Interview May 24th and still no package?

Called DOS this morning. Interview is May 24th at 12:30 and she still has not received the P4 package.

Trying to keep this simple. A few questions.

1. We are bringing her daughter over at the same time. They live in Fujian province. She was going to go to Fuzhou and get her daughters body check done before the interview. She has called and only Monday thru friday. Her daughter needs to get two shots? 3 days between the shots. What is this shot?

2. The visa fee at GZ is 350.00 us dollars. Do we need to pay that 2 times? Because of her daughter also?

3. I have been looking for any other fees and trying to figure it out. Is there anything else?

Sorry for the confused message. I wanted to be there for the interview but it came too quickly. Now we are scrambling to make sure we have everything in good order.

Thanks for the help everyone. You have made this easier...haha

I am sure in the coming days I will be asking more questions....please do not delete me and have patience.

Thanks

----The shots are given according to the age required by US immigration. They can be given at one time but for children, it may need a break between shots. Medical report will be done when you get P4. Medical center needs to see interview appointment letter when giving a medical check-up.

-----No more fees at all. You had paid them off. But medical fees need to be paid when they do check-up at medical center.

she is 9 years old. I understand the break. But what I don't understand is what if the visa fails? Why shots for them if it is not good?

I have not paid anything since the initial filing fee. So my concern is what else am I missing?

thanks

she is 9 years old. I understand the break. But what I don't understand is what if the visa fails? Why shots for them if it is not good?

I have not paid anything since the initial filing fee. So my concern is what else am I missing?

thanks

All required shots have to be done before the interview. A vaccine list will be included in their medical reports sealed. So shots are not related with interview result. They would not let you pass without shots. Just simply assume all shots are good for them. I took three shots at one time. Although I did not know whether it is good for me, at least I know it is not bad for me.

By the way, let your wife bring her daugther's "vaccine book" with her. All Chinese children have a vaccine book which records their vaccine history. It may helpful for the girl.

Since your interview is set, it indicates all fees you have paid off. Do not worry about it. Bills will come to you rather than you go to find them.

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)

What visa types are we talking about?

K1/K2 pay $350 each to CITIC bank prior to interview and bring receipts to interview.

K1/K2 do not need vaccinations until adjusting status in the USA, my wife did the Shots shortly after interview in Guangzho got a yellow book which we later used when adjusting status in USA.

If CR or IR visas for spouse, then vaccinations are required, visa fee paid to CITIC bank IF you filed petitions in China, if petitions filed in States, then you should have paid fees to NVC.

Thanks

It is a K1 visa. Ok I will let her know that she will not need the vaccinations.

That made it a little more easier.

The daughter does not need to be there for the interview correct? She is 9 years old.

Child will be required to be at interview.

Due to the limited space in our interview waiting room, only beneficiaries may enter; the petitioner and other accompanying parties must wait outside. Children under 18 years old may be accompanied by one parent or guardian to the interview. Children under 14 years old are required to be accompanied to the interview by a close relative.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/iv_interview.html

One more thing, P4 docs are all available for downloading and printing on the consulate website.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/forms_and_packets.htm

Can download what is needed from there.

In our case my wife messed up a few forms, I visited the consulate, and the VO I spoke to kindly gave me a complete P4 including invite letter.

K1/K2 do not need vaccinations until adjusting status in the USA, my wife did the Shots shortly after interview in Guangzho got a yellow book which we later used when adjusting status in USA.

Don, thanks for mentioning the option of vaccination after k-1 interview. I think it's a great idea since some people may react to certain shots. Did your wife have any reaction after the shots? I assume her arm was sore from the shots a couple days after.

Don, thanks for mentioning the option of vaccination after k-1 interview. I think it's a great idea since some people may react to certain shots. Did your wife have any reaction after the shots? I assume her arm was sore from the shots a couple days after.

Nothing major after the vaccination.

Was cheaper over there than we could get in the states.

These things are age related, more here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41344-us-civil-surgeons-and-the-i-693/ (Thread about the requirements for Adjustment of Status.)