Whats the best way to contact the Guangzhou Consulate

We sent in P3 on 4/21. Based upon other timelines I would have expected to hear back from GUZ. We actually don't want to interview until June but just want to make sure our stuff hasn't gotten lost.

Is there a good email or is telephone the best? Anyone have contact info?

We sent in P3 on 4/21. Based upon other timelines I would have expected to hear back from GUZ. We actually don't want to interview until June but just want to make sure our stuff hasn't gotten lost.

Is there a good email or is telephone the best? Anyone have contact info?

Here is a link to their web site contact page. It basically sends them an email.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn//immigrant-visa-unit-question.html

I found them very helpful about these kinds of inquiries when we brought my wifes parents over.

The invitation letter had gotten lost. They sent me a copy and said to just have them bring it with them.

Good Luck

Reply from GUZ

Please be advised that we have already received your beneficiary's forms. However, it still may take some time for the case to be processed. We will mail appointment instructions to the applicant via EMS Courier mail when the case is ready for further action. Please wait with patience.

This email is UNCLASSIFIED

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou

Now that is the US gov't that I know and love

I would guess this at least acknowledges receipt of P3 though I already checked that online through EMS.

Is there any actual processing going on between P3 and P4 or are we just waiting on the bureaucracy?

Edited by Beachey (see edit history)

Now that is the US gov't that I know and love

I would guess this at least acknowledges receipt of P3 though I already checked that online through EMS.

Is there any actual processing going on between P3 and P4 or are we just waiting on the bureaucracy?

[/size][/font]

They will review your P3 documents to make sure they have everying. If not, they will send you a REF. If everything good, they will send you appointment package. It takes time. But I think Guangzhou is pretty quick and efficient.