Everything is sent in to NVC....Questions

If you're worried about having to buy new white books, you may not need to. My wife and I made copies of ours and they accepted the copies even after I told them that we had the originals on hand if they wanted to swap. The officer said it was fine and took the copies - no problem. So, we still have all of our original white books tucked away for future use.

I sent in some beautiful copies in my original application, and again during the electronic IR-1 IR-2 NVC part. now it's GUZ who wants originals. Have known about it a long time but just looking to see how many needed.

Thanks, and good luck to you both.

Even though GUZ is gonna be giving us a June interview our turn at bat (again) is gonna have to be set back to early July because of our son's school exams.

tsap seui

I feel like Yogi deja Vu Berra all over again. Goin' to a dadgum interview again. I'll bet Guangzhou hasn't gotten any cooler in July. In 2007 you could fry eggs on the sidewalks.

We'll be Walkin' a Tight Rope, hand in hand, as ol' Stevie Ray Vaughin would sing and play.

It will definitely be hot and humid there in July, don't forget the umbrella.

Guangzhou is simply horrible to me, and my wife. Being from the north she isn't used such heat and humidity, and being who we are there isn't much of anything in hot muggy Guangzhou that we care to go see. It's all about gettin' the visa and gettin' the HELL OUTTA Gaungzhou.

In 2007 I got into Guangzhou late at night and it wasn't so bad but during the day time, everytime I stepped out side it was like I felt when I stepped off the plane in Vietnam, so much heat and humidity it practically threw you back into the air conditioning. At least in Nam I could fly choppers up out of the "dead man zone" (above 2,500 feet) and catch a cool breeze, no such luck in Guangzhou.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're worried about having to buy new white books, you may not need to. My wife and I made copies of ours and they accepted the copies even after I told them that we had the originals on hand if they wanted to swap. The officer said it was fine and took the copies - no problem. So, we still have all of our original white books tucked away for future use.

I sent in some beautiful copies in my original application, and again during the electronic IR-1 IR-2 NVC part. now it's GUZ who wants originals. Have known about it a long time but just looking to see how many needed.

Even though GUZ is gonna be giving us a June interview our turn at bat (again) is gonna have to be set back to early July because of our son's school exams.

tsap seui

I feel like Yogi deja Vu Berra all over again. Goin' to a dadgum interview again. I'll bet Guangzhou hasn't gotten any cooler in July. In 2007 you could fry eggs on the sidewalks.

We'll be Walkin' a Tight Rope, hand in hand, as ol' Stevie Ray Vaughin would sing and play.

Guangzhou is simply horrible to me, and my wife. Being from the north she isn't used such heat and humidity, and being who we are there isn't much of anything in hot muggy Guangzhou that we care to go see. It's all about gettin' the visa and gettin' the HELL OUTTA Gaungzhou.

In 2007 I got into Guangzhou late at night and it wasn't so bad but during the day time, everytime I stepped out side it was like I felt when I stepped off the plane in Vietnam, so much heat and humidity it practically threw you back into the air conditioning. At least in Nam I could fly choppers up out of the "dead man zone" (above 2,500 feet) and catch a cool breeze, no such luck in Guangzhou.

tsap seui

And in 2007, I'm pretty sure we had to turn in birth certificates for K-1/K-2 medical reports. Glad to see nothing now but show your passport.

For medical reports, your wife and son need to bring their passports, interview appointment letter, and 4 photographs (2cun*2cun). Medical reports will be sealed and turned them in at interview.

I only had one police certificate and two birth certificates in white book.

Note: 4 photographs (2cun*2cun). = 2"x2" US passport style, or 50mm x 50mm

Note: 4 photographs (2cun*2cun). = 2"x2" US passport style, or 50mm x 50mm

No, it is not. The photogragh for medical report is 2cun (´ç£©in Chinese measure, which is required by Beijing meidcal exam centers. Not US passport style.

Yes, I remember the sealed doctors reports for my wife and son last time we were in GUZ.

No passport photos turned in on the document collection day, other than what you turned in at the med center?

---2 US passpot style 50cm*50cm photographs for each of them need to be turned in. The photograph for medical is Chinese style (2cun ´ç£©¡£ Your wife know its meaning.

You didn't need much for your interview it looks like. We both have had divorces so she has a divorce decree AND a divorce agreement, as well a white book with the ex-husband giving his okay for the son to immigrate to America, our marriage certificate, the police report, and then....the two birth certificates.

---I Know you need much more stuff than me. But I did not realize that you have bought so many copies of white books.

Thanks for answering my questions.

---You are very welcome. I am more than happy if anything I can help. After knowing your visa journey, I think not everyone can do what you and your wife do. You two have very strong will and love. I respect it. I sincerely hope this time everything will be good. Thus the picture I drew will come true.

called the NVC yesterday. happened to find a nice operator who put in a process request for my wife's applications since it'd been 20 business days.

Today I called them again and they said they are sending me an email asking me to send 2 US passport photos of my wife scanned color as an attachment along with the Bar Coded print. Otherwise all papers are complete.

I told my wife to go to the photo shop near the US consul since most Chinese photo shop don't know the spec for US passport photo . I don't want another delay.

called the NVC yesterday. happened to find a nice operator who put in a process request for my wife's applications since it'd been 20 business days.

Today I called them again and they said they are sending me an email asking me to send 2 US passport photos of my wife scanned color as an attachment along with the Bar Coded print. Otherwise all papers are complete.

---You did not scan her photos in electronic P3? It is required. Wish you catch up

I told my wife to go to the photo shop near the US consul since most Chinese photo shop don't know the spec for US passport photo . I don't want another delay.

---I thought as what you think. But, actually not have to take photos near US consulate. Now almost all photoshops in big cities in China know the requirements for US passport style and they can do it with very good price.

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)

No , they don't . My wife tried it in her neighborhood and no one knows or cares about the US Consulate or Americans photos Red neck Chinese don't care about coming to the USA ! This is not Shanghai, Beijing or GZ , Fujian, or Nanning.

But, the documents & photo folks nearby US consulate know exactly what to do because that's how they make their living. So, I finally got everything taken care of today and emailed it to NVCelectronic. Again, must attach that BAR CODED cover letter . The letter that they generated yesterday has not arrived yet as of today but the operator told me to go ahead and send the office the photos along with the BAR code .That letter will arrive in a few days. Nice huh !!!

It seems that we have to be very proactive in doing all of these, otherwise a few months can pass by without nothing being done.If I had not called them that day, I'm sure ours won't be processed for another few weeks.

No , they don't . My wife tried it in her neighborhood and no one knows or cares about the US Consulate or Americans photos Red neck Chinese don't care about coming to the USA ! This is not Shanghai, Beijing or GZ , Fujian, or Nanning.

You may have already taken care of this but we got ours done in a Kodak store in a mall here in Dalian. I think I have seen these Kodak stores throughout China. They usually have a picture chart with different size photos and one of them is marked American Visa. (in Chinese )

Thanks. I doubt my wife knows what Kodak is ???

I finally got the " Check list letter response ". It says to print the wife 's name and case # on the back of the photos . I wonder how the hell we are doing this when we are supposed to scan the photos ??? Isn't it better to print them on below the photos ???

Looks like the instructions still are from the paper processing not electronic processing .

Another thing is they said in the letter to allow " 20 business days " for NVC to review the case . So, another month before they forwarded this to GZ . That's if the photos are correct. Otherwise, let's wait another 20 more business days,etc...

Yes, I remember the sealed doctors reports for my wife and son last time we were in GUZ.

No passport photos turned in on the document collection day, other than what you turned in at the med center?

---2 US passpot style 50cm*50cm photographs for each of them need to be turned in. The photograph for medical is Chinese style (2cun ´ç£©¡£ Your wife know its meaning.

You didn't need much for your interview it looks like. We both have had divorces so she has a divorce decree AND a divorce agreement, as well a white book with the ex-husband giving his okay for the son to immigrate to America, our marriage certificate, the police report, and then....the two birth certificates.

---I Know you need much more stuff than me. But I did not realize that you have bought so many copies of white books.

Thanks for answering my questions.

---You are very welcome. I am more than happy if anything I can help. After knowing your visa journey, I think not everyone can do what you and your wife do. You two have very strong will and love. I respect it. I sincerely hope this time everything will be good. Thus the picture I drew will come true.

Thanks for your advice, and kind words for our relationship and hopes for the interview and future life.

I appreciate what you say.

My wife and I have been at this game a long time now and I can only hope that our turn at a successful interview is now near.

tsap seui

tsap seui

Thanks. I doubt my wife knows what Kodak is ???

I finally got the " Check list letter response ". It says to print the wife 's name and case # on the back of the photos . I wonder how the hell we are doing this when we are supposed to scan the photos ??? Isn't it better to print them on below the photos ???

Looks like the instructions still are from the paper processing not electronic processing .

Another thing is they said in the letter to allow " 20 business days " for NVC to review the case . So, another month before they forwarded this to GZ . That's if the photos are correct. Otherwise, let's wait another 20 more business days,etc...

Selling her short, Kodak is widely known in China, it is everywhere.

http://images.travelpod.com/users/jackie818/1.1242598560.chinese-kodakx.jpg

Also I suspect correct photos are needed at the consulate, not NVC, they should go with what was attached to the original petition, when doing electronic processing.

In my wife's case we got correct photos in Guangzhou a few days before interview, there are travel agencies in the consulate building that can do the pictures.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

On the subject of photos... when I was there this last time we made sure to get extra paper copies made of both our "wedding" picture, the one of us together with the red background, and the passport style one of her. I also copied the disk she got with both photos on it. That way electronic ones can be sent at any time and I can have more paper ones made as needed. Speaking of which, I plan on getting a good dozen or so made shortly for each "package". Don't want to be caught flat footed.

Thanks. All done and emailed out . Now, waiting again for up to 20 BUSINESS DAYS.

I want everyone to know this : each time , one sends RFE response ( check list letter ) , one can expect up to 1 month for it to get processed . NEVER forget to include the BAR code each time a reponse is sent out to NVC .

after 20 business days, one can ask then to initiate a process by calling them , but not before 20 days.

so, if RFE keeps coming, it may take months for the application to stay at NVC.