Everything is sent in to NVC....Questions

Thanks. All done and emailed out . Now, waiting again for up to 20 BUSINESS DAYS.

I want everyone to know this : each time , one sends RFE response ( check list letter ) , one can expect up to 1 month for it to get processed . NEVER forget to include the BAR code each time a reponse is sent out to NVC .

after 20 business days, one can ask then to initiate a process by calling them , but not before 20 days.

so, if RFE keeps coming, it may take months for the application to stay at NVC.

Yessir, don't forget those bar coded COVER SHEETS. You get them when you pay your AOS fee online, then again when you pay your IV fee. They have separate cover sheets for AOS info and separate cover sheets for IV info.

tsap seui

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey uncle Tsap ;

Did you get your case completed yet ???

It seems that they are not working as fast anymore nowdays.... 20 business days , sir .... ie, 1 month at least.

Chances are you and I may get about the same interview dates ; sometimes in June because I forgot to include photos on the 1st go around. now, i 'm on my 2nd go around...

Hey uncle Tsap ;

Did you get your case completed yet ???

It seems that they are not working as fast anymore nowdays.... 20 business days , sir .... ie, 1 month at least.

Chances are you and I may get about the same interview dates ; sometimes in June because I forgot to include photos on the 1st go around. now, i 'm on my 2nd go around...

Yep cuzin', May 10th was the day my IV payment became paid and I sent in everything (6 e-mails) that very day. NVC e-mailed me they had recieved each IV e-mail on the same day I sent them in, so the 10th is my start day for getting the "we're finished processing this case" e-mail.

IF they do like they did on my son's case on this Friday or Monday I should get the NVC finished e-mail. GUZ sent us the interview date for him on hte very next day.

I have no doubts we'll both get June interviews...I'm just going ot have to request GUZ change ours to early July, they are currently holding my sons case until his mom's catches up with his, this, or next week.

tsap seui

Thanks. All done and emailed out . Now, waiting again for up to 20 BUSINESS DAYS.

I want everyone to know this : each time , one sends RFE response ( check list letter ) , one can expect up to 1 month for it to get processed . NEVER forget to include the BAR code each time a reponse is sent out to NVC .

after 20 business days, one can ask then to initiate a process by calling them , but not before 20 days.

Just for reference, did you have any other RFEs or just the one?

Just one . No other . Hopefully , that 's it !

Just one . No other . Hopefully , that 's it !

Yeah, hopefully there are no more.

Today, the 24th, NVC sent me the e-mail stating they have everything needed for processing the case and next step is the interview from GUZ. Just like my son's case, my wife's case was 10 working days from my submittal of everything to their e-mail saying they were done.

I quickly sent GUZ an e-mail asking for the IR-1 and IR-2 cases to be put back together now and for an interview date in early July, so the son can finish his exams for high school.

The end of our journey is nearing each day now. I will be with my wife and son soon and come what may, the nice American government will soon be a part of my wife and my "past" and no longer a part of our strong and intregal bona fide relationship that we have lead for close to five years now, despite their intervention.

We are both strong, not expecting much at the interview and glad that this debacle is soon to be over and done with. We just wish to be together and left alone.

Haven't been online much, as I'm working a pretty lucrative construction job in central Ohio.....Last week I got the water and electricity turned back on in a house that suffered a fire. It's one thing to completely wire a house from new, quite another to play "electrical" Columbo and figure out how a house was wired 20 some years ago and put it all back together again......when all you have is stubs of wire hanging down into joist spaces....but I got it nailed and everything works. Quite the mind game there for a day or two though.

Gonna get the bathrooms working again this week and get the new counter top and sink hooked up and working again. Nice unexpected surprise of a job, and quite a lucrative offer to drive out and get it finished for the contractor.....he was going to finish the wiring and plumbing and flipped out when he saw plumbing an dwiring just aren't quite as easy on a restoration as the TV shows try and make it look. New is one thing, restoration is a whole 'nuther animal....ya gots to have an imagination, try and read what the original guy did, and walk around in circles talkin' to yerself sometimes, but there is a path, ya just gotta figger it out.

Good luck to all in que for the big day.

tsap seui

Heard that NVC schedules the interview for GZO files not Guang zhou ???

Yes, you will get an oppointment letter from NVC for GZO cases. But you have to reschedule an interview with Guangzhou if you can not make the set-up interview by NVC.

Today, the 24th, NVC sent me the e-mail stating they have everything needed for processing the case and next step is the interview from GUZ. Just like my son's case, my wife's case was 10 working days from my submittal of everything to their e-mail saying they were done.

I quickly sent GUZ an e-mail asking for the IR-1 and IR-2 cases to be put back together now and for an interview date in early July, so the son can finish his exams for high school.

tsap seui

Good to know it is rolling quickly. Hope the rest goes smoothly as well.

Heard that NVC schedules the interview for GZO files not Guang zhou ???

Yes, you will get an oppointment letter from NVC for GZO cases. But you have to reschedule an interview with Guangzhou if you can not make the set-up interview by NVC.

I agree, my son's appointment letter for his proposed April 21st interview came in an e-mail from NVCInquiry....the very day after NVCElectronic told me they had everything for his case..

Early this morning I sent my e-mail to GUZ asking for a early July interview for my wife and son. The IV unit responded in a matter of an hour and a half....they don't have my wife's case number from NVC just yet. OPPPPS, I'm getting too quick on the draw. GUZ was quick to reply to me, just like on my last e-mail to them. Now if they will just quickly give lil' rabbit and Bubba Jr. a quck interview and their visas.

tsap seui

Back to work....I gotta get this job finished and catch a plane.

Early this morning I sent my e-mail to GUZ asking for a early July interview for my wife and son. The IV unit responded in a matter of an hour and a half....they don't have my wife's case number from NVC just yet. OPPPPS, I'm getting too quick on the draw. GUZ was quick to reply to me, just like on my last e-mail to them. Now if they will just quickly give lil' rabbit and Bubba Jr. a quck interview and their visas.

tsap seui

I did as what you did: emailed Guangzhou for rescheduling, right after I received set-up interview by NVC since I could not make that date. And their reply is like what you received from them. Afte Guangzhou gets your case number and set a date, they will mail new appointment letter to your wife (NOT EMAILS, since now everything will go with mails). If you want to know the new appiointment date, you need to call NVC to check the case status, or bug Guangzhou later. What we did is to call NVC.

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)

I agree, my son's appointment letter for his proposed April 21st interview came in an e-mail from NVCInquiry....the very day after NVCElectronic told me they had everything for his case..

tsap seui

You git'er'done you ol hound dawg!!

You git'er'done you ol hound dawg!!

Literally 5 minutes before I walked in the door this evening NVC sent us an interview date of June 21, 2011. Funny, I had told my wife I htought her interview date would be June 20.

Just sent off an e-m,ail to GUZ asking for the IR-1 and IR-2 interviews to be together in early July.

Gotta hit the sack...I put in a little over 100 hours in ten straight days then drove 4 more hours home. Got my plane ticket paid for and put a couple of grand in the bank account. I gots to scare me up a plane ticket tomorrow and June is a terribly busy month to find an isle seat.

tsap seui