Osama Bin Laden killed

Sorry I haven't vetted all of these yet. But I'm not surprised by any of these allegations:

1. Abbottabad is a military town, home to three Pakistan army regiments and thousands of military personnel and is dotted with military buildings.

2. The land is controlled or owned by the Pakistan Army and retired army officers.

3. The house was 100 meters (yards) away from the gate of the Kakul Military Academy, an army run institution where top officers train.

4. The maps had sections of land nearby marked off as ¡°restricted area,¡± indicating that it was under military control.

5. The compound is 8 x larger than any other buidling that would house an officer making it very high profile. The security detail and gunners on the roof raise red flags to any onlooker.

6. The compound in Abbottabad where Osama Bin Laden was killed was once used as a safe house by Pakistan¡¯s premier intelligence agency ISI, Gulf News has learnt.

7. According to Wikileaks "American diplomats were told that one of the key reasons why they had failed to find bin Laden was that Pakistan¡¯s security services tipped him off whenever US troops approached¡­"

8. The Pakistan Intelligence agency ISI was the same agency that was caught conducting a wire transfer of 100,000$ to Mohamed Atta (main 911 terrorist) right before the WTC attacks thus indicates that the money trail of 911 leads right to the governemnt of Pakistan.

9. The US has given between 5 and 7 billion $ to Pakistan to assist on the war on terror.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed in the topics panel on the right this one says "Osama Bin Laden Killed by warpedbored"

Lol,

-James

That is a good one, Carl does not strike me as a killing type. However I have seen him utter to sting some bad guys up before.

That is a good one, Carl does not strike me as a killing type. However I have seen him utter to sting some bad guys up before.

Naw, Carl wants them all castrated.

That's the term he uses!

CASTRATE THEM ALL! (then kill em)

Although my politics are left of center I am not a pacifist. I do believe some military actions are necessary. I believe that these kind of surgical strikes by crack special forces is the best way to combat terrorism where ever they may be. If the government harboring terrorists doesn't like it tough shit. No one will convince me that the Pakistani government didn't know where Osama Bin Laden was.

My belief is that Osama Bin Laden is dead.

But I am troubled by the changing story about his resistance---then lack of it--- I'm not concerned if he was executed unarmed---but it adds doubt in the Arab world. The truth should be easy, liars change their story. If proof is necessary---and it will be very soon, I personally would hope that before burial at sea that our medical teams had cut out a piece of his heart. Smooth heart muscle is different from all other muscle in the body, so if you have his heart, and it's DNA can checked independently, there can be no doubt that this murderer is actually dead.

My belief is that Osama Bin Laden is dead.

But I am troubled by the changing story about his resistance---then lack of it--- I'm not concerned if he was executed unarmed---but it adds doubt in the Arab world. The truth should be easy, liars change their story. If proof is necessary---and it will be very soon, I personally would hope that before burial at sea that our medical teams had cut out a piece of his heart. Smooth heart muscle is different from all other muscle in the body, so if you have his heart, and it's DNA can checked independently, there can be no doubt that this murderer is actually dead.

There can ALWAYS be doubt - and denial - by those wishing to further their own cause.

I think that perhaps legally bin Laden would've been more a headache alive than dead. But I ain't no lawyer. They took some goodies from his house and will study those. Symbolically his death is significant (IMHO). The message of you can run, you can hide, but we will find you is the most significant.

Guest ExChinaExpat

This isn't so much about the US government providing proof of death; it's now become something so much more.

“It is important for us to make sure that very graphic photos of somebody who was shot in the head are not floating around as an incitement to additional violence or as a propaganda tool. That’s not who we are. We don’t trot out this stuff as trophies..."

Someone is trying to convince us that we are a nation now engaged in fighting armed conflicts all over the world and fight only clean wars and live on a sort of moral high ground. Quite a few are actually buying it because it somehow seems better to kill if you don't show the public photos and graphic images of war. Less than half of Americans are buying it. But, there are more than 30% who believe fighting wars and killing people is okay, as long as they don't have to see it, or personally experience it.

If someone kills my mother, it won't amount to a hill of beans difference whether I see photos of her body of not. I'm still going to want to kill the bastard who did it. There are plenty of fake photos floating around the Arab world right now, with the ones who are easily influenced believing them to be authentic. Why not just give them the real photos, with captions like, "Yeah, we did it, and damned glad we did!"

Edited by JiangsuExpat (see edit history)

I had posted this on that other site so I may as well post it here also, I give you all this quote " I will mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.¡± ¡ª Martin Luther King Jr

And everyone that has quoted MLK I have given this quote

Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

-Kyle Reese Sergeant Techcom, DN38416, 132nd under Perry

I had posted this on that other site so I may as well post it here also, I give you all this quote " I will mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.” — Martin Luther King Jr

It's a nice sentiment, but according to the Washington Post, it wasn't said by Dr. King.

http://www.washingto...KPjfF_blog.html

My favorite quote from their article is by Clarence Darrow: "...I have never killed any one, but I have read some obituary notices with great satisfaction..."

Best Wishes

"...If someone kills my mother, it won't amount to a hill of beans difference whether I see photos of her body of not. I'm still going to want to kill the bastard who did it..."

Collateral damage is, unfortunately, an aspect of all wars. innocents die. How does the combatant who kills by mistake live with himself? How about these who kill innocents in revenge and frustration? ( I gave a VN example here a few weeks ago) Senator Kerry --- (Nebraska not Massachusetts) describes with profound regret a 'special ops' blunder where he does just that: Kills an old man (surprisingly strong in his resistance) --- in a village that turns out to not be hostile after all.. The Patriarch ~ !! --- of an extended VN family! What young man in that family wouldn't sign up to kill Americans after that?

Yes, justice was done about as perfectly as it could have been this week, and my good friend, the recently retired American Airlines pilot---a surviver of 911 --- flying out of DC --- with all of the Pentagon crew --- told me he finally slept through the night. But it ain't pure---war. Kev (AA pilot) and me---VN war protesters ---- Kerry--- winner of the Metal of Honor in VN.

I had posted this on that other site so I may as well post it here also, I give you all this quote " I will mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.¡± ¡ª Martin Luther King Jr

And everyone that has quoted MLK I have given this quote

Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

-Kyle Reese Sergeant Techcom, DN38416, 132nd under Perry

BTW it was discovered that that MLK quote isnt even a real quote by him. Its a mix of one of his quotes butchered by some girl on Twitter that added her own words.

"...If someone kills my mother, it won't amount to a hill of beans difference whether I see photos of her body of not. I'm still going to want to kill the bastard who did it..."

Collateral damage is, unfortunately, an aspect of all wars. innocents die. How does the combatant who kills by mistake live with himself? How about these who kill innocents in revenge and frustration? ( I gave a VN example here a few weeks ago) Senator Kerry --- (Nebraska not Massachusetts) describes with profound regret a 'special ops' blunder where he does just that: Kills an old man (surprisingly strong in his resistance) --- in a village that turns out to not be hostile after all.. The Patriarch ~ !! --- of an extended VN family! What young man in that family wouldn't sign up to kill Americans after that?

Yes, justice was done about as perfectly as it could have been this week, and my good friend, the recently retired American Airlines pilot---a surviver of 911 --- flying out of DC --- with all of the Pentagon crew --- told me he finally slept through the night. But it ain't pure---war. Kev (AA pilot) and me---VN war protesters ---- Kerry--- winner of the Metal of Honor in VN.

The one question I would want to ask the SEAL who killed Osama bin Laden is what his true emotions are. Killing bin Laden like he did with a "Double Tap" is a very personal way to kill another person. I have no doubt that the SEAL doesn't have remorse but I can't imagine he feels nothing. He has to have some level of regret. Regret might not be the right word. Maybe that is what makes these guys different, they can comparmentalize.

The media has said ihe likely was back with his family within 48-72 hours. I just can't imagine taking out Osama one day and cutting the grass the next. How do you do that emotionally?

The one question I would want to ask the SEAL who killed Osama bin Laden is what his true emotions are. Killing bin Laden like he did with a "Double Tap" is a very personal way to kill another person. I have no doubt that the SEAL doesn't have remorse but I can't imagine he feels nothing. He has to have some level of regret. Regret might not be the right word. Maybe that is what makes these guys different, they can comparmentalize.

The media has said he likely was back with his family within 48-72 hours. I just can't imagine taking out Osama one day and cutting the grass the next. How do you do that emotionally?

I was never a Navy Seal, but it is my understanding that the "double tap" shooting you refer to is the way they are trained to shoot someone at close quarters. According to one of my friends who was US Army special forces, they are trained to place two shots in the chest, and one to the head...

By the way, you are right on the nail about their ability to compartmentalize. It's amazing what these guys go through, and are able to come back home and reintegrate back into a normal life.

Best Wishes