Anyone do emergency A/P?

Just a question about this matter. Could the chinese person travel to China before the form is received since it is just used to return. If she was going tp stay there for a few weeks, could she have you fed ex it to her and then use it when she returns. Or is that too risky? I have no idea about that but have wondered myself.

Just a question about this matter.  Could the chinese person travel to China before the form is received since it is just used to return.  If she was going tp stay there for a few weeks, could she have you fed ex it to her and then use it when she returns.  Or is that too risky?  I have no idea about that but have wondered myself.

Daniel,

I wouldn't recommend leaving the USA without the proper paperwork in hand.

See the discussion from a few weeks ago:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....t=ST&f=1&t=4221

BCIS definately says not to travel before applying as bad things might happen. Perhaps one could travel before it was accepted, but I think that would be risky..... Don't want to start from scratch with the application process again.

Here are the notes from the BCIS FAQ Sheet.

Can My Fiance(e) Travel Outside the United States?

If you are applying for adjustment to permanent resident status, you must receive advance permission to return to the United States if you are traveling outside the United States. This advance permission is called Advance Parole. If you do not apply for Advance Parole before you leave the country, you will abandon your application with Immigration and you may not be permitted to return to the United States. For more information, please see How Do I Get a Travel Document?.