Before medical exam....

I know I have to bring all the stuff as specified in packet #3 (birth cert, police report, etc.)...what about the bank receipt fee? My girl is telling me packet #4 she just received is saying bring like 2300 RMB cash to the interview..i don't think that is the case but just want to be sure. I thought the 2300 RMB was a fee for other K visas and not for K1. Also, does anybody have any problem with bringing a bank receipt besides the GUZ branch? I told her to deposit 830 RMB in her local shanghai branch instead of going to GUZ and deposit as we need that receipt before she has the medical checkup. Thoughts?

I know I have to bring all the stuff as specified in packet #3 (birth cert, police report, etc.)...what about the bank receipt fee?  My girl is telling me packet #4 she just received is saying bring like 2300 RMB cash to the interview..i don't think that is the case but just want to be sure.  I thought the 2300 RMB was a fee for other K visas and not for K1.  Also, does anybody have any problem with bringing a bank receipt besides the GUZ branch?  I told her to deposit 830 RMB in her local shanghai branch instead of going to GUZ and deposit as we need that receipt before she has the medical checkup.  Thoughts?

Unless things have changed, the fee is still 830 RMB for the K-1, and she will bring the receipt to the interview - not cash. If I recall, the 2300 RMB fee is for immigrant visas, not the K-1.

Your fiancee should have gotten a list of banks where she can pay the fee. There are several banks outside of Guangzhou that will accept payment of the visa fee and give you the receipt, but I don't think any of them are in Shanghai. This is the link to the GZ website that lists the locations:

http://gz.citicib.com.cn/General/dropboxe.htm

Guest Long_strider

As mention, for the K1- you need to bring the receipt to the interview at the GZ consult only. It is not necessary to bring this receipt for the medical exam. Just bring the money needed to pay for the exam. Be caution about the requests for money. Best to call the clinic in advance and ask them the cost of the exam.

Mi

GZ uses the same forms (169, 230, etc) for just about every visa. Its easy to get confused about what to bring. Oddly enough, I don't think they ever explicitly say, "Bring X, Y, Z. Pay N." for a K1 or a K3. The fee is 830 RMB. It you want to confirm this, I'd recommend calling GZ and seeing if they can give you a clear list (be warned here: I have read a story where someone went to GZ and had their receipt for 830 RMB with them, and the VO sent them away until they could come up with 2300 RMB -- they do make mistakes sometimes) :blush:. As far as the medical exam, I don't think you can pre-pay for that. I think the reason they list prices for medical exams it to make sure that no doctor can set his own rate (and thus take advantage of someone). If there are no banks in your area where you can pay your 830 RMB, I'm sure you can go to a bank in GZ right before your interview. As long as you have the receipt, you should be good to go.

i have sent an email to GZ asking about this, but from what i am reading that y'all wrote the answer is this.....

the K1 Visa Fee is 830 RMB, not 2000 whatever RMB, right?

and this receipt does not have to be brought to the medical exam, only to the interview, right?

so for med. exam, you only need the whole list of papers and documents with you to be put inthe sealed envelope, not the fee receipt. and then you just pay for the medical exam at the hospital when you get there, right?

and you just pay the visa fee at an approved bank in GZ when you get there....??

oh man, this is so confusing!

they should have a packet for each type of visa if the requirements are different. my fiance said that at his first look at his packet, he didn't see the amount for any fee except the immigration one that is over 2000 yuan....

ahh!

almost over!!!