Mother In Law Visa B2

Yes. That is why she has a visa of multiple entries for a year. She can use the visa to enter US again before it expires. For example, if her visa is valid from January 2, 2011 to January 1, 2012, then she can enter US any time again before January 1,2012. And she can stay in US for another 6 months if she wants. (Usually B2 is allowed to stay in US for 6 months for each entry).

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)

Yes. That is why she has a visa of multiple entries for a year. She can use the visa to enter US again before it expires. For example, if her visa is valid from January 2, 2011 to January 1, 2012, then she can enter US any time again before January 1,2012. And she can stay in US for another 6 months if she wants. (Usually B2 is allowed to stay in US for 6 months for each entry).

I will add one note, the length of stay is determined by the POE officer, so for example visitor enters the USA gets stamped allowed 6 months, stays nearly that long, say 5.5 months, decides wants to stay longer so decides to make a trip to Canada or Mexico thinking leaving and then returning after a short visit to Can/Mex, more than likely the POE will simply use the expiration of prior stay as allowed stay, 1/2 month. I believe there is a max allowed stay per 12 month period, any longer and an I-539 would need to be filed to extend the allowed stay.
  • 2 weeks later...