California ID Card

Hello,

I applied for my California id card at the DMV back in Feb. this year and I just got a letter from DMV saying "unable to validate the documentation". I took my husband's last name when we got married. And it turns out that my last name in the system is still my maiden name. I am so confused how can this be since I got both my green card and SSN with my husband's last name on it.

I talked two different agent from legal presence verification unit. One said that I need to go to a California field office to get this corrected and the other one said that I need to go to the local DMV to add my maiden name as a AKA and that would do it.

Does anyone know why is this happening and how to fix it?

Interesting one, this may be one of those things to visit USCIS field office and make an inquiry, make sure records are correct, who know this could cause issues sometime down the road..

http://infopass.uscis.gov/

Do u know how long it will take ?

Depending on field office, could get an appointment in a couple days, or a week or so.

As for info change on the systems, I would suspect a week or so after doing info-pass appointment.