Travel To China

I was in China in late February and early March for a couple of weeks. I will have a difficult overcome due to many reasons.Age difference,20+ years,short time of knowing each other,5 months and marriage on first trip.It only gets worse,this is my 4th marriage,first wife passed away 10+years ago,and two divorces from Chinese women before,one in 2005 and a very short one in 2007.We are in no particular rush to file I-130 yet, still gathering her documents,LiYuan has never married before but since she was born at home, need get Birth Certificate as well.

I may have a chance to fly to China again at end of April, not sure, will know by end of the week.

Is this to soon in the eyes of Guangzhou?

Next time may well be September before have a chance again,or later.

Or would three times over be better before we start the visa process?

We opened a joint savings account in Guilin when I was there and adding her to my health insurance plan should not be a problem as well as to a credit card.

I know we need lots of frontloading as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Paul

Yes, several trips prior to filing I-130, also document well the prior marriages, exactly what happened, and include this in with the I-130 when filing it.

As for "too soon" visit, nope should be fine. Who relay knows what the consulate considers when deciding a visa, but frequency of visit I would suspect would be a low consideration, however number of visits can be a good thing.

Age difference varies, depends on age of couple, 20+40 or 40+60 may be viewed differently.

I'm normally not in favor of using a lawyer up front but in your case you have extenuating circumstances. You would be well advised to consult with a lawyer familiar with the inner workings of the consulate in GZ. The prior marriages to other Chinese women is going to be a huge red flag for GZ. They may view you as easily duped or suspect you are being paid to marry these women. The age difference while a concern is not that big of a deal. Front loading your petition with the known red flags is a good idea.

I was in China in late February and early March for a couple of weeks. I will have a difficult overcome due to many reasons.Age difference,20+ years,short time of knowing each other,5 months and marriage on first trip.It only gets worse,this is my 4th marriage,first wife passed away 10+years ago,and two divorces from Chinese women before,one in 2005 and a very short one in 2007.We are in no particular rush to file I-130 yet, still gathering her documents,LiYuan has never married before but since she was born at home, need get Birth Certificate as well.

I may have a chance to fly to China again at end of April, not sure, will know by end of the week.

Is this to soon in the eyes of Guangzhou?

Next time may well be September before have a chance again,or later.

Or would three times over be better before we start the visa process?

We opened a joint savings account in Guilin when I was there and adding her to my health insurance plan should not be a problem as well as to a credit card.

I know we need lots of frontloading as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Paul

Let me be a little suspicious if only so you think how an outsider might see this.

You have married 2 chinese women before and divorced them, now you have met a young chinese lady over 20 years younger than yourself who wants to marry you !

How lucky a guy you are, must be your good looks ?

You married the first time you met, and knowing how against divorce chinese women are, for her to ignore your previous 3 marriages, and marry you on first visit is amazing!

Now, your wondering how often you should visit her. You have a chance to go in April, but do you wonder if guz will care if you don't? wth are you talking about !?!

Your lucky enough to find a hot 30 year old chinese woman, who has never been married, and your concern is how will it look to GUZ?!?

ANY breathing male who has a 20 year younger lady waiting for him is going to go EVERY chance he gets to .. um get acquainted.

The fact you even ASK this question puts doubt in my mind if your serious!

A "normal" male of the species is going to see his "normal" mate as often as possible without reguard for what GUZ thinks.

Also, I think YOU should be suspicious. I am same age as you, and I KNOW I am a hunk, but if a never married 30 sumpthing got a hankering to marry me on my first visit I would be looking REALLY close at the situation.

Never mind what GUZ says, I think YOU need to be looking into this!

A divorced woman with a child in China might have good reason to look for a foreign man, maybe even an older foreign man.

A 30 year old, never married, no children would not normally look outside her country unless something was hindering her finding a marriage inside the country.

Like I said, I am CERTAIN you have looked at this with an open mind, and after 2 failed Chinese marriages have learned your lessons and know exactly what your getting into....

Even considering your eyes wide open, I doubt your decision, and I bet GUZ is going to triple doubt it.

If this is real, and your seriously want to prove to GUZ your a "bona-fide" relationship I suggest you move to China, and DCF from there after a year or 2 of marriage.

Just my opinion.

I go with credzba. Actually even yourself have difficulties and unwilling with the relationship. Visit her more? But you have to in order to make the case look real. You know what Guangzhou thinks of the marriage!

A Chinese student studies in USA. He comes back to China and married to a young girl whom he knows for months. Bring her to USA as F2. Unfortunately they divorced soon after she settles down in US. He thinks he is unlucky. Years later he comes back to China again and wants to marry a young girl again. His parents say "Please do not do it again to us. You are just a transport plane for those girls." His name is replaced by "transport plane". It is not a fiction. It is petty common for the international students group in USA.

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)

I would like to thank everyone for the advice. To further explain my situation. My first wife passed of cancer after 25 years of marriage. I met my second wife from Shanghai in 2002, we applied K-1 and got caught up in the black hole that year, is when I joined Candle.We married in Feb 2003 and ended in divorce in May 2005. I live in the countryside. she could not and never will drive a car. She felt trapped by this and we drifted apart after time.The second divorce was after knowing her for a year,as I was teaching in Singapore and was looking at moving to China to teach,we married in June and divorced in July,She was 4 months pregnant and lost the baby 2 weeks after we married,she blamed me for the loss and told me if I not divorce her in 2 weeks I would never find her again.Sad but is life. I never got a white book and we never applied for a visa to USA.

Liyuan knows all this and we have talked the difficulties many times.She grew up in Rural China, so we have a lot in common since I grew up on a farm.She is fluent in English.Her heart was broken by a former Chinese BF of 4 years,he told her his parents would never accept her and was dating another woman is why she left him.

I do not have any doubts myself as just looking at best possible ways to prove to Guangzhou that it is a bonafide relationship.

Thanks again

Paul

I would like to thank everyone for the advice. To further explain my situation. My first wife passed of cancer after 25 years of marriage. I met my second wife from Shanghai in 2002, we applied K-1 and got caught up in the black hole that year, is when I joined Candle.We married in Feb 2003 and ended in divorce in May 2005. I live in the countryside. she could not and never will drive a car. She felt trapped by this and we drifted apart after time.The second divorce was after knowing her for a year,as I was teaching in Singapore and was looking at moving to China to teach,we married in June and divorced in July,She was 4 months pregnant and lost the baby 2 weeks after we married,she blamed me for the loss and told me if I not divorce her in 2 weeks I would never find her again.Sad but is life. I never got a white book and we never applied for a visa to USA.

Liyuan knows all this and we have talked the difficulties many times.She grew up in Rural China, so we have a lot in common since I grew up on a farm.She is fluent in English.Her heart was broken by a former Chinese BF of 4 years,he told her his parents would never accept her and was dating another woman is why she left him.

I do not have any doubts myself as just looking at best possible ways to prove to Guangzhou that it is a bonafide relationship.

Thanks again

Paul

Thanks for sharing your story more. It seems to me that your two wives were not willing to overcome/share life difficulties with you. I think a cross-country relationship is normal/common if the relationship still makes sense without the cross-country condition. Otherwises the relationship will fade and disappear very quickly! Certainly many exceptions with good life. I hope yours is the one. Get a lawyer and good luck!

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)

I'm with Carl. A good attorney that knows GUZ will help you a lot.

Ditto. Your case, although you understand in detail everything that happened, will not necessarily be easily grasped by GUZ. Red flags are everywhere as far as they are concerned. Also, I think when it gets that far down the road, your wife needs to be well prepared for the interview.