What should I do?

My step son's case has already made it through electronic processing for his CR-2 and my wife still hasn't gotten her P-2 yet.

Today NVC sent me an e-mail telling his case was complete, that when his interview date came up they would notify me.

My question is....should I try and get NVC to hold the case until his mom catches up, or ask GUZ to hold it until his mom catches up?

Thanks.

tsap seui

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My step son's case has already made it through electronic processing for his CR-2 and my wife still hasn't gotten her P-2 yet.

Today NVC sent me an e-mail telling his case was complete, that when his interview date came up they would notify me.

My question is....should I try and get NVC to hold the case until his mom catches up, or ask GUZ to hold it until his mom catches up?

Thanks.

tsap seui

Easiest to simply call DOS visa services and ask them to hold up the petition at the consulate, and delay setting up interview.

(202) 663-1225 if not then send an email to the consulate using their online form. http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant-visa-unit-question.html

How did the two petitions get separated? Did you file at same time?

You could have held up the CR-2 at NVC by delaying paying the visa fee, and emailing docs.

Thanks.

tsap seui

With the way this has gone for you Tsap, I wouldn't hold up anything.

full speed ahead.... wherever we are going.

If he gets his visa first, then that pretty much proves your wife will (seems you have to be bona-fide if the child is).

The sons visa will be good for 6 months, so just let them worry about it.

You should call and have it held for your wife's to catch up. When approved then notify them so that they will expedite the wife's to catch up with the son's. Not sure how much it would cost you for them to travel to Guangzhou and room and board for his interview and then again for your wifes. Also if your wife's case is hung up past the 6 months for some ungodly reason(based on your luck so far) then the son would need to fly to US by himself.

My friend had this problem and the mother had to fly to the US before her 6 month ended then flew back to China for her daughter's interview which was after hers.

You need to hold it up, and let wifes get there. If anything it would be preferred that you wife interview before son. I have same problem in reverse, and at wife interview last week VO asked her why son not with her. She explained we are waiting on interview date, and all papers filed. He understood saying that it has been happening a lot lately and he was happy

she came first. He explained VO's really dislike interviewing children under 18 before parent, it can cause problems.

Thank you all for your input.

Yesterday, I worked a job for a feller and when I came home I had the e-mail from NVCElectronic@state.guv that the son's case was complete and ready for interview...so...after posting this question, and before seeing any responces I fired of e-mails to both NVCInquiry and NVCElectronic. Today I will make yet, another call about this. I have called NVC 4 times since late February telling them about the USCIS splitting the mom and son's cases.

I was told 4 times to process the son's case and they would hold it for mom's case to catch up.

Dan, I filed them together, it is USCIS who is stalling on the mom's case. Thanks for the links and suggestions....I'll se what the NVC says and then, if need, start calling my old friend, the DOS, and send them e-mails again.

Charles, lil' rabbit laughed and then yawned when I told her I had sent two e-mails to hold up bubba, Jr.s case. No stress, just stoic and resigned to wait.

Thanks again to everyone,

tsap seui

You should call and have it held for your wife's to catch up. When approved then notify them so that they will expedite the wife's to catch up with the son's. Not sure how much it would cost you for them to travel to Guangzhou and room and board for his interview and then again for your wifes. Also if your wife's case is hung up past the 6 months for some ungodly reason(based on your luck so far) then the son would need to fly to US by himself.

My friend had this problem and the mother had to fly to the US before her 6 month ended then flew back to China for her daughter's interview which was after hers.

Thanks Dan and Scott. It looks like this dumb crap has been going on for awhile now. I tried my best to tell USCIS what they were doing and then to tell NVC about the looming problem.

Worse case, and maybe what I should do is just let them give the son n interview date and stall his interview date for mom to catch up.

The more I think about it the better I like that idea....we'll see what NVC does for now.

I figure if they interviewed my son without his mom that he would just get a blue slip for his mom's case to catch up.

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

Charles, lil' rabbit laughed and then yawned when I told her I had sent two e-mails to hold up bubba, Jr.s case. No stress, just stoic and resigned to wait.

tsap seui

So Lil Rabbit is the one keeping you all calm.

HEck, we're resigned to using laughter in place of hate and stress in this mess.I'm lucky she's not stressin'....dam lucky. SHe's a trppoer and knows now that stress doesn't get you anywhere with your goals.

I'm still stoopid but not for anything I've done with the application, she sorta wants me to let it go to interview and then stop it there in Guangzhou.

tsap seui

tsap seui

So Lil Rabbit is the one keeping you all calm.

HEck, we're resigned to using laughter in place of hate and stress in this mess.I'm lucky she's not stressin'....dam lucky. SHe's a trppoer and knows now that stress doesn't get you anywhere with your goals.

I'm still stoopid but not for anything I've done with the application, she sorta wants me to let it go to interview and then stop it there in Guangzhou.

tsap seui

As long as you's still stoopid and knows yer place then all is well.

It seems to me that his visa is dependent upon her being approved. I seriously doubt they would issue him one before her. I would let it slide for now and see if they issue him an interview date before her. If they do I would send an email to GZ and ask them to schedule their interviews the same day if at all possible. Visa interview appointments are hard fought for and asking to delay one could get you a longer wait than you want.

It seems to me that his visa is dependent upon her being approved. I seriously doubt they would issue him one before her. I would let it slide for now and see if they issue him an interview date before her. If they do I would send an email to GZ and ask them to schedule their interviews the same day if at all possible. Visa interview appointments are hard fought for and asking to delay one could get you a longer wait than you want.

Electronic processing is THE BOMB!!!

QUICK!!! In five weeks of her P-2 approval I could have my wife's case ready for interview. I'm impressed with the NVC and electronic processing.

NVC answered me in less than 24 hours and said it was sorry it could not delay the interview for my son.

His interview is set for April 21st.!!!!

I'll have to send GUZ an e-mail asking for an interview date with his mom....whenever she even gets her P-2.

I figure letting him interview as scheduled is only going to produce a blue slip depending upon his mom's successful interview.

Oh yeah, a really cool thing, they are calling his case an IR-2 case. So mom is now officially an IR-1 case....I love it!!!

Thanks everyone.

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

It seems to me that his visa is dependent upon her being approved. I seriously doubt they would issue him one before her.

CR2 (or dare I say IR2) is independent of CR1/IR1; completely separate petitions, etc. They could in principle get him a visa and expect him to leave china for the US while they hold up the mom forever... welcome to GUZ

Anyways, the thing to do is get someone to hold it up.

It seems to me that his visa is dependent upon her being approved. I seriously doubt they would issue him one before her.

CR2 (or dare I say IR2) is independent of CR1/IR1; completely separate petitions, etc. They could in principle get him a visa and expect him to leave china for the US while they hold up the mom forever... welcome to GUZ

Anyways, the thing to do is get someone to hold it up.

I don't get it at all .. why hold the son up.

He has 6 months before he has to use the IR-2 visa.

Best case, the mom gets her visa within that time, and they are done.

Worst case he has to come to USA, then go back to wait for mom, or just come live with tsap for a few months, get settled in school, then mom get here... either way not a huge deal.

It's a $1,000 in extra airplane ticket at the worst, and Tsap has our tax dollars at his disposal.

For me, I wouldn't ASK for any wait at any point.

You get enough waits without asking.