material to include with I-130

I'm sorting through things to put with the I-130. I was initially intending to include information that I have added my wife as an authorized user to my credit card (as a way of co-mingling finances). However, after reading some of the most recent posts about financial co-mingling and the fact that we live apart (for the time being), it may not be necessary to do this. I don't want an RFE, but I also don't want to raise a red flag where one did not exist previously. I'm honestly conflicted. I'm also having conflicting thoughts about including information that shows I added her as a beneficiary to my 401k plan. Want to prove legitimate marriage but don't want to inadvertently make a bad impression.

I'm sorting through things to put with the I-130. I was initially intending to include information that I have added my wife as an authorized user to my credit card (as a way of co-mingling finances). However, after reading some of the most recent posts about financial co-mingling and the fact that we live apart (for the time being), it may not be necessary to do this. I don't want an RFE, but I also don't want to raise a red flag where one did not exist previously. I'm honestly conflicted. I'm also having conflicting thoughts about including information that shows I added her as a beneficiary to my 401k plan. Want to prove legitimate marriage but don't want to inadvertently make a bad impression.

This link may provide some thoughts. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43054&pid=570333&st=15entry570333

Frankly I do not quite understand why you have such a conflict. I know doing these definitely are good for our ladies :-)), but these are for visa purpose or marriage purpose? A good thing to consider might be how to have her covered in your health insurance if she will expected to join you soon.

Ryan, don't think too long and hard on all of this....just put her on your 401, get her a health policy, etc.

My view is simply this, if you read about someone doing it, or if you thought up a good idea....then DO IT !!! No need to question it.

Good luck, I know it's tough, just prepare as if there is a problem come interview day that you will be able to sleep well, not second guessing and saying,"If only I had done...."

tsap seui

If I could I would add to things like 401K, insurance etc. It shows making an effort to do things a married couple normally do.

Thanks Tsap and Dan. Your posts essentially reaffirmed the tried and true statement, "trust your initial instinct."

I believe it was my post that got you thinking along those lines. I've also been wondering what to include, but more along the pictures/logs/emails side of it. If you still haven't decided, what I decided to include and do was basically the things I would do if she were a new wife sitting next to me (oh how I wish). So, that would be life insurance, health, 401k, and the house if I can figure out how to do it in a timely manner. I'd love to put her on my checking account yet I'm pretty sure it's been decided that won't work. I did order her a paypal card in her name a while back and I may copy the letter/card/whatever thing the card arrived on and send that in.

Along these lines... is there such a thing, within reason, as including too much in the initial package?

Thanks Tsap and Dan. Your posts essentially reaffirmed the tried and true statement, "trust your initial instinct."

I believe it was my post that got you thinking along those lines. I've also been wondering what to include, but more along the pictures/logs/emails side of it. If you still haven't decided, what I decided to include and do was basically the things I would do if she were a new wife sitting next to me (oh how I wish). So, that would be life insurance, health, 401k, and the house if I can figure out how to do it in a timely manner. I'd love to put her on my checking account yet I'm pretty sure it's been decided that won't work. I did order her a paypal card in her name a while back and I may copy the letter/card/whatever thing the card arrived on and send that in.

Along these lines... is there such a thing, within reason, as including too much in the initial package?

I dont know your financial situation, but my wife and I bought an apartment in China in both our names, and a house in america in both our names.

We got a pink piece of paper.

I dont know your financial situation, but my wife and I bought an apartment in China in both our names, and a house in america in both our names.

We got a pink piece of paper.

I already own a house here. We have a rented apartment, for several months now, in China together. Buying one there isn't an option at the moment. I wonder how much weight might be given to the leased one?

I believe it was my post that got you thinking along those lines. I've also been wondering what to include, but more along the pictures/logs/emails side of it. If you still haven't decided, what I decided to include and do was basically the things I would do if she were a new wife sitting next to me (oh how I wish).

You're right. By nature, I tend to be analytical and sometimes that can slip into overthinking things. What I was doing and have resumed doing is as you said, do the things as if she were sitting next me. Oh how I wish too. Thanks for your reply. Your perspective plus a needed solid kick or two in the butt made me stop overthinking and started getting back to work.

I believe it was my post that got you thinking along those lines. I've also been wondering what to include, but more along the pictures/logs/emails side of it. If you still haven't decided, what I decided to include and do was basically the things I would do if she were a new wife sitting next to me (oh how I wish).

You're right. By nature, I tend to be analytical and sometimes that can slip into overthinking things. What I was doing and have resumed doing is as you said, do the things as if she were sitting next me. Oh how I wish too. Thanks for your reply. Your perspective plus a needed solid kick or two in the butt made me stop overthinking and started getting back to work.

I'm the same way really. Tend to over think things. My Greenwind is forever telling me that I'm thinking too much... haha

I really need to get to work on our package. Seems overwhelming sometimes how much needs to be done. Trying to keep it all straight can be a real pain. But, it is worth it.

I actually find putting all this stuff together quite fun. It's like one giant puzzle to solve. Although, I do have the added bonus of living with my wife in China. I'm sure having to do all this stuff without her, living alone, would be quite difficult.