Question about K1

Hello All,

Through Visa Journey, I found this friendly community. After reading a reasonable amount of posts here, I have a warm feeling about the nice people here. Every post is answered and taken care of. So I am hopeful to get help too. For that, I would like to express my gratitude in advance.

The love of my life and I are getting ready to file the K1 petition. I have been gathering useful information. But somehow I got confused. As a Chinese, do I need to mail my notarized Birth Certificate to my fiance when we are filing Form I-129?

Here's a list of the documents I am going to mail him:

1.G-325A;

2.One passport-type photo;

3.Notarized statement of being never married;

4.Original statement certifying an intent to marry within 90 days of entering the US on a valid K-1;

5.Some of the evidences of having met in past two years;

6.Some of the evidences of an on-going relationship;

7.A copy of my passport.

Are there anything apart from these documents I still need to include in the mail?

Thanks for viewing my post and many thanks for those who reply too!

Best wishes for all of you!

Edited by wateress (see edit history)

do I need to mail my notarized Birth Certificate to my fiance when we are filing Form I-129?

No.

1.G-325A;

4.Original statement certifying an intent to marry within 90 days of entering the US on a valid K-1;

7.A copy of my passport.

A copy of your passport is not needed at this time. Everything else in your list is good. I would say for #5 and #6, the more you include, the better.

Best wishes to you also!

Edited by Ryan H (see edit history)

do I need to mail my notarized Birth Certificate to my fiance when we are filing Form I-129?

No.

1.G-325A;

7.A copy of my passport.

A copy of your passport is not needed at this time. Everything else in your list is good. I would say for #5 and #6, the more you include, the better.

Best wishes to you also!

Thank you very much, Ryan H, and congrats on your wedding! A lifelong happy marriage to you!

1.G-325A; Needed

2.One passport-type photo; Needed, needs to be 2" x 2" 50mm x 50mm

3.Notarized statement of being never married; Needed for visa interview, not needed when filing the petition, however if married before, copy of divorce cert..

4.Original statement certifying an intent to marry within 90 days of entering the US on a valid K-1; Needed, (Fiancee Letter of Intent)

5.Some of the evidences of having met in past two years; Needed (Can be provided by US Citizen, photos, plane tickets, (Visa stamps and passport pages)

6.Some of the evidences of an on-going relationship; Needed, can be provided by US Citizen (Emails, Chats, Phone records)

7.A copy of my passport. ( only if to show being to the USA )

Your birth cert needed at visa interview, not when filing I-129F

1.G-325A; Needed

2.One passport-type photo; Needed, needs to be 2" x 2" 50mm x 50mm

3.Notarized statement of being never married; Needed for visa interview, not needed when filing the petition, however if married before, copy of divorce cert..

4.Original statement certifying an intent to marry within 90 days of entering the US on a valid K-1; Needed, (Fiancee Letter of Intent)

5.Some of the evidences of having met in past two years; Needed (Can be provided by US Citizen, photos, plane tickets, (Visa stamps and passport pages)

6.Some of the evidences of an on-going relationship; Needed, can be provided by US Citizen (Emails, Chats, Phone records)

7.A copy of my passport. ( only if to show being to the USA )

Your birth cert needed at visa interview, not when filing I-129F

Thanks a lot, dnoblett. I appreciate your detailed answer. I hope you have another great day with Yu.

I am curious why you did not tell your american husband to come here and assist with his initial package. If you know more than he does, something doesn't quite add up to me, since HE must send this initial package. Hope to see him here too. Best.

I had the same curiosity.

I am curious why you did not tell your american husband to come here and assist with his initial package. If you know more than he does, something doesn't quite add up to me, since HE must send this initial package. Hope to see him here too. Best.

Yes, you curiosity is more like a cat; mine more like a tiger

Yes, you curiosity is more like a cat; mine more like a tiger

Yes a cat with MORE than 9 lives.

Gentlemen, curiosity killed the cat.

However, thanks for your concerns and input all the same. B)

Edited by wateress (see edit history)