P-2 to NVC and OPTIN GZO number

Okay, here is a little more about how a CR-1 works.

Our case started out in the California service center and in November was sent (along with many others cases) to the Texas USCIS service center for "quicker processing" (their words, not mine).

Texas did some work, then sent the case to California....the California sent the case back to Texas, then the same scenerio was done again where now our case sitis in Texas awaiting a name or cecurity check. Once that check is answered the case will again be sent to California, who, then will be the ones to give us a P-2 (apprived or denied).

This morning I called USCIS and talked to a Tier ONE lady (or LEVEL ONE as they call them). SHe could only go so far on her computer so I asked her to forward me to a LEVEL TWO person.

Level TWO is an actual USCIS officer. Their computer sees even more than as if I made an infopass and drove two hours to talk about my case.

Level TWO is who you want to talk to about your case.

THe level two officer told me not to worry that she saw every thing was normal processing with my wife's case. Yes, she said, the cases get sent back and forth to different service centers for processing. SOmething new they have started. She told me that the service center where your case starts is who actually gives you the P-2.

So where we stand now, is Texas has our case for the final time. When they get an answer to an inquiry they now have out, they will forward that answer to California, who will then send us a P-2.

Hope that helps others to understand the new inner workings of the USCIS.

tsap seui

I'm glad you keep cool and not filing a suit . Everything will work out fine , seems to be...

Look at it positively, when yours come to the US POE , you guys have been married more than 2 yrs , so she 'll get IR-1 , no need to deal with this crapt for 10 yrs unless she wants to get naturalized ( 3 yrs later).

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad you keep cool and not filing a suit . Everything will work out fine , seems to be...

Look at it positively, when yours come to the US POE , you guys have been married more than 2 yrs , so she 'll get IR-1 , no need to deal with this crapt for 10 yrs unless she wants to get naturalized ( 3 yrs later).

Oh yeah, why I'm so cool they call me "the breeze".

Yes, IR-1 all the way now. And I am thankful for that fact, that is one reason we waited to file when we did, it was planned to become an IR-1.....with an interview as shortly afterwards as possible. That part is what is getting messed up with the delay.

I do look at it positively, we have waited 4 1/2 years, a few more days aren't gonna kill us.

Just waiting for the son's IV bill payment to go through and then I'll be sending a big bundle of attachements to NVCElectronic....gotta wait on their cover sheet to do that though.

tsap seui

This is for anyone soon behind our case, anyone preparing to file a CR-1 I-130, and to my friend David who is right behind us in the waiting.

When my son got his P-2 from the USCIS......

1) It took 16 days for me to get a 6 page packet from the NVC. This packet contained a DS-3032 with sons name written on it as well it contained a sheet that has the invoice ID number and teh GUZ number

The very day I recieved the packet I paid the money online to pay for the AOS (Afficavit of Support form). AS well, I also sent an OPTIN e-mail to NVCElectronic@state.gov along with his scanned and attached DS-3032.

2) It took 4 days before the payment of $88 was marked paid on the payment website. YOu will need the coversheet from the payment site to send in futher evidence WHEN they call for it.

3) It took 15 working days for me to get the e-mail from Guangzhou that the sons case was opted in and to get his GZO number. (I got it today.)

I thought I had read that the visa applicant (your son) would get the DS-3032 and would either need to attach it as an email to the NVC or can write an email formatted correctly making the USC the agent.

But then you said you sent "his scanned and attached DS-3032". So can you explain the details of who got the DS-3032 and if they scanned and sent to you or you filled it out and sent.

This is for anyone soon behind our case, anyone preparing to file a CR-1 I-130, and to my friend David who is right behind us in the waiting.

When my son got his P-2 from the USCIS......

1) It took 16 days for me to get a 6 page packet from the NVC. This packet contained a DS-3032 with sons name written on it as well it contained a sheet that has the invoice ID number and teh GUZ number

The very day I recieved the packet I paid the money online to pay for the AOS (Afficavit of Support form). AS well, I also sent an OPTIN e-mail to NVCElectronic@state.gov along with his scanned and attached DS-3032.

2) It took 4 days before the payment of $88 was marked paid on the payment website. YOu will need the coversheet from the payment site to send in futher evidence WHEN they call for it.

3) It took 15 working days for me to get the e-mail from Guangzhou that the sons case was opted in and to get his GZO number. (I got it today.)

I thought I had read that the visa applicant (your son) would get the DS-3032 and would either need to attach it as an email to the NVC or can write an email formatted correctly making the USC the agent.

But then you said you sent "his scanned and attached DS-3032". So can you explain the details of who got the DS-3032 and if they scanned and sent to you or you filled it out and sent.

David, I got a 6 page packet about 2/3 weeks after the P-2. IT had a barcoded DS-3032 with son's naqme on it. IT was explained that due to the mail in CHina being iffy they sent me a copy of what he was to get (To date he has never gotten anything).

I scanned and e-mailed it to lil' rabbit who had son sign it and I filled out the rest when I got it back and sent it in with my optin e-mail.

Now we have a GZO number for the son. I have paid both fees online and they read as PAID when you go to the website.

As of today I have sent in everthing I can think to send in or see on a list....to include...I-864, DS-230 part one and two, birth certificate, packet 3 supplement information, passport bio page, two passport photos, his mom's divorce decree, our marriage certificate, his mom's marriage agreement with it's showing mom as having custody, my divorce decrees, a white book from his father stating his ex wife has custody of their son and he gives permission for his son ot live in AMerica, my proof of SSDI and VA income, 3 years tax returns and transcripts, etc.

IN the 6 page packet I got is the AOS bill ID number. YOu need tht to sign in to pay your AOS, and IV bills.

Of HUGE importance is the DOcument COver Sheet you will download after you pay the AOS bill, and, again, after you pay the IV bill.

You MUST use it as a cover sheet for EVERY e-mail you send in with it's attached evidence. That, and your e-mails subject line is how they track everything. The subject line has to have the GZO number

IT took me 11 days from the time I sent in the OPTIN e-mail to get the GZO number and statement saying I was the son's agent.

IT took me two days to get the PAID sign from the IV bill, then in two days I sent in everything to finish the process for NVC. I can't think of anything else they could want, but I will wait now to see if everything is okay.

If everything is okay I will have to e-mail and call NVC to get them to hold the application as we HAVE to have his interview the same day as his mom....who still hasn't gotten her P-2.

Good luck to you David. I wrote up some more things up above as I did them....in a semi attempt to use as a guide.

My son has still gotten nothing and as far as I understand it, I have sent in everything.

tsap seui

Yes, I sent in the DS-3032 from my computer

My oh my....today is the 8 month mark since our priority date for my wife's case of 07/18/2010. This morning I sent off an e-mail to higher ups within the USCIS inquiring about our case, Monday I talked to a sencond level "officer" about our case, and this afternoon I got a letter from my COngressman's liason from last weeks (this is the 4th or 5th inquiry she has done for me) inquiry.

I seem to be such a busy lil' boy, inbetweeen inquirys I e-mailed in every shred of evidence I could to NVC for our son's case.

Check this out, on Monday I was told by the officer that our case was flipping around from California to Texas to California to Texas....lo and behold boyz and girlz...out case has made it to the VERMONT service center!!!!!!!

In 2006 Vermont was our service center when we had a K-1 application. Now, I see from the e-mailed responce from the California service center to my liason that our OLD case number EACXXXXXXXXXX is in the subject line of the e-mail and that is where our case is right now. In the body of the e-mail is listed our California case number which starts out with WAC...wow, is all I can say as I scratch my poor ol' hed.

I'm happy to see our case is in Vermont, back in 2006 Vermont approved us in 2 months and then again, when we were denied in Guangzhou they only took 3 days to reaffirm us. Vermont has always been a friend to us in the past.

Looks like our case is really making it's rounds. I'd laugh if I wasn't grinning so big.

tsap seui

My oh my....today is the 8 month mark since our priority date for my wife's case of 07/18/2010. This morning I sent off an e-mail to higher ups within the USCIS inquiring about our case, Monday I talked to a sencond level "officer" about our case, and this afternoon I got a letter from my COngressman's liason from last weeks (this is the 4th or 5th inquiry she has done for me) inquiry.

I seem to be such a busy lil' boy, inbetweeen inquirys I e-mailed in every shred of evidence I could to NVC for our son's case.

Check this out, on Monday I was told by the officer that our case was flipping around from California to Texas to California to Texas....lo and behold boyz and girlz...out case has made it to the VERMONT service center!!!!!!!

In 2006 Vermont was our service center when we had a K-1 application. Now, I see from the e-mailed responce from the California service center to my liason that our OLD case number EACXXXXXXXXXX is in the subject line of the e-mail and that is where our case is right now. In the body of the e-mail is listed our California case number which starts out with WAC...wow, is all I can say as I scratch my poor ol' hed.

I'm happy to see our case is in Vermont, back in 2006 Vermont approved us in 2 months and then again, when we were denied in Guangzhou they only took 3 days to reaffirm us. Vermont has always been a friend to us in the past.

Looks like our case is really making it's rounds. I'd laugh if I wasn't grinning so big.

tsap seui

Dang Bubba...tawk 'bout passing the buck! Time for an xtra large plug of redman chawin tobacce.

tsap seui

Dang Bubba...tawk 'bout passing the buck! Time for an xtra large plug of redman chawin tobacce.

Chaw of baccy? Hell, I needa swig o' shine, bubba!!!!

That number I asked you about? Heck, it was our old EAC number from Vermont back in 2006 on our K-1 case. They have sent the case to Vermont to check out what they had to say back in 2006, Lord God Billy Bawb!!!! Talk about a fine tooth comb.

Well good, Vermont was a good friend to us back then, I can't imagine anything negative coming out of Vermont. I wish they had sent our I-130 case to Vermont in the beginning, we'd have been P-2'd months ago.

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

tsap seui

Chaw of baccy? Hell, I needa swig o' shine, bubba!!!!

That number I asked you about? Heck, it was our old EAC number from Vermont back in 2006 on our K-1 case. They have sent the case to Vermont to check out what they had to say back in 2006, Lord God Billy Bawb!!!! Talk about a fine tooth comb.

Well good, Vermont was a good friend to us back then, I can't imagine anything negative coming out of Vermont. I wish they had sent our I-130 case to Vermont in the beginning, we'd have been P-2'd months ago.

tsap seui

Seein as you don't drink then I'll take a swig-o-shine fer ya when I git upta the hills this weekend. Also a couple of prayers fer ya too. When you git that P2 then there will never be anyone that is more deserving than you bubba!! That comb must be finer than a teeth brush.

Edited by chilton747 (see edit history)

Seein as you don't drink then I'll take a swig-o-shine fer ya when I git upta the hills this weekend. Also a couple of prayers fer ya too. When you git that P2 then there will never be anyone that is more deserving than you bubba!! That comb must be finer than a teeth brush.

Shucks, Red NEck, yawl knows I ain't more deservin' than you or the next guy. I do thankee for the prayers and for takin' those swigs of shine for me so I kin keep my soon to be 26 years of so-briety.

tsap seui

tsap seuy

tsap patooey

tsap wood

tsap tsap

Shucks, Red NEck, yawl knows I ain't more deservin' than you or the next guy. I do thankee for the prayers and for takin' those swigs of shine for me so I kin keep my soon to be 26 years of so-briety.

tsap seui

tsap seuy

tsap patooey

tsap wood

tsap tsap

Use fergot tsap liver.

tsap seui

sorry to budge in uncle Tsap.

What was the reason for the delay in your rabbit's NOA2 ? Is it name check /security clearance ?

You guys were approved for K1 before ? Didn't they do name check / security before ( G325A )?

edit: fix quotes

Edited by david_dawei (see edit history)

tsap seui

What was the reason for the delay in your rabbit's NOA2 ? Is it name check /security clearance ?

You guys were approved for K1 before ? Didn't they do name check / security before ( G325A )?

Cuzin' Bullmastiff, you ask the same question I ask....my wife was approved twice by the Vermont USCIS service center back in 2006 for her initial K-1, and 2009 when her denied K-1 was quickly reaffirmed by Vermont.

Unfortunately, this time her case went to California and then Texas, now Vermont.

I seriously doubt there is anything wrong with our case, it's just the misfortune that it didn't get sent to Vermont to begin with, and the fact that the USCIS computers don't seem to be hooked up to each other. Add in the fact that nothing was done for months with our files and you quickly add up to an eight month waiting period.

Hopefully now we can soon get my wife's P-2 and I can easily and quickly send in all of the NVC material.

I've already sent in everything for our son's NVC requirements.

I can't wait to finish my wife's NVC journey and get the e-mail that her case has moved to the consulate and an interview date. I will be on the next plane out of here and once again in her arms....man, I miss that woman.

tsap seui

Edit: Fix quotes

Edited by david_dawei (see edit history)

tsap seui

Cuzin' Bullmastiff, you ask the same question I ask....my wife was approved twice by the Vermont USCIS service center back in 2006 for her initial K-1, and 2009 when her denied K-1 was quickly reaffirmed by Vermont.

Unfortunately, this time her case went to California and then Texas, now Vermont.

I seriously doubt there is anything wrong with our case, it's just the misfortune that it didn't get sent to Vermont to begin with, and the fact that the USCIS computers don't seem to be hooked up to each other. Add in the fact that nothing was done for months with our files and you quickly add up to an eight month waiting period.

Hopefully now we can soon get my wife's P-2 and I can easily and quickly send in all of the NVC material.

I've already sent in everything for our son's NVC requirements.

I can't wait to finish my wife's NVC journey and get the e-mail that her case has moved to the consulate and an interview date. I will be on the next plane out of here and once again in her arms....man, I miss that woman.

tsap seui

Edit: Fix quotes

Uncle Tsap Tsap ;

My feeling is your file is being reviewed again in Vermont before final approval is sent . Consider this as a good thing rather than later GZ gives you another blue or white slip and then you are stuck for another 2 years.

I always believe that whatever problem there is , it is better be addressed here in the good old USA than in Chinertucky .

Do you agree uncle Tsap Tsap ?

Hope once this is through , the three of you will be united as one household.

By the way, have you considered living in China or half and half and teaching red neck English ?

I live deep in the South and my wife is a red neck Chinese ( from deep country in Sichuan ). Told my red neck assistant that she 's going to teach my wife red neck English .