rates for airfare to China this summer

I suspect that FlyChina is a block buyer. they have great prices as long as they have unbooked tickets on the day you want to fly-----but have relatively little bulk booking power ---Like Expedia Travelocity etc... So the big guys they can well underbid them--- apples to apples... I check FlyChina first (along with a few other little guys) .... then go to the others...

"...Yessir, when I fly, I like to be in the air, not on the ground waiting to fly. Them ol' airports all look the same to me....yawn...."

Well now, Tsap----Narita may LOOK the same to u'all---but don't worry 'bout that boredom thang ---- Narita now features them built-in wake up calls! (aftershocks 3.8--6.2 every 20 minutes or so..)

This is my third trip that I have used FlyChina.com for flight information. They give list of many airlines, and different routes. After alot of searching, I found the cheapest, and less wait times, comes out for me is to book one leg of my flight with Delta, and book the second leg of the trip with FlyChina.com, China Eastern airline. To book the trip on one ticket would have been $1800, but to book 2 seperate bookings, $1400, for the same flights.

The cost of flights has escalated due to the price of fuel.

In addition, the airlines raise their prices May 15th through the end of the summer because the demand for tickets is higher during this period.

If you check the same flights for April or October the prices will be significantly lower.

Ken

I paid $1173 with United for flying from Columbia , SC to Beijing via Chicago this month. Then, I used elong.com to buy domestic ticket to Chengdu ( another $250 for round trip ). Sometimes, it's worth it to buy the domestic separately. I like United because I got automatic upgrade to premium economy to accomodate my big American bod . I used to get upgraded to business class caused of my gold status. No more ! Demand is too high nowdays.