Good deals flying to Asia

American airlines has lower prices for trips to Asia. I hope this might help someone.

Ameican Airlines

http://www.aa.com/netsaaver/viewNetSAAverSpecialsDetails.do?fN=Asia.Sale.xml&locale=en_US&saleId=23

As low as $299 to Shanghai! (PVG) that's cool, a lot of good connections out of PVG to places like Guilin.

Yes I agree that it is a good price.I just booked my flight three days ago there. MSP to PVG for 673RT. Was best price I had found anywhere on the net.What is nice also, you can hold the price you find for up to 24 hours before purchasing.Gave me time to search for connections in China.

Are these short time prices when they are not busy or are these prices for reservations round trip for three months going and coming

Need to book by tomorrow (Feb 18) and trip needs to happen between Mar 31 and Apr 30

Are these short time prices when they are not busy or are these prices for reservations round trip for three months going and coming

what are the connections and times

Not going to do all the homework for you, click the link above and check it out.

PVG has lots of domestics going all over China. In the past I have flown United into PVG, their flights from Chicago and Newark land at 2:50, and 2:55PM in Shanghai leaving plenty of time for connections.

AA flight 289 leaves ORD (Chicago) 10:40AM, Arrives (PVG) Shanghai 2:05PM

A sample RT ORD PVG April 1 -- April 19

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad334/dnoblett/Misc%20Junk%20for%20posting/Screenshot2011-02-17at75419PM.png

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

I agree with Dan about the arrival times, many more options. I get in at 3:05pm and have enough time to catch the late flight to Guilin.Something I could never do when flying Northwest/Delta to Shanghai via Minneapolis.Much nicer than overnight at Shanghai altho I always stayed next to Pudong airport about a mile away at Jinan hotel.

I am not sure how long they will keep up the lower prices, but sure was a nice surprise to see booking at the main airline sight lower than the discount fare offerings.