LOL, That would be fun! I only came close to 1 problem and that was avoided by my MM, in fact it was on the same street where your wife works we came out of the sports plaza there an started to walk up the street and some guy came out of the shadows up the road a bit, she stopped an said lets go the other way I was like why then she says "Drugger" :D Now the only thing a pick pocket will get from me is lint I give my wallet, Money, Passport everything all to her to carry in her over the shoulder garage.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marty,

Chongqing McD was the only place in China that I personally ever saw any thievery.

We were sitting (down stairs) in the McD. There were 5 or 6 women in a deep conversation. A guy sat down beside them, as if to eat. He suddenly grabbed a purse and ran. McDonalds security guy just looked kind of stunned. Ladies leap up, hit security guard with purse, run upstairs and give chase to purse-snatcher.

Somebody trips him up down the street. Ladies kick the $hit out of him till cops get there.

Wife says time to go before they start looking for wits, and we're here all day. We leave.

By the way, if you do take the boat from CQ to Shanghai, give yourself 5 to 11 days.

Dean

Somebody trips him up down the street.  Ladies kick the $hit out of him till cops get there.

Wife says time to go before they start looking for wits, and we're here all day. We leave.

By the way, if you do take the boat from CQ to Shanghai, give yourself 5 to 11 days.

Dean

Hi Dean,

I do so love happy endings. I hope the cops were real slow getting there.

I thought the river trip would be longer than 5 days. 11 would be nice.

Have you taken the trip? I saw a few of the boats when we did the little boat ride, that lasts about two hours, around the tip of the penninsula. I was not impressed with the level of maitainence. I saw a lot of rust. ;)

Marty,

We actually (rather she) have a small hotel down river, 3 to 4 hours trip.

I just like alot of variety so will sometimes go by boat. Depends on the weather. Sometimes a ride down the river with my feet up on the rail and a good book in hand is just what the doctor ordered.

I have not had time to spend the 11 days, but from what I've seen, it can be quite luxurious. I'm usually on more of the rust buckets.

Other times, I go by bus or taxi. The train track to Changshou should be finished fairly soon, giving yet another option.

Dean

Dean,

You make it sound wonderful. Thanks.

We will wait until the visa is in hand and do the trip as a going away/Farewell Chong Qing thing.

When we go back it will be to visit brother in Bei Jing and the rest of the family in Jiang Jin, which is beautiful by the way. Very clean with a riverside park that is well manicured.

• 4 months later...
Guest Gene

My Wife was born and raised in Chongqing, but has lived in Nanning for the last 18 years. Most of her family lives there and she cooks HOT food, I can't get enough. Does this count? :)

When Jennifer and I were in Chong Qing we have about 20o pictures, if anyone would like to see them just E-mail us and we will give you the information to look at them. I tried to set up a web site on GEO Cities, but they wanted me to download a new version of Java. We had some pretty bad times with our last computer downloading things, so we are going to keep this one just the way it is.

Do any of you guys live near Virginia? :wacko:

:o :D :lol: :lol: :)

You know that place on the East Coast near North Carolina, please dont ask me who North Carolina is! :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

Did you like or see anything in the pictures that you remember about Chong Qing? I loved going to the malls there, it was the first time I have ever seen a mall that has 5 or 6 floors on it. I think the only thing that I didnt like about Chong Qing was the dust, it was everywhere! I did love the mountains but hated something called "Spring Water Chicken" I guess you know what I am talking about. I love the Hot Pots, and the room tempture beer, but not the Rice Wine, WOW! that is some strong stuff.

I dont know if she has a sister or not? ;) :unsure: <_<

Hi  Lenjia,

I also have about 400 photos from CQ and you can see many of them on my family web site. Just click the link in my signature below.  Sorry I haven't updated in a while with more photos.

Marty, my wife does have a sister and 2 very beautiful friends looking. :lol:

Bryan

Those are some pretty good pictures, are some of them missing, I got a few red "X" in there? If you would like to see our pictures, just E-mail and I will set you up with the information.

What part of Chong Qing did you live in? Some of the pictures look like I have been there before.