Hello everybody, I'm new here. I think this is a great site with a wealth of resources and information. I look forward to becoming a contributing member! I guess I'm not as far along as most of you (I'm still trapped in NSC hell), but I'm trying to learn as much information as possible along the way (to marital bliss, ha!), plus I've been to China once before and I'm going there again next month (to see my honey-bunny of course), and I talk to her on the phone for at least 2 hours everyday, so I know a few things too :( Anyway, I'm glad to have found this site. Talk to you later everybody!

-Jim

Welcome Jim,

You will find a number of friends on the Candle, including several from the Portland area. I bumped up an earlier discussion topic. I believe several of the members from Portland have gotten together before.

Wow,

Another "newbie". I just hope your wait is shorter than mine has been. Nebraska is a frustrating place to send your application.... But, at least they are consistant..... Just wait 5-6 months and your application will be "approved".... Then it bounces to NVC and finally to China.... Unfortunately these steps can seem very random at times.

Best of Luck,

Clifford

Welcome aboard! I haunted quite a few different boards before I finally landed here. There are some great and knowledgable people here. You wouldn't believe the things I've been through for the past year. I'd definately recommend checking out the FAQ thread that's somewhere around here.. There's some really useful stuff in there.

As a quick suggestion: you might want to start keeping a lot of your communications with the DoS, the INS, and your consulate. There've been a few times where the 'official' I was speaking with told me I was wrong until I quoted names, dates, and times, suddenly their tone changed.

Welcome Jim

You will find friends here. As Clifford pointed out there are many of us from the Portland area here. Myself included. I am hoping that Bing will be here in 3 - 5 months then I hope to coax my fellow Oregonians into another get together. The last one we had 14 people and it was a lot of fun. Very interesting to watch the wives make new friends.

Before you are done I guarantee you will be wishing you were from Portland ME, not OR. Being in OR you have to send your I-129 to Nebraska, instead of Vermont. Which happens to be the best and fastest center to deal with.

Welcome to our group, congratulations on your engagement, and I wish you a speedy process, if at all possible.

Welcome, Jim

Hang on for the ride of your life!

It's kind of like army boot camp - your glad you did it, but if you knew what you were getting into you'd never do it again.

Dean and Lannie

Dean...

You talkin' about Jim getting into the visa process or becoming a member of CFL? Both apply if you think about it.

Jim -- welcome to CFL. If you have any questions about prenup agreements, Don and others will be more than happy to answer all your questions (it's boot camp, baby....boot camp).

Dave

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/waffen/violent-smiley-090.gif

Nebraska is a frustrating place to send your application....  But, at least they are consistant.....  Just wait 5-6 months and your application will be "approved"....  Then it bounces to NVC and finally to China....

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I need it for here in Portland now, it's 12F and 30 mph winds and freezing rain on top of snow, brrrr. I told my sweetie that and we joked that if she were here now, she'd want to open up a window to let some fresh air in!

Clifford - I really hope my initial paperwork clears NSC in 6 months, but I think that's a little ahead of the curve for NSC, I wouldn't be shocked if it took 8 months :P Hopefully the NVC/GZ end of the ordeal will take around 4 months ... we are giving oursevles about 1 full year to collect all the silly little rummer stamps this whole process requires in order for us to finally be together forever. Yeah, I wish I lived in Portland, ME ... can't decide if I love the VSC or hate the VSC :D

Actually Jim NSC has picked up speed since they finished processing the congressionally mandated asylum cases in Oct. At one point they were down to about 145 days but the last time I checked they were around 160. Still a lot better than the 187 days mine took. I followed this closely and over the last 8 months very few cases took more than 200. Check out the NSC Search Group & Processing Status Reports section of the family advocacy group for the latest update on what dates they are processing in.

http://pub99.ezboard.com/bk1advocacygroup It is a long and frustrating wait. The folks here at candle will educate you and help you through it. I think I would have gone nuts without the support I have received here.

Carl