If I kick the bucket....

tsap seui

Okay, does anyone know for sure how SS and the VA work, IF, you die and your wife is a current and legal 10 year green card holder. Will she be able to collect your bene's without being a USC?

tsap seui

Yes, I think we have to have been married for 10 years before I kicked the ol' slop bucket, and that is for either one of the benes.

My main question was they don't HAVE to be USC's, permanent residence and living in America is good enough? I thought that was so, just asking.

I can call SS tomorrow just before 7pm and ask them, and I'll ask on a vet website about the VA bene's and permanent residence spouses.

Yep Don, a friend could send lil' rabbit my bene's if she chose to splitsville from Uncle Samville, ya dig?

Cuzin' "Smarty da pants" make that 8 more years, as of March 5th...time is flyin' right along. We must be having a ton of fun.

tsap seui

Practicin' my Maynard G. Krebbs routine

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

The survivor age thing is 60 unless disabled, then it's 50. Qualification is 10 years (40 quarters) of wages although the spouse's wages count. So even if the survivor never works they can still qualify.

IF the wage earner worked within the last 1 1/2 before kicking the bucket, the survivor is qualified.

To get survivor benefits under the normal age, the croakee needs to had a kid under 19 either natural or adopted. The kid gets survivor benefits and the mother taking care of them also gets benefits regardless of age.

This crap is situational and case-by-case.

As far as getting money out of the depository bank, just do it by interweb banking.

Thanks much, Don. I understand it's complicated and the formulas are crazy. And yes, your idea on her getting the money could simply be through interweb banking.

I know my ex wife's first husband died and although he was married to another woman she was b 58 years old at his death and my ex wife was 61, my ex got his SS, and soon his wife will get his SS ALSO!!! Crazy stuff eh? My ex certainly deserved his SS, the guy used to beat the crap out of her.

The main thing here is that our wives don't HAVE to be USC's to get our croakee loot. I like that. I don't want my wife to lose her Chinese passport.

tsap seui

Don't die, Tsap.

Not for a long time buddy....I've got too much to live and laugh for.

Besides, lil' rabbit would KILL me if'n I died before we had the chance to grow old together.

I trust things are well with you and the lil' missus. Good to see ya postin'. Y'all come back now, ya heah?

tsap seui

The main thing here is that our wives don't HAVE to be USC's to get our croakee loot. I like that. I don't want my wife to lose her Chinese passport.

Now ya done it.

I know that a green card holder can get Soc money, but don't have a clue what would happen if the survivor let their status lapse. Ya know, go back to China and not renew her card when it expires. And to keep their card, they need to spend a certain amount of time in the US to maintain residence. So many details to keep track of.

Yikes!!! This is gettin' WAY too complicated. Imma jes gonna hav'ta stay alive a long time. Ah REAL long, and funny time with the lil' bunny. She's got miles to spin in her terlet seat, before I sleep. Miles to spin, before I sleep.

tsap seui

Now looky here cuzin' tsapper, don't go roun tawkin bout kickin' no buckitt! You iz way too yung n' purty tuh even be a-thainkin' likat rite air. Nawsireebob, you ain't nowhars clost tuh be pushin up no daisees, not nowhars even clost. If'n emair little fellers whut usta run aroun in thuh jungle in emair black pee-jammers couldn't shoot yer asst out'n thuh sky, at ritair meens you'ns iz gonna be roun cheer so long you jus mite git tired of yerowndamnself - hell, shit far and save matches.......In the words of that sage prophet, Tom the "retard" in

Stephen King's "The Stand," "M-o-o-n - that spells Live Long and Prosper." Wait uh minnit, I thaink I got muh shows mixed up a mite.......

Now looky here cuzin' tsapper, don't go roun tawkin bout kickin' no buckitt! You iz way too yung n' purty tuh even be a-thainkin' likat rite air. Nawsireebob, you ain't nowhars clost tuh be pushin up no daisees, not nowhars even clost. If'n emair little fellers whut usta run aroun in thuh jungle in emair black pee-jammers couldn't shoot yer asst out'n thuh sky, at ritair meens you'ns iz gonna be roun cheer so long you jus mite git tired of yerowndamnself - hell, shit far and save matches.......In the words of that sage prophet, Tom the "retard" in

Stephen King's "The Stand," "M-o-o-n - that spells Live Long and Prosper." Wait uh minnit, I thaink I got muh shows mixed up a mite.......

cuzin' Mick, ah's gonna live a long more time. Like you done said, a bunch ah guys in black pee-jammers and a whole bunch more in green unerforms with red stars on their dadgum pith helmets shootin' at me...all missed my sorry butt....dis here cat on a hot tin roof has got hisself many more dayz....so do you my friend and cuzin',

After all we got us'in sum fine Chinertuckian wimmins to be lookin' after.

I had to axe that there question though....call it a "pre-flight"....of sorts.

I think about you and hope yawl is okay. I seems to be okay and got no cornplaints.

tsap seui

Don't die, Tsap.

Not for a long time buddy....I've got too much to live and laugh for.

Besides, lil' rabbit would KILL me if'n I died before we had the chance to grow old together.

I trust things are well with you and the lil' missus. Good to see ya postin'. Y'all come back now, ya heah?

tsap seui

I know it's not time to kick it just yet, but there's nothing wrong with giving it a test run for a week or two.

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)

I done growed tooo old to die young. I survided growing up in the hills, falling off bridges, mountains, killed alot of vehicles, got hit on my cycle, all the fun stuff we done back then.

I will probably die walking to the mail box to get my check, like my Uncle did, he was 103.

Ifs I don't go that way, I will probably just wake up dead some morning.

we all know what the lil rabbit would say "no talk about this"

Buddy, you've got that RIGHT!!! I may be stoopid, but I ain't dumb. Great googly moogly, if I asked her that question, the only responce I would be likely to hear would sound like KABONK

That would be the sound of her mop smackin' the side of my poor ol' hed. I figger I'd wake up a couple of hours later, and forget what I had axed that caused me to wake up on the kitchen floor. End of conversation, on that subject.

tsap seui