Atlanta area shut down

NewDay2006

Atlanta is closed today, no airport, schools are closed, I even got a call from work at about 5:45am... we are closed. Being from NYC, a storm of the size that is now hitting us, would not shut down the city. Then again NYC uses public transportation primarily. I beleive it was a lttle less that 2 feet of snow that shut down NYC a couple of weeks ago.

My wife is supposed to work at Wal-mart tonight... I keep teling her she won't go, she wants to go just the same she has only missed 1 day in almost 2 years... I may have to tie her up or hide her car keys ... I don't know what it will be like tomorrow, we maybe shutdown tomorro also.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've been pretty lucky up cheer in the mountains of Pennsertucky. Not muck of anything on the ground. Supposed to get a couple of inches tomorrow.

Good luck to yawl down souff. I know how it sucks when you get some rare biggy comin' through and the infastructure ain't prepared for stuff like that...cause all the trucks and salt is up norff.

I hope everyone bought plenty of the four essientials that folks up cheer seem to think is most important when a big blow is comin' in...

1. Bread

2. Milk

3. Eggs

4. Terlet paper...many rolls of it

When I was a younger kid (than now) it used to amaze me, as I worked in a small grocery store, as to what the message was in those 4 essientials...

When it snows, we need lots of breakfast food packed away, and we know that we will be poopin' every half hour.

tsap seui

Been there done that back in the late 90's, saw the aftermath of slight snow storm on the beltway around Atlanta, people just don't understand when it snows, slow down a bit, leave yourself more room, take it easy on the controls.

Some need to try driving across North Dakota in the winter, up there they do not salt the roads, it is all hard packed ICE.

We've been pretty lucky up cheer in the mountains of Pennsertucky. Not muck of anything on the ground. Supposed to get a couple of inches tomorrow.

Good luck to yawl down souff. I know how it sucks when you get some rare biggy comin' through and the infastructure ain't prepared for stuff like that...cause all the trucks and salt is up norff.

I hope everyone bought plenty of the four essientials that folks up cheer seem to think is most important when a big blow is comin' in...

1. Bread

2. Milk

3. Eggs

When I was a younger kid (than now) it used to amaze me, as I worked in a small grocery store, as to what the message was in those 4 essientials...

When it snows, we need lots of breakfast food packed away, and we know that we will be poopin' every half hour.

tsap seui

Mine and Jane's essentials is noodles and firewood. Yesterday we went to China town and loaded up on noodles and I've been cutting firewood non-stop ever since it started getting cold here. Don't know if'n you know this cuzzin tsap but one needs no terlet paper if'n one eats noodles everyday. B) Man that Jane shore knows how to pinch a loaf penny.

Atlanta is closed today, no airport, schools are closed, I even got a call from work at about 5:45am... we are closed. Being from NYC, a storm of the size that is now hitting us, would not shut down the city. Then again NYC uses public transportation primarily. I beleive it was a lttle less that 2 feet of snow that shut down NYC a couple of weeks ago.

My wife is supposed to work at Wal-mart tonight... I keep teling her she won't go, she wants to go just the same she has only missed 1 day in almost 2 years... I may have to tie her up or hide her car keys ... I don't know what it will be like tomorrow, we maybe shutdown tomorro also.

Awhile back I put in for a vacation day for this date and I got turned down. Looks like I got it afterall.

WSB radio said you guys in Buford got 8 inches. Is that true?

1. Bread

2. Milk

3. Eggs

tsap seui

Mine and Jane's essentials is noodles and firewood. Yesterday we went to China town and loaded up on noodles and I've been cutting firewood non-stop ever since it started getting cold here. Don't know if'n you know this cuzzin tsap but one needs no terlet paper if'n one eats noodles everyday. B) Man that Jane shore knows how to pinch a loaf penny.

I agree cuzin' Chawls, dat dare Jane shore knows how to pinch a "clean" loaf. And she's cleaned up yore act too.

tsap seui

We're in the middle of a 6-8" snowfall, here in KC. Fun fun fun!

We're in the middle of a 6-8" snowfall, here in KC. Fun fun fun!

Yep, I got up this morning and thought a new ICE-Age started, COLD! No snow though!

Last time I heard the airport this quiet was right after 9/11. Absolutely nothing flying today that I can hear.

You live near the airport? I lived in Hapeville for 6 years in the late '90s.

Here in Bamatucky the roads got clear enough for a little while for a quick trip to the Winn Dixie, but they are officially closed again now. Supposed to freeze up completely overnight. Lucky I got plenty of food and GAS HEAT. We still got our power, but I'm not going to freeze even if it goes out.

Last time I heard the airport this quiet was right after 9/11. Absolutely nothing flying today that I can hear.

You live near the airport? I lived in Hapeville for 6 years in the late '90s.

Here in Bamatucky the roads got clear enough for a little while for a quick trip to the Winn Dixie, but they are officially closed again now. Supposed to freeze up completely overnight. Lucky I got plenty of food and GAS HEAT. We still got our power, but I'm not going to freeze even if it goes out.

Wow I grew up in Hapeville. I now live right on the airport approach in unincorporated Fulton County. Perhaps you know of Camp Creek parkway.

Here we heat only with wood. Wife won't let me use electric heat.

I don't even know what this thread is about Chawls....I just surfed it and saw your avatar again....that sonuvabitch is one of the funniest photos and captions I have ever seen. It jes cracks me up in a big way....the look on that guys face. Even if Jane calls you smart one day, please don't ever change it, or at least give it to me....that dang thang is FUN-NIE. I howl with laughter when I sees it.

tsap stoopid seui