NVC Optin question

NVC received our case Jan 3rd. I have the 3032 form all set, signed by the wife and in pdf format.

I have read the wiki guides on VJ and the information here and still not clear on one point.

When I send the OPTIN email do I attached the 3032 form or do I have to wait for them to send the 3032 Packet?

Edited by Scott@Hong (see edit history)

You attach it to the OPTIN email.

4. Complete a Choice of Address and Agent form DS-3032.
  • Fill in the form online, save it on your computer as a PDF file, and then attach the completed DS-3032 to the e-mail message before you send it.

http://travel.state..../visa_4410.html

Is in the first quote box in the Optin Thread: http://candleforlove...showtopic=37703

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

You attach it to the OPTIN email.

4. Complete a Choice of Address and Agent form DS-3032.
  • Fill in the form online, save it on your computer as a PDF file, and then attach the completed DS-3032 to the e-mail message before you send it.

http://travel.state..../visa_4410.html

Is in the first quote box in the Optin Thread: http://candleforlove...showtopic=37703

Okay, now I'm in left field.

I thought I read that the 3032 had to be signed and sent in from the Chinese' wife's computer.

I've got a few of them here with me that lil' rabbit signed, as well as some that our son signed. I thought I read that I can't date them, scan them, and send them in myself, that she had to.

wassup? I thought early on in the online process the American could send in the 3032, then I read that it got changed and now the wife had to e-mail it in.

Nothing stopping spouse from doing a DS-3032 mailing it to spouse in USA where spouse in USA scans it and emails to NVC when opting in.

Nothing stopping spouse from doing a DS-3032 mailing it to spouse in USA where spouse in USA scans it and emails to NVC when opting in.

Thanks for clearing that up Dan. So I can send it in. That's great. I had been sitting on their signed 3032's since early April of 2010, just need to date them and scan them in.

I was told there was a barcode that I had to wait to get on the 3032's that the NVC sends out, and that futhermore the 3032 had to come from the wife in China.

tsap seui

Thanks for clearing that up Dan. So I can send it in. That's great. I had been sitting on their signed 3032's since early April of 2010, just need to date them and scan them in.

I was told there was a barcode that I had to wait to get on the 3032's that the NVC sends out, and that futhermore the 3032 had to come from the wife in China.

tsap seui

There WAS some confusion early on - i think they DID specify that the email come from the beneficiary at one point - until they realized they really couldn't tell the difference.

tsap seui

There WAS some confusion early on - i think they DID specify that the email come from the beneficiary at one point - until they realized they really couldn't tell the difference.

Thanks Randy. In the beginning of opt-in I saw the petitioner could send in the 3032, then just before I sent our s I saw folks saying the beneficary had to send it in...now it's changed again and I can send it in. Good.

tsap seui

I figure sometime in 2014 I'll get a P-2, have 5 or 6 more trips to China, if just not living there full time and telling all of them...kiss my grits yawl, Imma free man now, you are no longer a part of my bona fide relationship

tsap seui

You know, you can always get creative. We had the same issue when filing for my wife's parents.

Now a days you almost always have web access to your email.

So we signed up my wife's US email address for petitioner and my wife's China email address as beneficiary.

Amazingly, correspondence for the petitioner always came from the US email address and email from beneficiary always seem to come from China.

They either did not know that all the correspondence was scanned in at my work and all emails came from the same computer or did not care.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)