Pink Slip and S.S. Card Question

Sammy

My wife and I would like to thank everyone who helped us along the way. We are happy to report that the interview went well (1-2 minutes), we received a pink slip and picked up our visa at the post office two days later. We are now making a happy home together stateside.

I am just wondering about experiences obtaining a Social Security card. When we filled out our forms we chose to have one automatically given to us. Has anyone had any experience with this option? How long should I wait to receive a S.S. card?

Thanks again everyone. This site is a godsend.

Sincerely,

Sam

My wife and I would like to thank everyone who helped us along the way. We are happy to report that the interview went well (1-2 minutes), we received a pink slip and picked up our visa at the post office two days later. We are now making a happy home together stateside.

I am just wondering about experiences obtaining a Social Security card. When we filled out our forms we chose to have one automatically given to us. Has anyone had any experience with this option? How long should I wait to receive a S.S. card?

Thanks again everyone. This site is a godsend.

Sincerely,

Sam

I think you will find it is a hit or miss situation. Some have received the card going the automatic form route in a short period

of time and others waited and waited and finally just went to the social security office and applied for it there.

Give it 2 weeks after entry to the USA then apply for a replacement at the SSA office. It can take that long for DHS to update system used by SSA to confirm immigration status.