Blue Slip

I'm getting all my ducks in a row and about to resubmit more documents to Guangzhou. Items listed on the blue slip.

I was told by my wife that having my name on the house loan and title is bad for Guangzhou. My ex-wife took over the house loan and tried to get the bank to take my name off the note and title but they wouldn't do it.

How do I solve this issue? It is stated in the divorce decree that she gets to take over the house and release me of any mortgage liability. Any info on this matter would be much appreciated.

I'm getting all my ducks in a row and about to resubmit more documents to Guangzhou. Items listed on the blue slip.

I was told by my wife that having my name on the house loan and title is bad for Guangzhou. My ex-wife took over the house loan and tried to get the bank to take my name off the note and title but they wouldn't do it.

How do I solve this issue? It is stated in the divorce decree that she gets to take over the house and release me of any mortgage liability. Any info on this matter would be much appreciated.

The only way to get off a mortgage is to refinance it or sell it. You are still financially obligated regardless of the divorce docs.

Why does GUZ need to see any mortgage docs? Did they ask for them?

yes, WTF does GUZ need to see your past mortgage for and why do they even know about it?

Someone is either giving them or telling them too much info or you are getting the wrong info.

Your lady's point may be that you are showing ties to your ex-wife with your name on the mortgage. My question might be; why does she realize this but you don't? (rhetorical).

What are you trying to give GUZ?

This is a new thread and at the sake of trying to research all your past posts, you can either explain what the Interview questions were, the blue slip items and what your thinking to provide... or I don't see responding again.

yes, WTF does GUZ need to see your past mortgage for and why do they even know about it?

Someone is either giving them or telling them too much info or you are getting the wrong info.

Your lady's point may be that you are showing ties to your ex-wife with your name on the mortgage. My question might be; why does she realize this but you don't? (rhetorical).

This is a new thread and at the sake of trying to research all your past posts, you can either explain what the Interview questions were, the blue slip items and what your thinking to provide... or I don't see responding again.

I don't get the impression that GUZ asked for the house mortgage documentation but rather that his wife suspects his name still being on the note along with his ex-wife, i.e. meaning they still legally own the property jointly, might be part of the reason for the blue slip.

I don't get the impression that GUZ asked for the house mortgage documentation but rather that his wife suspects his name still being on the note along with his ex-wife, i.e. meaning they still legally own the property jointly, might be part of the reason for the blue slip.

Actually in case of a divorce the court will file a Quit Claim Deed. This will confirm the ownership to one party and absolve the other from being able to make any claims against the property. So the property belongs strictly to his ex.

The bank does not care squat about ownership once it has a signed mortgage. It has a document which says, both parties are responsible to pay. The OP needs to push for the ex to refinance. The bank will never release one party from the mortgage. As Lee stated, the only way for one party to be removed from the mortgage is for the other party to refinance. This should have been pushed for as part of the divorce. It is also very possible the ex can not secure a refinance by herself. This means the OP may not get off the mortgage for some time. This happens all the time, so I would be surprised if GUZ would use this against the OP.

Actually in case of a divorce the court will file a Quit Claim Deed. This will confirm the ownership to one party and absolve the other from being able to make any claims against the property. So the property belongs strictly to his ex.

The bank does not care squat about ownership once it has a signed mortgage. It has a document which says, both parties are responsible to pay. The OP needs to push for the ex to refinance. The bank will never release one party from the mortgage. As Lee stated, the only way for one party to be removed from the mortgage is for the other party to refinance. This should have been pushed for as part of the divorce. It is also very possible the ex can not secure a refinance by herself. This means the OP may not get off the mortgage for some time. This happens all the time, so I would be surprised if GUZ would use this against the OP.

Not all states or courts file the Quit Claim Deed in a divorce case. The OP stated his wife told him it was bad from GUZ viewpoint that his name was still on the bank note and title. From this it would seem the quit claim has not been executed yet. This would be something I think GUZ might be interested in. However, as David said, without more information from the OP it is hatrd to detemine anything about the reason for his denial.

Edited by shenzhen (see edit history)