Weeks delay of visa after pink

Lee VD

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations! Now we are all looking forward to hearing about the Thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat. Complete with 8X10 color glossy photos with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining how it was to be used as evidence against us.

Hey Carl, you forgot about the "seeing eye dog" too......

Congrats! Something to give thanks for this thanksgiving day. Turkey or Peeking Duck?

Heh... I am going to teach her how to make an authentic turkey dinner! But last time my boys hardly touched the turkey and she said she only likes dark meat... me too... so she asked why we had to cook the WHOLE turkey? Lets just buy some legs and stuff... but I like the giblets too and with all the whole turkey sales might as well cook the whole thing I guess! Besides, theres nothing like the smell of the turkey cooking all morning while watching the parade!!

Had fun today booking our honeymoon in Hawaii in late march! In half an hour I have to call her to give her her final briefing on POE! She's been through SFO immigration a few times so no problemo but its her first connection by herself there. I won't be able to meet her down there this time.

Congrats! Something to give thanks for this thanksgiving day. Turkey or Peeking Duck?

Heh... I am going to teach her how to make an authentic turkey dinner! But last time my boys hardly touched the turkey and she said she only likes dark meat... me too... so she asked why we had to cook the WHOLE turkey? Lets just buy some legs and stuff... but I like the giblets too and with all the whole turkey sales might as well cook the whole thing I guess! Besides, theres nothing like the smell of the turkey cooking all morning while watching the parade!!

Had fun today booking our honeymoon in Hawaii in late march! In half an hour I have to call her to give her her final briefing on POE! She's been through SFO immigration a few times so no problemo but its her first connection by herself there. I won't be able to meet her down there this time.

No worrys about the POE, my wife traveled home and back last summer, needed no briefing at all.

Just tell her to follow the line she has always followed, just remember to carry the immigrations on to the plane, not in checked baggage.

Well at SFO there is a different line for immigrants over by the USC side so its a little tricky if you don't know. She should be able to be first in line since I have her in 2nd row of coach in Economy Plus and since she knows precisely to go to Lane 3 she should be good. OH, the packet was damaged in shipping and is slightly torn open ("like a mouse nibbled at it") but not enough for papers to be removed/replaced so I guess is ok. I just told her to explain it was torn in shipping. She did say she was able to see enough that the GNI-2 was at the top and the 2nd page was folded to the front which was the page she circled YES to the ineligibilities!! She was wondering if they are cueing the CBP officer to ask about them? I just told her to explain it was because at the time of the interview she had not completed the J1 HRR and because she was CCP, both issues have been cleared of course. Most important, just tell the TRUTH to any questions, but I explained this is not an interview, it shouldn't be 20 questions again.

She also needed to be told about the pulling of the bags and rechecking the bags. I also told her to expect a full search of her stuff since she is immigrating. I always get waved by but I see those Chinese with all the big bags being examined carefully!

She has a 2.5 hr layover so if the plane comes in on time and doesn't coincide with too many other flights she should make her connection. Unfortunately UA - Beijing and ANA - Tokyo and others come in at about the same time.

Congratulations!! I have been following your posts and I am truly glad that all of your turmoil is over (or is just beginning...muahahaha mop slaps, here they come!) This is a great finish to everything and while it was close, 48 hours?!, I am sure it will be such a blessing to be able to spend both Thanksgiving and Christmas together!! So super excited for you two, best wishes and I think this means Santa is skipping your house this year...you already got your present, and what a fine present indeed!!

Thank you so much! BTW, our honeymoon will be in Hawaii at the end of March. Since she may not have AP yet, we need to be in the U.S. and somewhere warm in the winter, seemed like a good choice! haha.. She's been to Honolulu for a day before but this time we will stay for about 9 days over 3 islands. I have been there before on a tour.

She successfully packed everything up and met all her social good byes and is on the plane now. POE in T minus 2 hours!!! She's got 2 hrs to make her connection, should be doable. Every time I came through SFO on that flight the immigrant line was empty... fingers crossed!

She has a 2.5 hr layover so if the plane comes in on time and doesn't coincide with too many other flights she should make her connection. Unfortunately UA - Beijing and ANA - Tokyo and others come in at about the same time.

Did you warn her about the TSA after she clears immigration?

Thank you so much! BTW, our honeymoon will be in Hawaii at the end of March. Since she may not have AP yet, we need to be in the U.S. and somewhere warm in the winter, seemed like a good choice! haha.. She's been to Honolulu for a day before but this time we will stay for about 9 days over 3 islands. I have been there before on a tour.

She successfully packed everything up and met all her social good byes and is on the plane now. POE in T minus 2 hours!!! She's got 2 hrs to make her connection, should be doable. Every time I came through SFO on that flight the immigrant line was empty... fingers crossed!

Is the Big Island one of the islands??? :D

Yup!

She successfully made it throgh POE and onto her connection and we are enjoying our new life together very much!

One note, she got in the immigrant line but then she was told to just get in line with all the other visitors. She thought maybe it was because she was K1 instead of K3 but then she remembered they didn't ask her that. The officer in the labelled immigrant line was processing USCs.

She was asked several of the standard interview questions to verify her relationship with me.

So glad the whole ordeal is finally over... it took a couple days to recover my sanity :)

Yup!

She successfully made it throgh POE and onto her connection and we are enjoying our new life together very much!

One note, she got in the immigrant line but then she was told to just get in line with all the other visitors. She thought maybe it was because she was K1 instead of K3 but then she remembered they didn't ask her that. The officer in the labelled immigrant line was processing USCs.

She was asked several of the standard interview questions to verify her relationship with me.

So glad the whole ordeal is finally over... it took a couple days to recover my sanity :)

Yep, K-Visas are technically considered NON-Resident visa like a visitor's visa.

Anyway, glad that ordeal is over.

• 2 weeks later...