Realtionship stats. give me your thoughts

My fiance and I have maintained a ongoing relationship for over 2 years, We are within 6 years of the same age, I am 43 she is 37, She has no children, I earn over 125% of the poverty level, I traveled to china and spent 5 weeks with her, I have never been convicted of any type of crime, Other then minor traffic violations, OOOOPs so what do you think of our case?

My fiance and I have maintained a ongoing relationship for over 2 years, We are within 6 years of the same age, I am 43 she is 37, She has no children, I earn over 125% of the poverty level, I traveled to china and spent 5 weeks with her, I have never been convicted of any type of crime, Other then minor traffic violations, OOOOPs so what do you think of our case?

Looks much like my wife and my case.

Any prior marriages?

Share common language?

In my case neither my wife or I were married before, my wife was an English teacher at a language school in China, so language was not a factor either.

First let me thank you for reply, OK as far as the language goes, I speak very weak chinese, But I am trying to learn, As for her english, She speaks it pretty well, I would say at a mid range, Sometimes things do get lost in translation, But we both know this and take our time, As far as far as my past marriages, I was married 1 time in the past to an american, That marriage lasted 16 years, And I have 2 children, 1 son, 1 daughter, Both over 18 and attending college on full scholarships.

First let me thank you for reply, OK as far as the language goes, I speak very weak chinese, But I am trying to learn, As for her english, She speaks it pretty well, I would say at a mid range, Sometimes things do get lost in translation, But we both know this and take our time, As far as far as my past marriages, I was married 1 time in the past to an american, That marriage lasted 16 years, And I have 2 children, 1 son, 1 daughter, Both over 18 and attending college on full scholarships.

I expect you will have no problem, but a single visit could be improved by another visit or two.

After you file, perhaps go visit again, and then go over to accompany her during the interview time.

My wife and I relationship, history, language etc. is similar to yours, and we had no problem at all.

The only other possible red flag would be if your fiance is from a "high risk" province. Certainly this is profiling, and obviously the Immigration unit has no issues with profiling.

Once someone did a survey here on the candle, and if I remember over 1/3 of the wives were from Naning area.

All should be OK if you can prove the length of relationship and communication ability.

Since you were married and divorced before, make sure you submit a CERTIFIED divorce decree with the initial filing.

For the GUZ interview I would suggest having another certified decree (with raised seal / stamp), a timeline of the divorce, an info sheet with your ex's name containing the last known address, phone #, DOB, SS# etc. We also had the initial divorce petition with the filing date as additional evidence. An EOR letter containing the relationship history and divorce timeline is also helpful with the initial submission. BTW, make sure your SO knows the EOR letter, reason for divorce, divorce info and children info exactly as this will probably be the majority of the interview questions when the time comes.

As Credzba said, add a couple of more trips if you can.

Good luck

Edited by rongnjohn (see edit history)

I expect you will have no problem, but a single visit could be improved by another visit or two.

After you file, perhaps go visit again, and then go over to accompany her during the interview time.

My Fiance is from the Guanxi province. City of Liuzhou

My wife and I relationship, history, language etc. is similar to yours, and we had no problem at all.

The only other possible red flag would be if your fiance is from a "high risk" province. Certainly this is profiling, and obviously the Immigration unit has no issues with profiling.

Once someone did a survey here on the candle, and if I remember over 1/3 of the wives were from Naning area.

I have seen this before!

My wife (Zhenghong) Are 9 years apart from each other.

She was married before in Chongqing and Divorce in 1998.

Zhenghong and i where married in Chongqing (China) in 2006

During the whole visa process this question never came up.

I'm also in the same boat as you.

Well above the 125% level.

Though during the interview in GZ they did take my tax info

but that was not a problem.

Even though we did get a BLUE SLIP!!

It was a easy overcome ( See our sig below)

Bottom line is every case is different.

Your case seams to be very basic and very simple.

Don't get me wrong!! Anything can happen?

GUZ is god!!!

Moral of this story is.

The paperwork is very easy! Just read it and reread it again.

Fill in the answers the best you can and summit it.

Only summit what they ask for nothing more/nothing less and you will be fine.

Your in good hands here at CFL.

Trust me and every other CFL member that has been down this road.

In the end, Life will be grand and the experience will have no words to express the adventure that you endured.

You'll be fine, Just hang in there.

Good luck and god speed.