I-129F evidence of relationship

Hello everyone I am brand new here, So please bear with me, Actually I received this web site from my fiance. Here is a little back ground information, I met my fiance in sept, of 2008 online, We maintained a relationship until I traveled to China to meet her in July, 2010, At that time we decided it was right for us to marry, I returned to the U.S. in Sept, 2010, I just filed her I129F petition, But we have several concerns, The first concern is #1 What is the correct amount evidence I need to gice USCIS? I provided them with a assortment of our e-mails, And a copy of my e-mail log, Both of my in box, and my sent messages, If I were to send them a copy of all of e-mails it would be hundreds of pages, If not thousands.

My fiance stated that maybe I should also send a copy of our chat records, But that would also be thousand of pages. But I did send them a copy of our phone records for the past 6 months, And like a said, our e-mail logs going back until Sept, 2008. I also sent them about a dozen pictures of us together in China, Along with pictures of us with her family members.

Now from what research I have done, It seems that it is important the length of our relationship, At just over 2 years, I feel this is good, My finance seems to think that the economic factor is most important, I make well over the 125% of U.S. poverty level, So I am not to concerned about that.

My fiance is not a expert in visa process, LOL, So we are just working our way thru this process with the help of friends who have been sucessful. And online research.

Should I provide all of my online chat reords to USCIS? Can I present them when she is interviewd? Can I send them on to USCIS to be included in my application? Or do I just have jitters and need not worry so much about this? I feel I sent enough evidence to prove a ongoing relationship over the last 2 years. What do you guys think?

Now, I would be grateful for any input on this subject. Thanks

Welcome to CFL!

Anyway, what you described is pretty much what I had sent to USCIS when we applied for a K-1.

Were you or your fiancee married before?

Welcome to CFL!

Anyway, what you described is pretty much what I had sent to USCIS when we applied for a K-1.

I was married before, for 16 years, she was also married before, for about 8 years, Her marriage produced no children, Mine produced 2 both over 18, both in college.

I looked at your time lines for visa, What is a I-129F noa1, noa2, What do you think our time line will be, And what can i expect to happen next? Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it.

P.S. My marriage was to a american, Hers was to a Chinese, If it makes any difference, We both have only 1 past marriage.

Welcome to CFL!

I was married before, for 16 years, she was also married before, for about 8 years, Her marriage produced no children, Mine produced 2 both over 18, both in college.

I looked at your time lines for visa, What is a I-129F noa1, noa2, What do you think our time line will be, And what can i expect to happen next? Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it.

P.S. My marriage was to a american, Hers was to a Chinese, If it makes any difference, We both have only 1 past marriage.

NOA1= first notice of action the receipt letter from USCIS.

NOA2 = Approval notice from USCIS.

In our case it was about 30 days which is not the norm, expect 2-4 months.

In cases of prior marriage a letter explaining what happened and where the EX is now and how your current relationship started whould have been recommended included in petition.

They may ask for this at interview. Is called EOR or evolution of relationship, on the board.

You will want to send some emails and chat logs. I sent in the print out from Outlook which showed the volume of emails we exchanged. Then I selected about 20 key ones throughout our relationship. It is important that they show the progression of your relationship, at what point you decided to marry and why the two of you feel you are a good match. Think about which 20 provide the most proof of a bonafide relationship.This is why including emails are important. They can help your case immensely.

Also, make sure to include photos of the two of you together, these should also show the two of you with family and friends. They don't need to be anything fancy. I printed mine out on plain paper six to a page. I sent in around 20 -30. Make sure to label and date them. I included photos from our engagement party.

Think of how to convince someone who has never met you, that the two of you are meant for each other and should not be kept apart. This is your second goal with this application. The VO will have this file in there hands at time of interview. Include anything you want the VO to be aware of during this time. There are many items they will not accept at interview time. This is when you get a blue slip and what you are trying to avoid. Don't leave them guessing. Include enough to help steer them in your favor.

So it looks like you did good in what you included. You can rest easy on this part.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

Welcome to CFL!

NOA1= first notice of action the receipt letter from USCIS.

NOA2 = Approval notice from USCIS.

In our case it was about 30 days which is not the norm, expect 2-4 months.

In cases of prior marriage a letter explaining what happened and where the EX is now and how your current relationship started whould have been recommended included in petition.

They may ask for this at interview. Is called EOR or evolution of relationship, on the board.

In the case of both our divorces, I provided USCIS with a copy of both our divorce agreements, Hers was translated into english and the english copy was notarized. so should this be enough for that?

You will want to send some emails and chat logs. I sent in the print out from Outlook which showed the volume of emails we exchanged. Then I selected about 20 key ones throughout our relationship. It is important that they show the progression of your relationship, at what point you decided to marry and why the two of you feel you are a good match. Think about which 20 provide the most proof of a bonafide relationship.This is why including emails are important. They can help your case immensely.

Also, make sure to include photos of the two of you together, these should also show the two of you with family and friends. They don't need to be anything fancy. I printed mine out on plain paper six to a page. I sent in around 20 -30. Make sure to label and date them. I included photos from our engagement party.

Think of how to convince someone who has never met you, that the two of you are meant for each other and should not be kept apart. This is your second goal with this application. The VO will have this file in there hands at time of interview. Include anything you want the VO to be aware of during this time. There are many items they will not accept at interview time. This is when you get a blue slip and what you are trying to avoid. Don't leave them guessing. Include enough to help steer them in your favor.

So it looks like you did good in what you included. You can rest easy on this part.

Ok, I sent in about 12 photos of us together in China, Along with pictures of me and her family, But I did not label or date them. OPPS

Hey everyone I have a question, Will I be able to submit more evidence as the visa process goes forward? Or will I have to wait until she has her interview? Thanks