Visa officers fired!

It has been a long time since I have been here but I've been a member of the Yahoo Asian-American group.

My Guiying was denied her K1 in August 2008 at the Guangzhou consulate. The vo said we didn't have a real relationship despite us having a huge volume of evidence. Afterwards, USCIS was going to review the case but our case was closed due to 'administrative reason'. (Our case had expired)

So! We applied again and this September (2010) I met Guiying AGAIN, this time in Guangzhou so I could bend some ears at the consulate. It took almost 45 minutes to explain to the embassy official about how Guiying was approached by a 'helpful person' outside the embassy who offered to 'check her paperwork' for completeness and accuracy the day before her interview on August 2008. Guiying was then approached by an 'attorney' the next day, one hour before her interview, and she was told he could guarantee her visa if she would pay a fee of $5000! She refused and went for her interview. At the 'interview' a vo known as 'mc' asked her one question, did NOT allow her to answer, did NOT look at the evidence, and told her she was going to be denied.

After she left the consulate, the same 'attorney' approached her and said he could still solve the problem and get her the visa if she would pay. When I told the embassy official about Guiying's denial in 2008 he turned off the recorder and told me 'off record' that they had just fired THREE (YES! I SAID THREE!!!) vo's for malfeasance and bribery. Yes, too late for us but it set me on fire to do something!

We are now waiting for USCIS to approve our new I129f. In the meantime, I have developed a friendship with one of my US Senators and I am collecting emails from others who have been cheated by dishonest and crooked vo's. If I can get enough legitimate cases, there very well could be a Congressional investigation about these matters.

I hope those of you who have doubts about the honesty of the consulate officers who have denied your visa(s), please send me your stories. I have already collected a good number but we need more. PLEASE do NOT send me email or posts simply stating you were denied. You must truly believe you were cheated or offered a visa for a price as we were offered. In the meantime, DO warn your significant other to NEVER EVER accept ANY offer from ANY 'helpful stranger' offering to go over your paperwork. ONLY DEAL WITH EMBASSY OFFICIALS *INSIDE* the embassy! DO NOT BECOME A VICTIM as happened to us! That was at Guangzhou. God only knows how prevalent and common are the crooks working at other consulates.

Edited by dnoblett
One long paragraph broke down for ease of reading. (see edit history)

It has been recommended to avoid The so-called visa services located on the first 2 floors of the building.

But yes if approached on the street by anyone promising to "get a visa" run-away and DO NOT give them any information like your name.

However there are a few helpful people that can help organize and prepare for the interview they do not promise anything, the apartment owner in the consulate building is one of them, he was extremely helpful with the pre-interview stuff like getting to medical center and organizing her paperwork and thoughts, for my wife. I think we tipped hm perhaps a couple hundred RMB for his advice.

... and in the meantime, my little town has been invaded with illegals and nobody is lifting a finger to do anything about it. Here's hoping those crooked and fired vo's have been deported, charged and imprisoned. (or at the very least having to find work on some manual labor road crew SURROUNDED by illegals!)

Edited by Michael&Guiying (see edit history)

And to think that I was assured that anything like this could not possibly happen by a member on this site. I am dumbfounded.

Do you have a link or links to this incident or did it come out of the senators office?

Larry

I got my info straight from a consulate official's mouth. His name was Jacob. A Korean-American, son of Korean immigrant parents. He was raised and educated in Utah before going to work for the government. I looked him straight in the eyes and told him not to deny the fact that there were crooked vo's working with outsiders. That's when he turned off the recorder and admitted they had just fired THREE vo's for malfeasance and accepting bribes. Perhaps I have misunderstood you? Exactly what do you mean when you said "And to think that I was assured that anything like this could not possibly happen by a member on this site."? Who assured 'what'????

Edited by Michael&Guiying (see edit history)

And to think that I was assured that anything like this could not possibly happen by a member on this site. I am dumbfounded.

Do you have a link or links to this incident or did it come out of the senators office?

Larry

I got my info straight from a consulate official's mouth. His name was Jacob. A Korean-American, son of Korean immigrant parents. He was raised and educated in Utah before going to work for the government. I looked him straight in the eyes and told him not to deny the fact that there were crooked vo's working with outsiders. That's when he turned off the recorder and admitted they had just fired THREE vo's for malfeasance and accepting bribes. Perhaps I have misunderstood you? Exactly what do you mean when you said "And to think that I was assured that anything like this could not possibly happen by a member on this site."? Who assured 'what'????

Kind of an old touchy subject with me at least. I entered into a subject about B2 and was told by a then member that these underhanded thing with VO's was impossible or was non existent more or less. He don't post any longer here but is still a member. Our full conversation was posted in part publicly and via PM's.

Larry

Larry

Kind of an old touchy subject with me at least. I entered into a subject about B2 and was told by a then member that these underhanded thing with VO's was impossible or was non existent more or less. He don't post any longer here but is still a member. Our full conversation was posted in part publicly and via PM's.

Larry

Anyone who says there are no crooked vo's at any embassy is one of two things;

1> At best, he/she is completely ignorant of the facts or

2> a total liar who can not be trusted about anything.

That member who told you vo's wouldn;t do anything underhanded is at least a fool if not worse.

BTW, I understand you being touchy about the subject. Imagine if you had a loved one as a victim.

Add this information to the files of the attorney collecting 'horror' stories. It makes the explantation for the denials so simple now.

I checked for messages here but I don't see any information from you.

(BTW, all the files I am collecting are going straight to my senator's office, not to some attorney seeking to make payments on his/her new BMW! LOL!)