Help guys, planning on fiancee/marraige visa

Hi

I am recent new member to this community. After reading some of the post, I felt this is the where I can relate myself to. I am stress out on my situation and was hoping to look for some advise from those of you who had similar experience. I am planning to bring my girlfriend over here to the US however I had previously petitioned my ex-wife who currently have a full status (Permenant Status). Knowing this can be red tag on my file, I am hoping to find a way to deal with this. I am really stress out as this girl is really THE ONE. My prior marriage was arranged by parent back when I was still in college. Pretty much I wasnt given any choice at the and we struggle through this entire 4 years of marriage. We were seperated on Sep 2009 and just recently divorced on July 2010. My girlfriend were introduced to me by my cousin in early Aug. We have been chatting everyday on QQ messenger since, spending over 3+ hours phone conversation daily through skype. I am planning my first vist for about 10 days sometimes next April and propose to her. Thus would like to know abuot timing for this petition, I recently heard that it is better to have 2 years gap after the first divorce. Please let me know if you can refer to a good attorney that deals with this matter or any advise. Thanks you so much for any of your informations. I am panic as I type, sorry if this isnt orangized.

FYI below is some of our profile

Race: I am a Chinese American, so I do speak the language fluently

Occupation: I am a Financial Consultant and She is Hospital Admin

Marriage: I currently divorced (1 prior marriage) she is single (never marry before)

Edited by sean_here (see edit history)

Hi Sean.

Welcome to CFL. And relax. Stress does no good.

Most people are better off petitioning on their own without a lawyer. But in my opinion, you have a classic case that needs a lawyer because of the following things:

1. Your previous petition

2. Recent divorce

3. You were introduced by your cousin

4. She is from Fujian Province, which tends to get more scrutinized by VO's

These 4 things make this case problematic in my opinion. I would highly recommend contacting one of the lawyers recommended on this board, Marc Ellis is a good one.

Again, no need to panic. Just do your research, get your ducks in a row and give it your best shot.

Edited by dnoblett
Link Added (see edit history)

Thanks guys! I will contact Marc Ellis.

Hi Sean.

Welcome to CFL. And relax. Stress does no good.

Most people are better off petitioning on their own without a lawyer. But in my opinion, you have a classic case that needs a lawyer because of the following things:

1. Your previous petition

2. Recent divorce

3. You were introduced by your cousin

4. She is from Fujian Province, which tends to get more scrutinized by VO's

These 4 things make this case problematic in my opinion. I would highly recommend contacting one of the lawyers recommended on this board, Marc Ellis is a good one.

Again, no need to panic. Just do your research, get your ducks in a row and give it your best shot.

Take your time to invest in this relationship . This is first and foremost . More than the immigration stuff.

You definitely would need a very experienced immigration lawyer . In essence , you have to convince the government that your 1st and soon to be 2nd marriage are not done solely for immigration purpose. It is easy for anyone who glances at your case to suspect a sham arrangement . If you are not, you need to address this up front by proving that it is not ???

The government doesn't care if your marriage is going to toilet or to heaven . By law, what matters is if your marriage is real or sham .

Thanks for replying.

I emailed Marc Ellis, waiting for the follow up. I understand the challenges ahead and will do what ever it takes to get my future wife here. I understand the timing for this, thus will be planning on filing not until maybe late 2011 or 2012. I agree about hiring an experienced attorney and hopefully guide me in the right direction. I am planning on visiting her twice a year. Or maybe even quit relocate myself back to China to marry her and start a family then move back with a child. Just anything that I can do at this moment...

Take your time to invest in this relationship . This is first and foremost . More than the immigration stuff.

You definitely would need a very experienced immigration lawyer . In essence , you have to convince the government that your 1st and soon to be 2nd marriage are not done solely for immigration purpose. It is easy for anyone who glances at your case to suspect a sham arrangement . If you are not, you need to address this up front by proving that it is not ???

The government doesn't care if your marriage is going to toilet or to heaven . By law, what matters is if your marriage is real or sham .