i just read of one mans petitioner interview?i do not recall seeing in that in any of visajourneys website. will i be interviewed in the united states? and if yes, where?

also, if i could pull off being in china when liu and her daughter go to the interview, how much will that help? i am running out of vazation time!thanks...todd

Sometimes they interview, and fingerprint petitioner if the petitioner has a criminal record, or has a violence against women conviction.

This would happen at the Field office for where you live.

Look it up by zip code here: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=LO

Yes petitioner can be called for interview in the USA before USCIS approves petition and sends on to NVC. There are a few red flags that pop up that can make this happen.

Its often debated if it helps or not for you to be there, basically you are there so she can show VO your passport. Moral support is also a big plus.

Im on the side that the petitioner should be there if at all possible.

Sometimes they interview, and fingerprint petitioner if the petitioner has a criminal record, or has a violence against women conviction.

Look it up by zip code here: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=LO

Criminal background or violence against women is ONE reason they can call you, there are many more. I was called, I was not fingerprinted, I have no criminal background, no violence.

The USCIS can require this interview for any petitioner for any reason they want.

Criminal background or violence against women is ONE reason they can call you, there are many more. I was called, I was not fingerprinted, I have no criminal background, no violence.

The USCIS can require this interview for any petitioner for any reason they want.

Of course, they can ! If one looks at the I-130 instruction sheet , it's written there that they have the option to call in the petitioner.

For AOS and immigrant visa interview in other countries than China, both the petitioner and the beneficiary must show up . This is actually good because it could have saved a lot of misunderstanding where cases being wrongly judged ! Maybe someday, they may do this in China .

Hopefully they will soon be able to interview Petitioner and Beneficiary together in Guangzhou, the recent Inspector General report says the new facility under contruction will have 112 interview windows and also the waiting area will be indoors, not outside like it is now.

The only issue I see once they finish the facility is staffing and/or coming up with a new excuse why they cannot do interviews together. They have used the excuse they don't have the space for so long.

Hopefully they will soon be able to interview Petitioner and Beneficiary together in Guangzhou, the recent Inspector General report says the new facility under contruction will have 112 interview windows and also the waiting area will be indoors, not outside like it is now.

The only issue I see once they finish the facility is staffing and/or coming up with a new excuse why they cannot do interviews together. They have used the excuse they don't have the space for so long.

Note: waiting area is indoors, just not on the consulate floor, you can wait on the floor below the consulate.

The actual Visa applicants have to line up outside in the morning regardless of weather at Guangzhou. People that are just there for moral support can wait inside many places. I think that is the part they will eliminate, is the lining up of the applicants outside every morning. The IO report bashed them pretty hard on the conditions currently and the impression it gives to people coming to Guangzhou consulate.

The actual Visa applicants have to line up outside in the morning regardless of weather at Guangzhou. People that are just there for moral support can wait inside many places. I think that is the part they will eliminate, is the lining up of the applicants outside every morning. The IO report bashed them pretty hard on the conditions currently and the impression it gives to people coming to Guangzhou consulate.

Yep exactly, that building has plenty of room in the ground floor lobby for people to queue up, the outside waiting sucks.

You ain't kiddin' about lining up outside, no matter what the weather. On August 20, 2002, the day Li had her interview, a Tropical Storm blew into GZ about 5 am. By 7 am, when we got in line, gale force winds were howling and the rain was coming down in sheets sideways. Li broke her shoe in the subsequent torrent of water that flooded the area in front of the Consulate (it was on Shamian Island then). Old timers will recall that Li had her interview soaking wet, wearing one shoe. If they provide an indoor place to line up in the new building, that will be great.

I wish they would have called me in for an interview when we filed for the K-1! Maybe they will this time. I hope so.

I wish they would have called me in for an interview when we filed for the K-1! Maybe they will this time. I hope so.

I think you meant this to be in the Petitioner interview thread, not the topic about fiancee visit on a visitor visa and marry.

I think you meant this to be in the Petitioner interview thread, not the topic about fiancee visit on a visitor visa and marry.

I thought this was the Petitoner interview thread. That was the original thread post.

I thought this was the Petitoner interview thread. That was the original thread post.

:D I figured, so I split it off the other thread and merged it into this one. I happens.