CheapoAir

I made reservations for my wife to go to China in Janurary... they changed the reservations 2 times.... the latest change was for her flight from LAX to GUZ... she was supposed to fly out 10:30pm SAturday.... they changed her flight to Guz to 10:30 pm Sunday... 24 hours later... unbeleivable... I'm on the phone for 1 hour with them just now, and we disconnect and the person doesn't call back. Very frustrating. They say they can only return 3 legs of the flight money... ie, flight on return from LAX is with a different carrier so they won't return this money. I'm will to deal with that, but of course my wife won't go for that, so we are running out of time... she won't listen to me.

Ok, I got it out... back on hold for who knows how long.

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

In 2009 when I was looking at airline tickets for my first trip to China, CheapoAir showed up on a search. I had never heard of them before and when I went looking for reviews about them, very few were positive. I had a "if it sounds to good to be true" moment.

I made reservations for my wife to go to China in Janurary... they changed the reservations 2 times.... the latest change was for her flight from LAX to GUZ... she was supposed to fly out 10:30pm SAturday.... they changed her flight to Guz to 10:30 pm Sunday... 24 hours later... unbeleivable... I'm on the phone for 1 hour with them just now, and we disconnect and the person doesn't call back. Very frustrating. They say they can only return 3 legs of the flight money... ie, flight on return from LAX is with a different carrier so they won't return this money. I'm will to deal with that, but of course my wife won't go for that, so we are running out of time... she won't listen to me.

Sounds like she's flying China Southern, Charles. This is standard operating procedure with CS, as they will hold back flights if they don't have a full plane. In the future, book your tickets with this SoCal Chinese agency who will email you immediately if/when there's a change in CS schedules.

Travel Depot

223 E Garvey Ave # 138

Monterey Park, CA 91755-1861

(626) 280-2198

traveldepot@ymail.com

travel_depot@yahoo.com

It's a family business ran by 'Sarah' and 'Henry'. Like all SoCal Chinese agents, they buy blocks of tickets from China Southern and China Eastern mostly and some for China Air. They can book flights from LAX to China at a discount and give excellent service in notifying of schedule changes.

Sounds like she's flying China Southern, Charles. This is standard operating procedure with CS, as they will hold back flights if they don't have a full plane. In the future, book your tickets with this SoCal Chinese agency who will email you immediately if/when there's a change in CS schedules.

Travel Depot

223 E Garvey Ave # 138

(626) 280-2198

traveldepot@ymail.com

travel_depot@yahoo.com

It's a family business ran by 'Sarah' and 'Henry'. Like all SoCal Chinese agents, they buy blocks of tickets from China Southern and China Eastern mostly and some for China Air. They can book flights from LAX to China at a discount and give excellent service in notifying of schedule changes.

Thanks Dennis, I'll have to remember this.

Travel Depot

223 E Garvey Ave # 138

(626) 280-2198

traveldepot@ymail.com

travel_depot@yahoo.com

Thanks Dennis, I'll have to remember this.

I had that experience with CS last year going to Hainan, they probably changed my flight three times -- it didn't end up being a big hassle, but it kind of scared me.

• 2 weeks later...

We have been lucky. The only time I had flight trouble was my first trip to China. United cancelled my flight from San Antonio to San Francisco, but when I called the agent worked to get me on different flights from San Antonio (SAT) to Chicago to Beijing, SAT to LAX to Beijing, but finally the best he could do was a flight out of Austin to SFO so I could catch my original flight. That was no trouble since Austin was onlt 90 mailes further from SAT.