I-751 RFE

Okay guys, I need your help once again.

Hubby is in a panic (and so am I) because we just recieved an RFE for our I-751. They requested evidence for showing co-mingling of funds as well as communal residence. I honestly submitted all that we have for evidence on the first round. For co-mingling of funds, I will send more bank statements from the past two years. For communal residence, we do not have any bills or deeds or rental agreements because we are living with my mom and dad. I showed proof of our life insurance policies, and I will also include bills for those as well. I will also add extra copies of my loan documents and the car registration (we do not have the title, because the car is on leinhold by the bank). What else should I do about this situation? I am seriously worried about this. HELP please!!!

-Erika

Hubby is in a panic (and so am I) because we just recieved an RFE for our I-751. They requested evidence for showing co-mingling of funds as well as communal residence. I honestly submitted all that we have for evidence on the first round. For co-mingling of funds, I will send more bank statements from the past two years. For communal residence, we do not have any bills or deeds or rental agreements because we are living with my mom and dad. I showed proof of our life insurance policies, and I will also include bills for those as well. I will also add extra copies of my loan documents and the car registration (we do not have the title, because the car is on leinhold by the bank). What else should I do about this situation? I am seriously worried about this. HELP please!!!

-Erika

If you feel you had it more than covered in the original submission - send them more ANYWAY. You're on the right track there - just send them more PAPER (they obviously need it for some purpose). You could even draw up a rental agreement with your parents - I believe you can find boilerplate documents for this. Bank statements other than the months you've already sent - anything that will add a little bit of weight to the envelope.

Come to think of it, that boilerplate rental agreement might just do the trick here - they should be available online, or at an office supply store. Even if it shows a token rental payment, it would still be evidence that you live together.

Photos? Especially if they show the living arrangements.

If you feel you had it more than covered in the original submission - send them more ANYWAY. You're on the right track there - just send them more PAPER (they obviously need it for some purpose). You could even draw up a rental agreement with your parents - I believe you can find boilerplate documents for this. Bank statements other than the months you've already sent - anything that will add a little bit of weight to the envelope.

Come to think of it, that boilerplate rental agreement might just do the trick here - they should be available online, or at an office supply store. Even if it shows a token rental payment, it would still be evidence that you live together.

Photos? Especially if they show the living arrangements.

Hi Erika, I'm going to ditto what Randy said. It's really perplexing that you would get an RFE when it appears you gave them more than enough the first time. :o

Best wishes to you!

Edited by Ryan H (see edit history)

Send copies of yours and his DL, copies of letters addressed to him sent to your address,my wife attends college part time I sent copies of college bills, a sworn affidavit from parents stating you have been living at their place notarized.

If hubby works copies of pay stubs or checks with home address, in my case my wife and I have a home based business together and commission checks show both names.

Bank statements should show both names.

• 1 month later...

So I am still waiting for the response for our submission of additional evidence. It arrived there on Monday, and so I am guessing they need more time than that. I tried to call and use the automated system and also tried online, but both systems say they cannot find our case based on the number I gave them...does this happen to anyone else? I used the number on the RFE...

-Erika

WHY panic ??? If your relationship is real , you will overcome this . No problem. Just give them more documentations, eg. joint tax return, sworn affidavit from respected people who know both of you well,etc....

You two are together , so , this doesn't add any hardship. He is not going to get deported unless the marriage is sham .For this to happen at this point, the government has to prove it before removal can proceed.

China is a high fraud country . I hope you can appreciate what our government has to deal with everyday.

Smile and relax, they are just doing their job.

Use number that is on the I-751 NOA 1 letter.

Thanks Dan. Did this as you suggested and I was able to pull our case up. Unfortunately it has not been updated since July 13 when they received the petition. I guess I will just have to wait it out... :D :P

Thanks to everyone for all of your support. I am sure everything will be fine, I just want it to be over with already so that I don't have to think about it!

Use number that is on the I-751 NOA 1 letter.

Thanks Dan. Did this as you suggested and I was able to pull our case up. Unfortunately it has not been updated since July 13 when they received the petition. I guess I will just have to wait it out... :D :P

Thanks to everyone for all of your support. I am sure everything will be fine, I just want it to be over with already so that I don't have to think about it!

Nothing proves a marriage better than showing a birth certificate for your children with both parents names on it.

Nothing proves a marriage better than showing a birth certificate for your children with both parents names on it.

I know this, and believe me, I cannot wait to have children. The thing that is frustrating for me is that we have neither children or a mortgage because we are trying to be responsible and not take on more than we can handle. It is sort of ironic that we are being put under the microscope because we are trying to make sure we can fully support a mortgage and child before taking on either or both. Because both of us are still students, although we make enough money to survive because both of us are working full time, we have decided not to have children or buy a house until one of us (me) graduates and gets a "real" job. I tried to be responsible, but maybe if I had to do it, I would have just had a kid and put them on welfare. Haha.

I know this, and believe me, I cannot wait to have children. The thing that is frustrating for me is that we have neither children or a mortgage because we are trying to be responsible and not take on more than we can handle. It is sort of ironic that we are being put under the microscope because we are trying to make sure we can fully support a mortgage and child before taking on either or both. Because both of us are still students, although we make enough money to survive because both of us are working full time, we have decided not to have children or buy a house until one of us (me) graduates and gets a "real" job. I tried to be responsible, but maybe if I had to do it, I would have just had a kid and put them on welfare. Haha.

Put your mind at ease.

Our situation was similar we too have no children, mortgage, or rent.

You left something out of the I-751 that they wanted.

I have seen a few cases take close to a year or more to process, in these cases some simply send an N-400 for citisenship at 3 years of LPR causing USCIS to jump on the pending I-751.

Mortgage, children etc are just some of the ways to show ongoing relationship. Others are bank cards, joint memberships, statements from friends, generally anything that shows you are still a couple. If you are living with parents then it may be a good idea to add a notarized statement from them explaining the situation.