Change of address

Hi All... long time no be here.

Can someone tell me what form is used to report change of address for my wife (and I) - who has a pending application for her son a visa?

Thanks,

Scott

Form AR-11 for the alien... Form I-865 for the sponsor.

And... in our experience you'll get a receipt for the I-865 but not for the AR-11. Anyone else notice that?

Good luck.

Can someone tell me what form is used to report change of address for my wife (and I) - who has a pending application for her son a visa?

Thanks,

Scott

And... in our experience you'll get a receipt for the I-865 but not for the AR-11. Anyone else notice that?

Good luck.

Ditto,

Also AR-11 can be filed on USCIS website, I-865 needs to be mailed.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa (Online AR-11)

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=c1a94154d7b3d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD (AR-11)

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=1ba892623014d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD (I-865)

Thanks,

Scott

Good luck.

So you are saying we must file one of these (ar-11) to report my wifes new address...... which I totally forgot that we had to do.

And then file the other document (I-865) to go with her sons visa application???

One is for her and the other one is for her sons application?

I totally forgot to report the change of address for her - had I not needed to report this for her sons application - I may have completely forgot to do it for her.... boy do I feel stupid. Makes me wonder how many other people forget that you must always do this when you move - at least until the spouse becomes a citizen?

Thanks for the reply guys!!!

Scott

Thanks,

Scott

Good luck.

So you are saying we must file one of these (ar-11) to report my wifes new address...... which I totally forgot that we had to do.

And then file the other document (I-865) to go with her sons visa application???

One is for her and the other one is for her sons application?

I totally forgot to report the change of address for her - had I not needed to report this for her sons application - I may have completely forgot to do it for her.... boy do I feel stupid. Makes me wonder how many other people forget that you must always do this when you move - at least until the spouse becomes a citizen?

Thanks for the reply guys!!!

Scott

You are your wife's sponsor and YOU filed an I-864 to sponsor her, so you need to file an I-865 to report your moving too.

As for son's pending application, when you send an I-864 to NVC simply have new address on the I-864.

Lastly if you petitioned for step son, then you too should file an AR-11 electronically to update your address for the pending I-130 Visa petition for son.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)