Beauty Salons and Chinatown in Socal

JonathanM

I'll be going to Southern California in about two weeks with the SO. Does LA or San Diego have a chinatown? Does anyone recommend any Chinese beauty salons there? Any "real" good chinese food restaruants?

Thanks for your help

Take her here. This is the heart of the largest Chinese community in Southern California:

http://www.goldsea.com/Parenting/Malls/sgs.html

Have fun!!

I'll be going to Southern California in about two weeks with the SO. Does LA or San Diego have a chinatown? Does anyone recommend any Chinese beauty salons there? Any "real" good chinese food restaruants?

Thanks for your help

LA has several. The official Chinatown is off of the 110 freeway at Hill Street in downtown LA.

Chinatown LA

http://www.chinatownla.com/

It's pretty cool. Southern Cal. covers a lot of area though and depending on where you will be in "so cal" there are other areas with large Chinese populations that have very vibrant Chinese communities. The largest probably being the San Gabriel Valley, which I'm not very familiar with because it's ways away from where I live. I think there are members in that area that may respond to you.

As far as the beauty salon goes, can't help you there unless you just want a great stylist. I have a great lady that does my hair here in Torrance. She is Korean and an artist with hair in my opinion. Torrance has a large Asian population though it is prodominantly Japanese and Korean although there is still a faily large Chinese population too.

Sounds like you will be here about the time my wife arrives from Hong Kong. She gets here on the 24th. We would be happy to meet you and your lovely wife for lunch or dinner if the opportunity is there. If you're interested, send me a pm. Hope you have a great time here in So Cal.

Edited by dnoblett
Added HTTP:// to URL to get a hyperlink (see edit history)

While in San Diego go to the Ba Ren Szechuan Restaurant at 4957 Diane Ave. My wife and I have dined there several times on trips to San Diego. She is from Chongqing and has certified this place as being more authentic Chinese than any other place we have been.