How long for Visa after Pink

Amaro

As most of you know, my lady's interview was on the 27th, and I was expecting to receive her package by the 30th or the 1st at the latest. That didn't happen and I ended up fly back to the states alone and upset. So now I am freaking out because on some "rare occasions, a blue slip or denial might be met at the post office upon pick up" With my luck, I wouldn't be to surprised.

So, what was your wait time for your visa if you elected to pick it up from the post office in the beautiful city of Guangzhou.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My unofficial estimate based on what I have seen here:

15% - 2 Days

75% - 3 Days

5% - 4-10 Days

4% - 10 Days -3 Weeks

1% - Blue (remember one where the visa was in the passport but crossed out with a blue slip enclosed)

I think they do a certain amount of audits so that can old it up. If an audit finds something, then a blue may result, but its very rare. Sorry your lucky run didn't continue on this last hurdle!

Lee

There is no rhyme, or especially a reason. Wish I had better news for ya, but the visa is handed out...when the visa is handed out.

What timeline others had is like lookin' at the moon and sayin', "Ol' Jim Bob's cow jumped over the moon last week, I wonder if'n my Bessie can jump over it tonight".....maybe.....maybe not. :o

The DOS's official guidebook starts out with..... Hey diddle diddle the cat an the fiddle...

tsap seui :lol:

Good luck Amaro, hang in there, I wish you had better luck with the visa issuance. If my wife lucks out to have the DOS relaease their binding chains off of her and gives her pink, I'm gonna wait for her to get the dang visa, as I want to have sex with her at 7 miles high over the North Pole as we head back to the Land of the Free, Fought for by the Brave. ;)

I found this on visa journey, could explain why we are waiting so long. http://www.visajourn...ly-based-visas/

http://www.travel.st...letin_5145.html

There are NO statutary numbers of Fiancee, Spouse, Parent, and underage children of US citizens, that bulletin does not apply.

Immediate Relative Immigrant Visas (Unlimited): These visa types are based on a close family relationship with a United States (U.S.) citizen described as an Immediate Relative (IR). The number of immigrants in these categories is NOT limited each fiscal year. Immediate relative visa types include;

• IR-1: Spouse of a U.S. Citizen Learn More
  • IR-2: Unmarried Child Under 21 Years of Age of a U.S. Citizen
  • IR-3: Orphan adopted abroad by a U.S. Citizen Learn More
  • IR-4: Orphan to be adopted in the U.S. by a U.S. citizen Learn More
  • IR-5: Parent of a U.S. Citizen who is at least 21 years old
http://travel.state....types_1306.html

I also read on the DOS website that it can take up to 60 days for administrative processing. There are a couple of other chinese women on 001 talking about this long visa wait time as well.

Yep AP can a d does often happen, additional or checks that had not completed in time for the interview.

I asked the consulate when the visa would be ready and I got this reply.

Please be advised that the issuance of your fianc¨¦e's visa is still under processing, and she will get her visa once it is ready for delivery.

Here is to hoping this delay is because of the recent Golden Week and not because of AP.

I asked the consulate when the visa would be ready and I got this reply.

Please be advised that the issuance of your fianc¨¦e's visa is still under processing, and she will get her visa once it is ready for delivery.

if i am not mistaken,it took my wife about 3 weeks to get her visa.Hang in there