China Eastern Airlines A340-600

I am flying on China Eastern Model A340-600 aircraft. According to seat guru, every seat has a power outlet in the middle of the 2 seats. http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/China_Eastern/China_Eastern_Airbus_A340-600.php

Wondering if anyone has seen this before? I was thinking about powering up my laptop and watching movies the entire flight. I tried searching the web, but this seems like its too good to be true.

Now that is funny... worrying if your PC can play movies over 17 hours of flight over the in-flight movies. Why not worry about what's on the menu?

Sorry... too funny. Happy viewing of movies on your PC.

I got a collection of movies that are in theaters / in transition from theater to DVD / and chinese movies.

I dont think any of those will be on the menu, plus I think its one overhead TV, so I wont have a choice on what I want to watch.

I got a collection of movies that are in theaters / in transition from theater to DVD / and chinese movies.

I dont think any of those will be on the menu, plus I think its one overhead TV, so I wont have a choice on what I want to watch.

Yes, I have over 5TB of movies downloaded. I don't think they have them on the menu either. It's hell wanting to watch a movie you want :rolleyes:

Ok CFLers... chime in and answer this need...

Check the back of the seat in front of you - you may be in for a surprise. The overseas planes I've been in lately include individual screens for each seat, with on-demand, fairly current movies.

Edit - nope, only for first and business class on China Eastern

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

According to this chart they don't have any power outlets in economy class. http://seatexpert.co..._(Three_class)/ I flew on a Northwest Airbus to China a year and a half ago and the economy class seats had one fairly close although not every seat. I would call and ask them.

i like cathay pacific airlines. everyone gets an individual screens for each seat. it has multi channels, such as chinese, american, brithish, korean and japan channels, inculding popular huge selections of audios. oh yeah, each seat has a outlet for your laptop. i was lucky on my last trip where i had the whole row to myself. i had my laptop plugged in, chinese movies and news on three screens, funny thing was i sleeping most of the trip, must be the unlimited beers on the plane. :lol:

I flew China Eastern on that same plane type and yes there were outlets in the back of the seats.

Some advise...... If it is like the flight I was on the plane will only be 1/2 full. After you get on the plane go to a middle row of seats and claim the whole row, many people did this and I was mad I had not thought of it. It would have been nice to lay out and sleep a bit. Or at the very least grab a row of youir own on the side the extra seat for your bag\snacks will be nice.

Speaking of Food on the flight.... I loved it the food on CE was the best out of the 4 airline I have used going back and forth. Stick with the beef noodles and avoid the fish... Bring your own snacks,chips, candy, cookies and my faveriot beef jerky and a box of slim jims were what got me threw the flight. Now for your drinks go to one of the airport stores after you clear the security checkpoint and buy a bottle of water and some soda's... trust me it was nice having my own drinks after the flight attendents did a disapearing act for a few hours.

I flew China Eastern on that same plane type and yes there were outlets in the back of the seats.

Some advise...... If it is like the flight I was on the plane will only be 1/2 full. After you get on the plane go to a middle row of seats and claim the whole row, many people did this and I was mad I had not thought of it. It would have been nice to lay out and sleep a bit. Or at the very least grab a row of youir own on the side the extra seat for your bag\snacks will be nice.

Speaking of Food on the flight.... I loved it the food on CE was the best out of the 4 airline I have used going back and forth. Stick with the beef noodles and avoid the fish... Bring your own snacks,chips, candy, cookies and my faveriot beef jerky and a box of slim jims were what got me threw the flight. Now for your drinks go to one of the airport stores after you clear the security checkpoint and buy a bottle of water and some soda's... trust me it was nice having my own drinks after the flight attendents did a disapearing act for a few hours.

The only problem with purchasing your own water or soft drink is that lately, as you are walking down the boarding ramp to board the aircraft, they have stated to spot check your "carry on" bags for liquids. They ask some people if they have water but they also pull some people to the side and check check their bags. There was a table on the ramp near the inspecting officers filled with unopened bottles water, soda and orange juice. They've got you coming and going. Just a "heads up".

The only problem with purchasing your own water or soft drink is that lately, as you are walking down the boarding ramp to board the aircraft, they have stated to spot check your "carry on" bags for liquids. They ask some people if they have water but they also pull some people to the side and check check their bags. There was a table on the ramp near the inspecting officers filled with unopened bottles water, soda and orange juice. They've got you coming and going. Just a "heads up".

No problem with this just save your reciept showing you bought them at the store that is past the Checkpoint. I have had 3 spot checks done on me at the plane gate and they never took any of my drinks.

One thing I have enjoyed about my trips to China was flying United, the Boeing 777 has on demand in flight movies played on a screen in the back of all seats, in all classes.

Trying to use laptop on plane was always a pain, the person would tilt seat back, and it would push my laptop screen back toward me at an angle that made using the computer hard.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

One thing I have enjoyed about my trips to China was flying United, the Boeing 777 has on demand in flight movies played on a screen in the back of all seats, in all classes.

Trying to use laptop on plane was always a pain, the person would tilt seat back, and it would push my laptop screen back toward me at an angle that made using the computer hard.

Don't you just hate when that happens! Makes you feel like you want to lean over the top of the seat and give the person a shot in the head!

Edited by screamneagle (see edit history)

My wife and I fly Continental. Each seat has their own screen (hundreds of movies, shows, and tunes) and power outlets in each row.