please post your 2003-2004 aos timelines

my timeline as of 10-21-04:

11-28-03 cleared customs/immigration

12-02-03 ssn application submitted

12-17-03 ssn card received

12-18-03 ead application sent to vsc (vermont)

12-22-03 aos application (i-485, i-130, etc) sent to norfolk

01-05-04 noa ead receipt

02-04-04 ead granted

03-24-04 aos appointment letter received. interview scheduled for early october

10-19-04 aos interview, stamp received

• 2 weeks later...
i checked the timelines for norfolk just now . as of jan 16th, they are processing cases dated (receipt notice date) march 16, 2003.

how long did you wait for your receipt notice?

thanks,

~gv

I haven't received a receipt yet. I was told that I would get on of those grocery store reciepts in the mail. How do you check the timelines on the website?

Hi All:

I got the cashier register receipt (just as the grocery store receipts)of AOS payment by time I submitted my application & my checks personally in Philly District Office. Then, I got printed, A4 size receipt from the office 1 month 11 days later by mail. But the receipt No. on it isn’t as long as 13 characters which website of USCIS requires for case status on line checking. Do any member here got the shorter receipt number as I do??

Also, When I was K1 visa holder, it only took 22 days processing for my EAD, now I am in AOS pending, it seems the office needs much longer time for EADprocessing(I have to quit my good job since it’s not arrived:(). I really admire someone here got their second EAD at the same day when applying green card.

Thanks for the info, G_V

I got a letter today from the Arlington office stating that they have received our I-485 and accepted it for processing. I have read earlier where some people were sent back their check for the fingerprinting fee but apparently they accepted mine because they have scheduled an appointment next week for fingerprinting at some local authoritative(jail?) office nearby.