one way ticket ok?

I know this has been mentioned before and I tried to search for it but was unable to locate the thread. It is ok if I just book a one way ticket to china, right? No one is going to question me and ask me if I have a e-ticket back to the states? I am flying out of Orlando International.

Also I have a cousin up in new york, and was going to mail him my passport and the application and have him drop it of at the chinese consulate. Do you guys see any problems with that?

According to this, it seems reasonable. http://www.nyconsulate.prchina.org/eng/lsqz/VisasforChina/t42204.htm#10

I would be saving money if I did it that way. I also noticed that the 12 month multi entry visa cost the same as the single entry 3 month visa. I figured I should just go ahead and get the 12 month multi entry visa, something I should have got the first time around.

Yes, no problem with the tickets.

With the visa, however, they have often (at least in Houston) rejected any photos you brought with you, and insisted that you pay for their "professional" photos. This doesn't seem to be a problem with a visa service, but may with your cousin. Maybe someone else has done this.

One way ticket? You must be going for a considerable stay. Good on you, I'm jealous, but will it really save you money? I've been shopping for one way tickets and and so far they seem to run quite a bit more than half of a round trip ticket price. Sorry, can't help you with the consulate question because we have a Chinese consulate here in LA and I just go drop off the visa app. there. Never had any trouble with the generic passport photo though and yes the multiple entry is the same price as the single so you are better off getting the multiple in the case that you to travel to Hong Kong or Macau or anywhere out of mainland while you're there. Enjoy your stay and give us updates from time to time.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys just a small update.

I bought a one way ticket to china, not because I am going for a long period, but because I wanted to ensure I was on the same flight and the seat next to her on the way back to America if she got her visa.

I ended up going to new york over the weekend and actually picked up my passport myself. They open at 9am, I would advise anyone going to pick up a passport to show up around 10am, the wait is next to nothing, because all the people lined up before the consulate opened rushed the pick up windows at the beginning. I arrived there at 9:03am and I had my passport by 9:17am.

If your dropping off, I advise you get there around 8am ish on a monday or tuesday. I have the visa in hand now, 1 year mulitple entry, something I should have got the first time around for $140, same price as the rest.

Ok guys just a small update.

I bought a one way ticket to china, not because I am going for a long period, but because I wanted to ensure I was on the same flight and the seat next to her on the way back to America if she got her visa.

I ended up going to new york over the weekend and actually picked up my passport myself. They open at 9am, I would advise anyone going to pick up a passport to show up around 10am, the wait is next to nothing, because all the people lined up before the consulate opened rushed the pick up windows at the beginning. I arrived there at 9:03am and I had my passport by 9:17am.

If your dropping off, I advise you get there around 8am ish on a monday or tuesday. I have the visa in hand now, 1 year mulitple entry, something I should have got the first time around for $140, same price as the rest.

Back when we interviewed for K-1, I gambled and booked myself a RT and booked my Yu a one way on the same flights as my Return flight and picked seats together. Worked for me. ;)

Back when we interviewed for K-1, I gambled and booked myself a RT and booked my Yu a one way on the same flights as my Return flight and picked seats together. Worked for me. ;)

Nice, glad things worked out for you. Myself, I am not really a gambling man. :D