Mother-In-Law Visitor Visa DENIED

Tonight my wife and I are very sad.

After filing for her visitor visa two months ago after compiling the required stack of paperwork we waited for two months.

We just got the news that she was denied because my salary was too low? I'm shaking my head confused and wife is plain pissed.
Without posting my financials to the board let me say that the salary evidence I sent was certainly enough to support all the costs involved.

Dazed and Confused....

The unbelievable bastards!

Gotta ask, though. This ALMOST sounds like you filed an I-130. Did you go that route, or did she actually have an interview in China for a B-2?

This was for her B-2 Visa and her interview was at the Shanghai consulate.

Try again. Sometimes it takes as many as 3 times. Concentrate on reasons she will return to China. Family, job, property, assets, anything you can think of. I seriously doubt your income was the real reason.

david,

sorry for the denied visa, mother-in-law can be very helpful with wendy's expected baby. we are in the process of applying a visa for my wife's mother so she can help with my wife's baby in november. mother-in-law supplies alot of evidence to show her financial ties to china, husband in china, job in china, and a son in china, so keeping our fingers crossed.

***side note***

i read your blog and notice you are going for you ccna, good luck and it is worth it. i have an expired ccna now and working for the new york city hospitals. we are in charge of 5 campus networks in nyc with over 300 cisco switches (4500s) and 50 routers. you may download the software, http://www.gns3.net/, for studying tools, its a graphical network sims. good luck and happy routing.