Are the shots required?

My wife got her 1st dose in China does she require a second dose in the US?

If so, where to go, a family doctor?

How much does it cost normally?

The first shots are required for Immigrations (Adjustment of status), you should have a shot record "Yellow Book" you need to get this transfered to an I-693 (See Good Bad Ugly Topic at the top of this forum) SHOP AROUND for a US Civil Surgeon who will not RIP YOU OFF.

Boosters can be got at family doctor, or perhaps health department, costs depends on where you have them done (Free to $$$) or you can get tested for immunity (Titer test) if sufficient antibodies then no booster needed, ask your family doc about this.

She won't need boosters for AOS, Just have a Civil Surgeon sign off on the vaccinations section of the I-693 based on the little yellow book she would have gotten in GZ. Many Civil Surgeons will try and tell you she needs a whole new exam and all the shots. Not true, keep searching until you find one who understands the law.

We got the the first set of shots when we ajust status for the green card. When are the rest of the shots required?

never

Not exactly.

As I indicated in post #2 You can consult your family doctor about the boosters, and/or get tested "Titer Tests".

They are NOT required for immigrations, however if your spouse would like to perhaps attend college for an ESL class or some other education, the school may demand full immunizations, my wife attends the local community college, she got tested for immunity "Titer Tests" this satisfied the college.

I took my wife to the local health dept here in GA. they charged $143.00 for first round of shots :unsure: . I then called several civil surgeons here in the Atlanta area and they all told me the same thing,"She must have all her shots finished...all 3 rounds... before they would fill out the paper and then they would still charge $100 to transfer the records...what a rip off :angry:. I called USCIS and told them as her last round of shots will not be until September, they told me to file the papers anyway and they will send me a request for more info. I should have them by then but the civil surgeons are a bunch of ripp off scammers...at least from where I sit. try to find a good one if you can.

Robert

My wife got her 1st dose in China does she require a second dose in the US?

If so, where to go, a family doctor?

How much does it cost normally?

Yes, my wife lived in a urban city in China.

She had those shots in childhood and she had her 1st dose in China from a USCIS Civil surgeons in Guangzhou.

She was required and requested to submit the documentation by the stupid USCIS that she had the form signed by USCIS Civil Surgeon located in America after he had give her 'all' the immu shots (again) even after presenting proof she already had them.

Yes, my wife lived in a urban city in China.

She had those shots in childhood and she had her 1st dose in China from a USCIS Civil surgeons in Guangzhou.

She was required and requested to submit the documentation by the stupid USCIS that she had the form signed by USCIS Civil Surgeon located in America after he had give her 'all' the immu shots (again) even after presenting proof she already had them.

Again a story for the "Good Bad Ugly" I-693 thread.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41344

Not exactly.

As I indicated in post #2 You can consult your family doctor about the boosters, and/or get tested "Titer Tests".

They are NOT required for immigrations, however if your spouse would like to perhaps attend college for an ESL class or some other education, the school may demand full immunizations, my wife attends the local community college, she got tested for immunity "Titer Tests" this satisfied the college.

Dan is right. We entered on CR-1 and she had the first set in China to satisfy GUZ. She did not need the second set to get her Greencard (we have GC and SSN now after ~1.5 months -- not bad) but she did need them to attend the Community College here in New Orleans.