Just finished watching this movie with Rong on the computer...Is a true story movie begining with the Tangshan earthquake in 1976...Rong found it posted on 001 website....Great movie to watch together with your wife.

http://news.wenxuecity.com/messages/201007/news-gb2312-1130087.html

Just scroll down to the movie....is broken up into 13 ten minute segments.....Is really worth taking a look at.

Just finished watching this movie with Rong on the computer...Is a true story movie begining with the Tangshan earthquake in 1976...Rong found it posted on 001 website....Great movie to watch together with your wife.

http://news.wenxuecity.com/messages/201007/news-gb2312-1130087.html

Just scroll down to the movie....is broken up into 13 ten minute segments.....Is really worth taking a look at.

Fantastic movie, thanks for sharing. Xianxiu's brothers were part of the Tangshan rescue effort.

Xianxiu & Gary

I hope some of you all got to see this....i guess the china movie industry is getting a little notion of how the american movie industry feels about pirated movies...they have been taking parts of this movie off the internet, so i don't think you can see in ite entirety now...this movie had just opened in theaters in china recently and is the number one movie now.

Completely taken off now.

Edited by steveandrong (see edit history)

I doubt you will find it anywhere right now....is a new release movie in china that is filling theaters everywhere...even lining up for 2:00AM showings...just was a stroke of luck for the ones that got to see it online prior to its removal.....but who knows, am sure someone will copy and post it again eventually....is the china way to share the best movies!....not exactly sure of the name of the movie...is called "Aftershock" or Tangshan Earthquake-Aftershock....here it is in chinese...ÌÆɽ´óµØÕð.....hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

I found it, and with English subtitles. I'll watch it this weekend. I found it under the title "Aftershocks"

I doubt you will find it anywhere right now....is a new release movie in china that is filling theaters everywhere...even lining up for 2:00AM showings...just was a stroke of luck for the ones that got to see it online prior to its removal.....but who knows, am sure someone will copy and post it again eventually....is the china way to share the best movies!....not exactly sure of the name of the movie...is called "Aftershock" or Tangshan Earthquake-Aftershock....here it is in chinese...ÌÆɽ´óµØÕð.....hope this helps.

It's around as a torrent.

Torrents....not to change the subject of my own thread, but....just took daughters computer in to have it debugged...didn't know much about torrents until after talking with the computer repairman.....was 299 bits of viruses everywhere in in her computer (is a new computer too)...she let the trial antivirus expire...i had given her the kaspersky internet security to put in, but she did nothing with it ...seems there are what they call "Dialers" in the torrent programs, and even when you are not using the program, they are very busy little things....sending data out, bringing data in.....rong and i didn't know what was up with our computer, why the internet was so slow....found out why when we shut her daughters computer off.....was hogging all the bandwidth and not even leaving a scrap for anyone else to use....have told daughter that everything that is missing from her computer will stay missing!......i think she had 5 different torrent programs on her computer...No more torrents!

Torrents, as a file type and method of downloading files, are no more subject to carrying bugs than any other file type or download method. In fact, many torrent engines will identify files containing nasties. Nothing on the interwebs is 'safe'.

I have never got an infection from a torrent, is a simple matter of paying attention to what file extension is on what is being downloaded, (.exe .msi) BAD though my Mac looks at these extensions and does not know what to do with them anyway.

I don't use torrents, unless as a last resort. I use the usenet, much safer from a virus perspective and from a problem standpoint. When you download via a torrent, you are basically downloading from many different internet users. You have no idea whom those users are, and depending what your downloading.

If you just happen to be downloading the latest song or movie, and one of those torrent computers just happens to be owned by the FBI, they now have your IP address and know what your downloading.

Usenet is much faster and safer, although it's not usually free to access it. Since I can sleep at night without worry, I think it's money well spent.

Your right they do, but it's the record labels and movie studios trying to protect their profit center. If people can download a movie or latest album off the net, then they won't be buying it from legitimate sources. The torrent software is bad in one way, you download the stuff, and because it works as distributed network, it automatically sets your computer up a server too. So not only are you downloading the stuff for personal use, your also distributing it. That looks really bad when it comes time to prosecute the ignorant torrent user for distributing copy-write materials.

I'd hope the FBI has better things to do than sniff out people downloading entertainment. As far as other computers being connected, it is in a very limited fashion and the risk of becoming infected is no more than visiting a popular web page. That's why one should use personal protection.