GZ cracking down on English?

While your confirming things, here's something else.

I remember from a post from a long time ago that the video cannot be a compilation of seperate events, but must be 5 uninterupted minutes of you talking, not reading Chinese.

Before everyone panics to much, the video that was required in November was asked for because the lady was completely and totally unprepared for an interview. She had no supporting evidence of any kind, only the marriage document, and passport.

Dean

Before everyone panics to much, the video that was required in November was asked for because the lady was completely and totally unprepared for an interview.  She had no supporting evidence of any kind, only the marriage document, and passport.

Dean

Thanks Dean, I have been suspecting that some rejections and "video" requests have been for this reason.

Here is an idea.....

Bring an unlabled tape of "Bill & Ted's Greatest Adventures" to the interview (just so you look prepared)..... And, hope they can't find a VCR that can read it!!!!

(Ok, it would be itneresting to know if they actually watch the tape, but certainly not worth the risk).

Here is an idea.....

Bring an unlabled tape of "Bill & Ted's Greatest Adventures" to the intervie (just so you look prepared).....  And, hope they can't find a VCR that can read it!!!!

(Ok, it would be itneresting to know if they actually watch the tape, but certainly not worth the risk).

maybe a video of the hords of mexicans crossing the rio grande unchallenged by our government.

My attorney had an interesting reply to my email:

"Actually embassy personnel changes all the time and it has no bearing on the process. She could not be denied even if she could not speak a word of English. We have also seen several recent approvals and most have limited English skills. You are seeing that she is well prepared so

she will be fine."

Hello-

My name is Frank Shiery and this is my first post...I am very glad to find ya'll here. I filed the I-129F Oct. 6th and just got word it left the NVC dec. 17 for GZ.

I was in GZ 2 weeks ago and although the paperwork was not there, thought I would go take a look......

They had a meeting at Thursday, 2pm of about 50 people, for people who had questions. The interviewer who was leading the meeting mentioned a good idea to have the girl (on Video tape) write out her intention to marry in a letter, hold it up to the camera, then read it in English and bring the video to the interview.

Actually, this meeting ended up being a bitch session....My queston was the only one that wasnt a complaint.

Welcome to Candle Frank and thanks for sharing this interesting information. Didn't realize they were holding group sessions at GZ now. Sounds kind of interesting and the thing about the video tape of the beneficiary signing and reading the intent to marry is a new twist that I have not heard of before. Usually, if they ask for a video it is of the American speaking and writing Chinese. Please keep us posted as to your progress and, again, welcome aboard. :P

Welcome Frank You will find many friends here. I am amazed at your timeline. You say you filed the I-129F in Oct and your petition is already in GZ. This is the way they should all be done.

Like a lot of you I too am somewhat concerned about english skills. Bing can read and write fine and we can talk to one another but she does have a hard time hearing english sometimes. This is when I have to type it out for her to read. I am thinking of video taping her and I talking to one another on Yahoo messenger via web cam and sending it to her for the interview.

Hello-

My name is Frank Shiery and this is my first post...I am very glad to find ya'll here. I filed the I-129F Oct. 6th and just got word it left the NVC dec. 17 for GZ.

I was in GZ 2 weeks ago and although the paperwork was not there, thought I would go take a look......

They had a meeting at Thursday, 2pm of about 50 people, for people who had questions. The interviewer who was leading the meeting mentioned a good idea to have the girl (on Video tape) write out her intention to marry in a letter, hold it up to the camera, then read it in English and bring the video to the interview.

Actually, this meeting ended up being a bitch session....My queston was the only one that wasnt a complaint.

Welcome Frank You will find many friends here.  I  am amazed at your timeline.  You say you filed the I-129F in Oct and your petition is already in GZ.  This is the way they should all be done.

Like a lot of you I too am somewhat concerned about english skills.  Bing can read and write fine and we can talk to one another but she does have a hard time hearing english sometimes.  This is when I have to type it out for her to read.  I am thinking of video taping her and I talking to one another on Yahoo messenger via web cam and sending it to her for the interview.

Frank, I too am amazed at your timesline. VSC by chance? Welcome to the group, and thanks for the info on the meeting in GZ.

Warpedbored, Jingwen actually tapes our IM chats on occasion. I don't know if it'll do any good, but I don't think it can hurt. I'm planning on being in Guangzhoul during her interview, so we'll also make another video tape, just in case. Maybe I'll have her recite the Pledge of Allegiance. :P

I don't know whether the camcorder's mini cassette is acceptable to GZ, but we can always get it copied to a full size VHS I guess.

Hello and thanks-

First, it IS a K-1 Fiancee visa, not a K-3...I added the timeline, like everyone else, to my signature. See if it comes through.......

I travel to China often, actually every  2-3 months now......When I stopped at the GZ consulate. I wasnt even aware of the approval in Vermont of the I-129F. My gal is from Xi'an, a city I travel to often. But she lived in GZ for many years and we went there to get her passport, police report, and marriage report and have them translated and notarized. While she did this, I went to the Consulate, just to make sure I was doing things correctly and wanted to become familiar with the place. This is on a Wed.

THe guy inside, mentioned if I come back thursday at 2pm, can talk to some body and get my questions answered. When I got there, it was disorganized Chinese style.....:blink: Out of 50 people, there were 3 of us born in the US. I will say, the interviewer was quick to call on us 3 when we raised our hands...

WHen I go back to China on Feb. 5, I will be detouring  to the GZ consulate so they have me registered as being there again inquiring......so they know I mean business. I was also told, carries a lot of weight if your there when she gets her interview......

Frank

Hi Frank!!

I am in China now and just came from Xi An..Welcome you are fortunate to be usiing Vermont the rest of the service centers are slow.

Mike

I met my lady here too traveling on business.. :lol: