Tao Bao

Rong wants to order some clothing from TaoBao...they do ship to the USA....has anyones wife ordered things from there after coming to the USA?...and if so, how were the payments made to TaoBao?....they accept Visa, but not a USA visa...they told Rong they accept Western Union, but I am not sure how that is handled...any help/ideas out there?

I believe it's up to the individual seller how they will accept payment and shipping arrangements. It's pretty much just like eBay in the US.

Do they take PayPal?

Ask them - but probably no

Paypal was not mentioned when she was talking to the TaoBao rep, so i think they do not accept....will go to the western union office tomorrow (about 20 miles from our home) and try to get all the particulars for doing it that way...I don't know about other peoples wives here, but Rong really doesn't care for the fashions offered here and says all the clothing here is too expensive and therefore doesn't buy too many things clothing wise.....just looks in TaoBao every day and dreams....and i gotta say, she is right....when i see the things in the TaoBao that she wants to get, you can never seem to find anything so pretty here in the USA....and the prices are very good too!

ok....finally got it done....and in the end, it was very simple...ended up using western unionthe person we talked with in TaoBao just gave us his name (in pinyin of course), went to western union and sent the money to him....no need for address or phone number or anything.....when you send it, they (western union) will give you a number and then you tell the seller what the number is and they go to western union to pick up the payment....one thing that is critical is, when the seller goes to western union in china to pick up the payment, they will ask for the senders name, meaning you or i, and this must match to a tee or they cannot get.......when i sent the money, western union omitted my middle initial and would not give to him immediately, so I had to call western union and have this corrected ,for official business i always use first name, middle initial and last name (as it was how we gave the seller the information for shipping)....was sent EMS, when it gets here, will tell you how long it takes....cost for the western union was $14