Will she have a interview for the AOS?

Hello all I think we will be mailing the AOS package today and I had a question.

Hui thinks she will have a interview for the 2 year card she will get to start off with. I know she willhave a Bio-metrics apointment to do the finger printing and the like but will we have a Interview with a DOS or VO?

Robert

From what I see the majority of K-1 AOS DO-NOT get interviewed, however most K-3's DO.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aoslis...r=1&vtype=0 (Note Decision date column and interview date column, also filtered for "Transferred" cases only.)

If case gets transferred to California, then more than likely the result will be NO Interview.

In my case the only interview my Yu had to do was the one in Guangzhou, we had NO interview for AOS, and NO interview for Removal of Conditions.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

From what I see the majority of K-1 AOS DO-NOT get interviewed, however most K-3's DO.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aoslis...r=1&vtype=0 (Note Decision date column and interview date column, also filtered for "Transferred" cases only.)

If case gets transferred to California, then more than likely the result will be NO Interview.

In my case the only interview my Yu had to do was the one in Guangzhou, we had NO interview for AOS, and NO interview for Removal of Conditions.

Normally yes, but remember this is a very special case and also from Arizona.

Hmmmmm You still playin hide the 6 inch meatball at the shop?

Not kidding. The new AZ immigration law requires interviews for ALL AOS applicants from AZ.

Check it out.

Not kidding. The new AZ immigration law requires interviews for ALL AOS applicants from AZ.

Check it out.

I looked for anything that said that about AZ law but could not find it. where did you read it?

Check it out.

I looked for anything that said that about AZ law but could not find it. where did you read it?

Who says I read it?

GOTCHA! :lol: :lol:

for not comming on here enough since Hui came to the US.

Check it out.

Why, he read it right here on CFL - same as you!

Just remember - interviews are GOOD - they are the leading cause of Green Cards. Sending it to California is simply an ALERT that you are ON A TRACK to NOT interview - they won't expect you to go there, but will forward it to your local office if they decide they really want to talk to you.

The person conducting the interview is an IO - Immigrations Officer - with the USCIS

• 2 weeks later...

Check it out.

Just remember - interviews are GOOD - they are the leading cause of Green Cards. Sending it to California is simply an ALERT that you are ON A TRACK to NOT interview - they won't expect you to go there, but will forward it to your local office if they decide they really want to talk to you.

The person conducting the interview is an IO - Immigrations Officer - with the USCIS

Although I am not a lawyer, it seems pretty clear that AZ does not have any say in this matter. In our case, my wife was a K3 we did have an interview even though the case was sent to CA. We brought only what was indicated on the inteview notice and the whole thing took 10 minutes.

Although I am not a lawyer, it seems pretty clear that AZ does not have any say in this matter.

You don't need to be an attorney to know that states cannot issue directives to the federal government or its agencies. However, in times like these, it is possible that some political stinker at the federal level instigated some dirty tricks directive...but highly unlikely.

Can you guys spell "Gotcha"?

HINT - it's right up there in post # 7 (Sam & Fen)

I saw it and didn't know what to think of it because your posts are usually very credible. ...even when I don't agree with them...

OK - this

was meant to imply that he had read it in his own post. I guess that comment needed a smilie. Sorry 'bout that.

Can you guys spell "Gotcha"?

HINT - it's right up there in post # 7 (Sam & Fen)

I saw it and didn't know what to think of it because your posts are usually very credible. ...even when I don't agree with them...

OK - this

was meant to imply that he had read it in his own post. I guess that comment needed a smilie. Sorry 'bout that.

Perhaps this is a problem with fundamentally, anal retentive readers :D