in china, are navels removed after birth?

Every culture has it’s own rituals. Some are based on “Scientific Evidence”. Some are holdovers from problems that occurred in the past and are no longer necessary in today’s society. Some are done because they seem “logical”.

For example, it is still extremely common in today’s American society to whack off the end of little boy’s private parts….Owwwwww……. In some cultures, they do the same thing, but rather than doing it in infancy, they wait until the boy is a teenager and is very much aware of the painful process!!!!!!!

Why is this done?…. Well, perhaps the practice was started for hygienic issues. But, as hygienic practices have changed in our society, perhaps it is no longer necessary.

If babies are healthy in China while covering the umbilical cords….. Well, isn’t that the most important thing in the world to a family, to have a healthy baby? I could imagine the possibilities of a baby suffering from cold stress in the abdominal area. Keeping the abdomen warm might aid in many ways. Dirty dressings, of course, would be worse than no dressings at all.

As far as Chinese Medicine, I can understand the concept herbs having incredible healing properties that few “Western” Doctors are unaware of. I have troubles fathoming the 5 elements of Chinese Medicine and Qi; Earth, Fire, Metal, Water, and Wood. Yet, using these concepts, the Chinese Doctors can be very effective in many situations. Even furniture arrangement in a house is vital…..

I would think that starting life off properly from birth would be as important for a child as anything else.

--------------------------------------------

Hmmm,

Part of the original question is what happens to the Umbilical cord.

Western Doctors have recently discovered an exceptional value in the Umbilical Cord and Placenta….. Many more applications will be discovered soon. Apparently they contain partially differentiated stem cells. These cells can be used instead of bone marrow transplants in patients suffering from leukemia and other blood diseases and cancers. In many senses umbilical cord blood transplants are safer for the recipient than using donated bone marrow. It is a big up and coming field that you will hear lots about in the future.

----- Clifford ------

OT...OT...OT...

I used to have a friend who was a nurse in a hospital birthing ward. She used to work with a surgeon who did circumsicions and noticed that he wrapped the 'removed part' in gauze and stuck it in his lab coat. Curosity got the best of her and she finally asked him what he did with them. His answer?????  Fishing bait - best damn bait he ever used!

What's he fishing for? cockeye salmon?

Is it Possible to get your belly button removed after it is installed?

Yes. Leaves you with quite the conversation piece on your adobmen. You can tell people that you were grown in an artifical womb, and display your lack of a belly button as proof.

The age old question.........did Adam have a belly button???

Is it Possible to get your belly button removed after it is installed?

Yes. Leaves you with quite the conversation piece on your adobmen. You can tell people that you were grown in an artifical womb, and display your lack of a belly button as proof.

The age old question.........did Adam have a belly button???

And....if he did, does that mean God is a woman?

So,

If Man was made in God's Image.....

Does God have a belly button?