Hello;

We'll we are just about there, our interview is less than two weeks away and I'll be leaving next week to be with the wife for our interview. I am just wondering if there are any last suggestions prior to our interview. :secret: Or maybe just some hand holding.. :D

All these months come down to just minutes... :huh:

Thanks Dan

I am glad that you two are so close to your interview. Go Pink!

Here's a little advice. Be cautious with your hopes. That way if things don't go well, you won't be devastated. For you and your wife this will be a life changing event, but for the CO, your wife is only another face and another person to screen for fraud or terrorism. We all know that the interview can be a crapshoot. If things go well, YOHOO!!! It will be all over except the trip to the US.

If things don't go well, you will need to be strong for your wife, and assure her that you will take care of whatever needs to be done to solve the problem.

Sometimes CO's make a mistake. If that happens, like it did for RobertH, insist on speaking with the Chief of the Immigration Unit. Hopefully you can clarify things and get the visa.

Best of luck to you.

Here's a little advice. Be cautious with your hopes. That way if things don't go well, you won't be devastated. For you and your wife this will be a life changing event, but for the CO, your wife is only another face and another person to screen for fraud or terrorism. We all know that the interview can be a crapshoot. If things go well, YOHOO!!! It will be all over except the trip to the US.

If things don't go well, you will need to be strong for your wife, and assure her that you will take care of whatever needs to be done to solve the problem.

Sometimes CO's make a mistake. If that happens, like it did for RobertH, insist on speaking with the Chief of the Immigration Unit. Hopefully you can clarify things and get the visa.

Best of luck to you.

our interview date is very important as my wife is nearly 5 months pregnant. As we all know we are given but only 9.... I understand that our own government doesn't care about the fact that my wife is pregnant. For this person they would not care where it is born. I have done all I can do and now it comes down to a few minutes in front of a thick glass window... I am thinking positive...

dan

Best of luck to you.

our interview date is very important as my wife is nearly 5 months pregnant. As we all know we are given but only 9.... I understand that our own government doesn't care about the fact that my wife is pregnant. For this person they would not care where it is born. I have done all I can do and now it comes down to a few minutes in front of a thick glass window... I am thinking positive...

dan

Wish you all the best at your interview, hang in there and keep your positive attitude

Your wife is pregnant and the most important for you both is to keep her stress levels to a minimum.

When my wife (then fiancee) had her interview I menatlly prepared her for a blue or a white.

I basically told her that if she did not get a visa now it was just a matter of time before she got it and no matter what we would be togather. It also helped her relax for the interview.

Hope for the best but expect the worst (sorry for putting it so bluntly).

I wish you all the best.

Good luck to you guys. I hope your journey is a successful one. I did my best to write an extensive write-up while in Guangzhou (transportation, vaccinations, ACH, ACS, etc) They may not all apply to you, however, they might give you a general idea of what to expect while in GUZ. I am not by far an authoritative of Guangzhou information, however, the information listed is fairly recent, and I hope it will help to some degree. If you're interested, you can click on my signature.