Go to the opening or front page of Candle.

Scrool down to the bottom and see Links and Recources.

On the right see "Finding DHL Numbers" by donahso.

I researched it having recently had the same ?, and donahso kindly made it a permanent fixture in recources.

NVC will naturally not give you DHL info, but will tell you the date it was shipped.

Armed with the date info, then follow the instructions in the Recourse Link.

If DHL asks you if it is your package, the answer is yes - it contains my vital visa documentation.

Dean

From the Links and Resource File:

I have a k3 petition that left NVC on Nov 17. All three packs have arrived in Guangzhou, but only 1 has cleared customs.

I got the info by phoning DHL at 1-800-225-5345. When I got a human, I gave them the NVC address (32 Rochester Ave Portsmouth, N.H. ZIP CODE 03801-2909)

Guangzhou is US Consulate No. 1 Shamian Street, Guangzhou, PRC ZIP CODE 510133.

The most important parts to DHL are the zip codes.

If they ask if it is your package, the answer is yes, it's my vital visa documentation.

Here is the DHL Tracker link.

http://www.dhl-usa.com/tracking

Hope this helps,

Dean

Also, a recent post of someone who knew someone in GZ stated that you will always see that on a shipment, they always pick up one package in a DHL shipment immediately, but your other packages just sit. She said that the one they always pick up first is their diplomatic pouch stuff.

My package shipped on Nov 17 (1 of 3) is still there - almost one month now. They picked up the first pack immediately - the other 2 are still in GZ long term storage - i.e. DHL.

Dean

Hey thanks for the info. The results are:

3 packages shipped from NVC to GZ on 12/10

#1 weighs .7 lb - delivered

#2 weighs .2 lb - delivered

#3 weighs 11.9 lbs - clearance delay

Should I assume packet #3 includes our file? Seems like that would be par for this course. Can't find a way to confirm which packet.

Hey thanks for the info.  The results are:

3 packages shipped from NVC to GZ on 12/10

#1 weighs .7 lb - delivered

#2 weighs .2 lb - delivered

#3 weighs 11.9 lbs - clearance delay

Should I assume packet #3 includes our file?  Seems like that would be par for this course.  Can't find a way to confirm which packet.

That would be my assumption :huh: