July Interview Group

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We fly to GUZ tomorrow and interview on Tuesday. Everything is ready, but I still keep checking. I'm hoping the VO keeps the July 4th relaxed holiday spirit going for us and the rest of you in July!

Keep us posted! I have a million questions. Can I call?

I am in Beijing.

We fly to GUZ tomorrow and interview on Tuesday. Everything is ready, but I still keep checking. I'm hoping the VO keeps the July 4th relaxed holiday spirit going for us and the rest of you in July!

Keep us posted! I have a million questions. Can I call?

I am in Beijing.

Interview results and description posted at http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41904

If you'd like to call, send me a PM and I'll respond with my Chinese cell, but I think posting on the forums might be a better avenue. I'll be fairly busy these next few days, and can better sit and respond in-between taking care of other things. :)

I am at the Yang's!

We have gone through all of the papers!

and will be up at dawn tomorrow to wait in line!

Rodger & Christina

Oh and for those who don't mind living a little chinese you can rent a single room with a shared bathroom for $130 per night.

I am at the Yang's!

Rodger & Christina

Oh and for those who don't mind living a little chinese you can rent a single room with a shared bathroom for $130 per night.

$130 a night, I hope you mean 130 RMB a night.

I am at the Yang's!

Rodger & Christina

$130 a night, I hope you mean 130 RMB a night.

Yep! I am the cheapest laowai in china!

We got the pink slip.

they asked 4 questions

1) When did you meet

2) when did you marry

3) where does your husband work

4) what was it like living together while he was still married? (snicker snicker)

Great! off to the USA!

They didn't want a single piece of paper. They quickly looked my 2009 1040, and took the police record book. They didn't want the financial support, the 230 info sheet, the marriage white book, or the birth certificate white book.

Wow! shocked!

We got the pink slip.

they asked 4 questions

1) When did you meet

2) when did you marry

3) where does your husband work

4) what was it like living together while he was still married? (snicker snicker)

Great! off to the USA!

They didn't want a single piece of paper. They quickly looked my 2009 1040, and took the police record book. They didn't want the financial support, the 230 info sheet, the marriage white book, or the birth certificate white book.

Wow! shocked!

Congratulations! What financial support didn't they want? I'm sure they at least wanted a copy of the I-864... By the way, was the officer a woman, middle-aged, overweight, friendly, and wearing glasses? :whistling: :whistling:

No they didn't want the I-864! I was shocked and worried, but the Yangs said that is often the case.

No my wife had some man in his mid 30's.

However my wife said a really fat woman handed almost everyone a white slip.

There was one black man from Africa. Every time the big woman would call the his name, she would tell him to turn around to go sit down. It sounds like she didn't like the black man.

July 16th here.

Pink :)

Jing was only asked a few questions... When did we meet? Where do I work? How many times had I visited China? Then the officer wanted to see some pictures and it was over.

Finally I can sleep peacefully at night XD

Quick question about the next step (hopefully it's ok if I ask here). We plan to enter the USA through San Fran. Since she'll have a K1 Visa and I'm an American citizen, will she have to go through the Visitor/Visa holder line while I go through the American Citizen line... or can she go through the American Citizen line with me? Obviously she isn't a citizen nor on an immigrant visa... but since we are traveling together :/ I'd preder to go through customs in the same line with her in case the officer has any questions she can't answer or has difficulty answering. Anyone have any experience with this?

Edited by mwastart (see edit history)

July 16th here.

Pink :)

Jing was only asked a few questions... When did we meet? Where do I work? How many times had I visited China? Then the officer wanted to see some pictures and it was over.

Finally I can sleep peacefully at night XD

Quick question about the next step (hopefully it's ok if I ask here). We plan to enter the USA through San Fran. Since she'll have a K1 Visa and I'm an American citizen, will she have to go through the Visitor/Visa holder line while I go through the American Citizen line... or can she go through the American Citizen line with me? Obviously she isn't a citizen nor on an immigrant visa... but since we are traveling together :/ I'd preder to go through customs in the same line with her in case the officer has any questions she can't answer or has difficulty answering. Anyone have any experience with this?

Congratulations!!! Yes I have experience with this. We were allowed to go through the same line together. Can't remember which line but it didn't matter as long as we were together. Shouldn't be a problem for you.

I have a friend who passed the interview on July7, but has not got the actual visa yet? Any experience on how long it's taking recently?

Thanks,

I hate to hear those stories... where you get pink and then it sits in limbo. You can read many cases of that, in some cases they have to wait in GZ for weeks! Unfortunately we have seen the outcome vary dramatically, to weeks, to months, to even getting the passport back in the mail with the visa affixed and then crossed out!!

In most cases it seems it clears up in about 3 weeks and the visa does come through eventually...