Question about shpts, Na has no records for any shots. I am guessing that she will need to start from scratch. I know some of the shots requir more than one given at different times. Will she be able to start the process and then file the papers or will we need to wait until all completed?

By papers I mean AOS.

Robert

Yes can start the shots, OR get tested for Immunity to what is being immunized for.

The shots can be administered or tested for by whoever, so shop around for the best price. My wife had this done in Guangzhou after her interview, and got a yellow book, which we later has a US civil surgeon transfer to an I-693 for $35.

What is need by adults are:

1. MMR
  2. Varicella (Chicken Pox)
  3. Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids

MMR and Varicella CAN be tested for by a Titer Test, if it shows immunity to Mumps, Measels, Rubella, and/or Chicken Pox, this will reduce the number of vaccinations needed.

Be aware a lot of civil surgeons like to Rip you off for a full medical, it is NOT needed for a K-Visa adjusting status, only the vaccination record, shop around.

Yes can start the shots, OR get tested for Immunity to what is being immunized for.

The shots can be administered or tested for by whoever, so shop around for the best price. My wife had this done in Guangzhou after her interview, and got a yellow book, which we later has a US civil surgeon transfer to an I-693 for $35.

1. MMR

MMR and Varicella CAN be tested for by a Titer Test, if it shows immunity to Mumps, Measels, Rubella, and/or Chicken Pox, this will reduce the number of vaccinations needed.

Be aware a lot of civil surgeons like to Rip you off for a full medical, it is NOT needed for a K-Visa adjusting status, only the vaccination record, shop around.

Is this all the same for an immigrant visa (CR-1) too?

1. MMR

Is this all the same for an immigrant visa (CR-1) too?

For CR1, the vaccinations have to be done in China before the interview if she has no record of having them before.

1. MMR

Dan she just went to the health clinic here and they gave her:

MMR

Tetanus

Chicken Pox and

Hep B.

They say she has to come back in 2 months for more.

Can we have what she got today transfered to the I-693 by a CS and send in papers or do we wait for 2 more months?

Also the cost I think was really high......$143.00??????

Robert

MMR

Tetanus

Chicken Pox and

Hep B.

Can we have what she got today transfered to the I-693 by a CS and send in papers or do we wait for 2 more months?

Robert

Can go with what you have now, a CS will do an I-693 with what you have now.

1. MMR

MMR

Tetanus

Chicken Pox and

Hep B.

Robert

The clinic forgot Robecella. :unsure:

1. MMR

MMR

Tetanus

Chicken Pox and

Hep B.

Robert

The clinic forgot Robecella. :angry:

Reading this, I have a question. My Wife is 4 months pregnant now and she informs me that she cannot find, nor does she have a record of shots. Because of her pregnancy, what shots will then be required? She cannot have a battery of test done before the interview next month because of the pregnancy.. So I am confused on what to do about this?

Dan

Reading this, I have a question. My Wife is 4 months pregnant now and she informs me that she cannot find, nor does she have a record of shots. Because of her pregnancy, what shots will then be required? She cannot have a battery of test done before the interview next month because of the pregnancy.. So I am confused on what to do about this?

Dan

Some vaccinations are fine when pregnant, the others can be waived and accepted by the consulate. The doctors at the medical center deal with this all the time.

Any that are waived, SHOULD be done later in the states, or be tested for immunity for peace of mind.

Ann Linden, certified nurse-midwife

That depends on the type of vaccine. To play it safe, pregnant women should avoid live vaccines such as those for measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella (chicken pox). Because live vaccines are made from live viruses, they could potentially infect you and your unborn baby with the disease. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says there's been no reported harm to a fetus from the accidental administration of these live vaccines, but information is limited, so it's still a risk that expectant moms shouldn't take.

Some other vaccines, such as those for hepatitis A, hepatitis B, and tetanus, are safe and recommended for pregnant women who are at risk of getting these diseases. The influenza vaccine (flu shot) is also safe ¡ª the CDC recommends it for all pregnant women who will be in their second or third trimester during flu season. (The nasal-spray flu vaccine, however, contains live virus and should not be taken during pregnancy.) For more information, see the chart listing safe and unsafe vaccines from the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). MORE..

http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-t...regnant_7227.bc

FYI - Just a recommendation:

Make everyone in your family have a PHS-731 "International Certificates of Vaccination" -- i.e. the YELLOW BOOK. They usually cost $5-10$, and most Civil Surgeons have them available. They also are known as "travel certificates"....but are really just a format for keeping track of vaccinations.

Also..the ones given in CHina at an autorized place --- are superior to the cheaply printed ones in the US done by the PHS (Public Health Service) , and are formated better.

The little Yellow Booklet - always stay's near our Passports - and they go with us "together" - when we travel. "NEVER LEAVE HOME (OVERSEAS) WITHOUT IT". Should've seen the fit I threw at the Hospital when our son was born (24 Dec 2009) when they DIDN"T HAVE ANY OF THESE books for vaccination history...and wanted to put it on a single sheet of paper with the title...Hawaii Shot Record! Nothing changed...I had to go to a civil surgeon and buy one...take it back to have the stuff entered and verified by the Hospital where he was born.

Best of Luck

Edited by 2mike&jin (see edit history)