clothing for interview

One wife in line with us wore what I would call High Class KTV attire but she also got a pink (and was one of the first ones to get called for an interview... hummmmm) -- :D

something like this :lol:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3054/2660299363_b8afe5a05c.jpg

are we talking about ktv girls AGAIN???!!! :D :D :D

One wife in line with us wore what I would call High Class KTV attire but she also got a pink (and was one of the first ones to get called for an interview... hummmmm) -- :lol:

something like this :rolleyes:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3054/2660299363_b8afe5a05c.jpg

are we talking about ktv girls AGAIN???!!! :D :D :D

LOL .. Actually yes. It was basically a Qipao but with silts up each side to just above her hips and I think the same exact shoes!!!

I looked over at her...looked back to my wife to make a sarcastic comment..and she said "don't say it, in fact don't even open your mouth" ... :lol: I gave my best "What Who Me?" look and rolled my eyes.

My wife wore business attire. Most people I saw waiting in line wore something a little more dressy than their usual Saturday lounging clothes.

http://img.tradeindia.com/tradeleads/2/org_1832904.jpg

My wife wore something similar like the woman on the left (light pink blazer black dress pants). If you have or can afford business clothes, I'd go for it. Looking professional can help one act professional (my experience)

EDIT:

I agree with Randy below. This being your one shot - I'd do everything you (the applicant) can do to make sure your overall presentation - physical attire and kitchen sink contents count.

Who ever photo shopped this should be fired. Looks like they went for a spin on Wonkas taffy puller. :o

• 2 weeks later...

If it's going to make the interviewer feel better, I don't see any reason not to do it. Whatever helps in making you more confident should be done.

Having said that, my wife wore a pink t-shirt with a nice sweater over it with blue jeans. She mentioned that she got cold in the interview room but didn't want to button up her sweater because the VO couldn't see pink. She kept saying she wanted the VO to see pink so they'd think pink and give her pink...which they did. So I guess it worked :rolleyes:

Ultimately though, I don't think it matters that much. Like I said though, it doesn't hurt...

If it's going to make the interviewer feel better, I don't see any reason not to do it. Whatever helps in making you more confident should be done.

Having said that, my wife wore a pink t-shirt with a nice sweater over it with blue jeans. She mentioned that she got cold in the interview room but didn't want to button up her sweater because the VO couldn't see pink. She kept saying she wanted the VO to see pink so they'd think pink and give her pink...which they did. So I guess it worked :rolleyes:

Ultimately though, I don't think it matters that much. Like I said though, it doesn't hurt...

WOW! You made an assault on the VO's subliminal....excellent!

My wife wore business attire. Most people I saw waiting in line wore something a little more dressy than their usual Saturday lounging clothes.

http://img.tradeindia.com/tradeleads/2/org_1832904.jpg

My wife wore something similar like the woman on the left (light pink blazer black dress pants). If you have or can afford business clothes, I'd go for it. Looking professional can help one act professional (my experience)

EDIT:

I agree with Randy below. This being your one shot - I'd do everything you (the applicant) can do to make sure your overall presentation - physical attire and kitchen sink contents count.

She wore something like the one on the left, can't remember if it had the tie thing though. I think it's fine to just walk the middle ground, don't under dress or over dress for it... and I also think it might have a little bearing on the result too.