"....we should own up to our own mistakes and take credit for them for once...."

Gee Tsap, I though we were.... we've "taken credit" from the Chinese to the tune of over two trillion dollars... :D :D

Own up to THAT mistake ? Not likely, by either Dems or Reps..... :bullshit:

That's hilarious, Kim. :lol:

What's a mere two trillion in credit...why that's just a few thousand acres of pesky rainforest that could be cut down and turned into paper for our printing presses. We could "print" our way out of this mess...who'd know the difference, it's all credit and paper anyhow. :)

tsap seui

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jin979
President Barack Obama and Chinese counterpart Hu Jintao discuss the yuan's level vs. the dollar, with Hu saying China will stick to its own path.

Kinda like 'pound sand'. :)

I for one, hope the Chinese stick to their own path and don't allow us to bend their arm...it wasn't them who got America into the dumpster, we should work it out on our own, without pointing fingers at others for our plight. Afterall, it was American businessmen who took the jobs offshore. I'm sick and tired of our ...Mommy, he stepped on my toes :)

Where is the American spirit? Are we reduced to finger pointing? Just take the real crooks out of their ivory towers and vacation style federal pens, and shoot the bastards as examples of what NOT to do.

Stick to your guns Hu...we should own up to our own mistakes and take credit for them for once.

tsap seui :)

The Chinese government should do what is best for their nation.

That said, however, they do have to make the RMB into a freely convertible currency. That would solve all the currency exchange issues.

I think under the terms of their WTO agreement they are required to have the RMB freely convertible by a certain time.

If America cannot manage its own money,why should we get involved in their troubles ?

USA has shown that they cannot be trusted in regard to finaince, we should let them sink or swim on their own, not our problem.

China has better relationship with the EU, bigger trading partner, the USA is not what it once was. they cannont control the corruption from wall street and the banks.I think we should cash in our credit (their debt) with us let them collapse and then they can rebuild without the established corruption so embedded in their financial establishment.

Floating the rmb to save Americia, why ?

Guest Tony n Terrific

Today President Hu told the US that China will not be pressuerd into raising the yuan. A cheap yuan provides over 200 million jobs in China. What would happen if the yuan would rise 40%? The revolution that lasted from 1927 to 1949 and then the Cultural Revolution will look likes childs play.

China is looking out for its best interests here not anyone elses.

Guest jin979

Today President Hu told the US that China will not be pressuerd into raising the yuan. A cheap yuan provides over 200 million jobs in China. What would happen if the yuan would rise 40%? The revolution that lasted from 1927 to 1949 and then the Cultural Revolution will look likes childs play.

WHY should China care for USA interests ? usa is destroying itself, why should we help?

Guest Tony n Terrific

WHY should China care for USA interests ? usa is destroying itself, why should we help?

WE? Jin America is your adopted land now. What about us? Your posts about America are antagonistic and very flammable. Lighten it up a little.

http://www.navyjack.info/i/wallpaper/1152x864.gif

WE? Jin America is your adopted land now. What about us? Your posts about America are antagonistic and very flammable. Lighten it up a little.

http://www.navyjack.info/i/wallpaper/1152x864.gif

Former adopted land. They moved to China, Tony.

Guest jin979

I hope they will have a wonderful life there in China.

Thank you Tony ;)

on subject not meaning to be aggressive at all, but America cannot blame others for how it is now, the US govt, banks and consumers have brought USA to big troubles, they might like to blame china and others, but they still buy from china , many complain about this and usa jobs, ok go make it as cheap in USA.

Its choice just buy USA made things, nothing else made in any other country. my only advice to USA is buy with cash not credit. I realise many live by credit and still think its ok, but really the lesson of the last years shows different.

I have nothing against the USA at all, but I see it as as failing country supporting a failed economy and a world wide distrusted capitalist finacial sysytem that will not accept it needs to change its ways, but yes we all need a hot tub, so banks rule.

My deepest hope is that China never adopts western capitilism and financial ways (sorry GDBILL) I realise many business,bank and govt men in china want that so they can make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$, but I hope my china will not let that happen again, the people are more important than individual or company profit. Does material things really bring happiness to life ?

Edited by jin979 (see edit history)

"...We could "print" our way out of this ...." so true, Tsap, and exactly why the Chinese have been so pissed at us since the meltdown----discharge the US debt held by China through inflation.

It better not happen, or all bets are off regarding our financial relationship with China. ----if China wants to teach the US a lesson, it can, it will punish its people to make it happen (like they did, to some extent in the 1997 Asian meltdown) -----but it will hurt MUCH more in the US.

I'm no economist but from what I can understand, the world economy is so interconnected nowadays and the US is such a big player, that if anything bad happens in the US everyone is going to be in trouble. In other words we're all in the same boat, if it springs a leak it doesn't matter if you're on the lower deck or upper deck, if the leak is not plugged we're all going down.

PS A lot of US home loan lenders should to be sent to jail.

Edited by BabeInTheWoods (see edit history)

Thank you Tony :)

on subject not meaning to be aggressive at all, but America cannot blame others for how it is now, the US govt, banks and consumers have brought USA to big troubles, they might like to blame china and others, but they still buy from china , many complain about this and usa jobs, ok go make it as cheap in USA.

Its choice just buy USA made things, nothing else made in any other country. my only advice to USA is buy with cash not credit. I realise many live by credit and still think its ok, but really the lesson of the last years shows different.

I have nothing against the USA at all, but I see it as as failing country supporting a failed economy and a world wide distrusted capitalist finacial sysytem that will not accept it needs to change its ways, but yes we all need a hot tub, so banks rule.

My deepest hope is that China never adopts western capitilism and financial ways (sorry GDBILL) I realise many business,bank and govt men in china want that so they can make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$, but I hope my china will not let that happen again, the people are more important than individual or company profit. Does material things really bring happiness to life ?

Yes, the US have a lot of problems they need to fix.

As long as the CCP are in charge, China will never have a financial system like the US, it will stay a command enconomy. The Chinese sytem however is not perfect eg bad loans, housing bubble, sharemarket etc. But the fact it is a command enconomy means that the CCP can put out financial fires more easily than the US can.

Guest Tony n Terrific

BabeInTheWoods quote

(PS A lot of US home loan lenders should to be sent to jail.)

The former WAMU executives are no under fire for the fraud they commited. The club sacrificed Madoff in hopes they could get away with stealing trillions of dollars from the world. The Big Banks are digging a hole right now. Soon the American people are going to put a building over this hole they have dug. It is called a jail and they will be underneath this jail. Hopefully soon.

Guest Tony n Terrific

BabeInTheWoods quote

(PS A lot of US home loan lenders should to be sent to jail.)

The former WAMU executives are no under fire for the fraud they commited. The club sacrificed Madoff in hopes they could get away with stealing trillions of dollars from the world. The Big Banks are digging a hole right now. Soon the American people are going to put a building over this hole they have dug. It is called a jail and they will be underneath this jail. Hopefully soon.

The SEC today charged Goldman and Sachs with fraud. The SEC's civil fraud complaint alleges that Goldman allowed hedge fund Paulson & Co run by John Paulson, who made billions of dollars betting on the subprime collapse to help select securities in the CDO.

Goldman didn't tell investors that Paulson was shorting the CDO, or betting its value would fall. When the CDO's value plunged within months of its issuance, Paulson walked off with $1 billion, the SEC said.

The big security houses stocks fell also today by 3-13%. The Wall Street Mavens are hearing footsteps from the Feds.

Run Forest, Run!

Guest Tony n Terrific

Odd timing on the news release, no? I read about a financial regulation bill hitting problems in Congress. Did you see the other SEC news released today? Remember that Sanford guy who ran a Ponzi scheme? Seems like SEC knew that back in 1997 or such but didn't do anything. Of course the Goldman news got most of the press.

SEC is pretty clever, no?

But I don't see how any of that affects the yuan - unless Schumer backs off his bill to start a trade war.

These very people helped financed China to their heights today. When the Soviet Unoin went belly up in 1991 this enity of corruption and greed needed a political counterwight againt the US or the way they where to doing business would become extinct. Where did China get their capital from? They hardly could feed their own people 20 years ago. Then they become a industrial super power? Horseshit.